As a marketing copywriter, there’s nothing worse than staring at a blank screen when a deadline’s looming.
So how can you get some new ideas, fast?
Using copywriting templates and examples from other successful marketing campaigns can help to inspire you and breathe new life into your marketing copy.
Of course, finding those copywriting templates takes time, which is the one thing most busy marketers don’t have.
That’s why we’ve put together this resource.
We’ve scoured the web to find the best templates and swipe files for copywriters, covering the most important areas of marketing copy. And we’ve focused on resources you can easily adapt for your own use, not just examples.
Our list of copywriting templates and copywriting formulas is subdivided for easy navigation.
Use this table of contents to jump straight to the area where you’re looking for inspiration:
- Headline Copywriting Templates
- Email Subject Line Templates
- Email Marketing Copywriting Templates
- Call to Action Copywriting Templates
- Product Description Copywriting Templates
- Social Media Copywriting Templates
- Welcome Email Templates
- Cold Email Templates
- Sales Email Templates
- Other Copywriting Formulas and Swipe Files
Headline Copywriting Templates
Let’s start at the top, with the copy that determines whether people will keep reading, or click away. If you want to write better headlines, these templates will jumpstart the process.
1. Copywriting Headlines That Sell – This is an excellent resource from Neville Medhora’s Kopywriting Kourse. In addition to headline copywriting templates and formulas, it includes guidance on how headlines work, and where to get more inspiration.
2. 9 Proven Headline Formulas That Sell Like Crazy – For many people, Copyblogger’s a go-to resource for copywriting advice. Direct response copywriter Dean Rieck reveals winning headline copywriting formulas, and explains why they work.
3. 10 Sure-Fire Headline Formulas That Work – Copyblogger is a known authority on writing headlines. If you want to try some different headline templates, check out this guide.
4. 5 Headline Templates to Make More Sales Today – Ray Edwards describes 5 headline copywriting formulas that are proven to be effective. The article includes a couple of examples of each.
5. 102 Headline Formulas – On Blogging Well offers a copywriting formulas PDF created by Chris Garrett. These formulas are subdivided into 6 categories for easy reference.
6. Steve Fabian’s copywriting swipe file – This incredible swipe file is still available thanks to the Internet Archive. It provides 51 copywriting formulas, with a filled in example for each.
7. 58+ Headline Formulas – Blog Marketing Academy’s list of formulas is subdivided into headlines for tutorials, list posts, and other types of copy. The article also includes guidance on using emotional words in headline copywriting.
8. Smart Blogger’s 52 Headline Hacks – You’ll need to hand over your email address to grab this list of headline hacks, but it’s worth it. With this ebook, you don’t just get the hacks; you also get guidance on how to use the formulas.
9. 7 Proven Headline Formulas That Convert (And why they work) – In this expert guide, Russ Henneberry gives headline examples, unpicks the copywriting formulas being used, and shows how those formulas can be used to create new headlines.
10. 7 More Sure-Fire Headline Templates That Work – As always, Copyblogger’s headline copywriting formulas stay away from the typical list post and how-to examples.
11. Writing Home Page Headlines For The Modern World (3 Formulas That Work) – Peep Laja of ConversionXL shares 3 formulas with examples, and also explains how to eliminate bad headlines.
12. A Collection of the Most Powerful Million Dollar Headlines – Though the layout makes it hard to read, Jason Hart’s guide is full of good advice on everything from power words to testing headlines, so it’s worth the effort.
13. Peter Sandeen’s 101 Headline Formulas – If you want to get this copywriting swipe file PDF from Peter Sandeen, you’ll need to opt in. In this swipe file, you’ll learn why each formula works so you can apply it in your own headline writing.
14. 41 Classic Copywriting Headline Templates – Inspired by the greats, Amy Harrison’s headline copywriting formulas tell you how to fill in the blanks so you can use them to get results in your own business.
Email Subject Line Templates
For marketers, email subject lines are just as important as headlines for other content. The purpose is the same: to get recipients to open emails and read more. This section contains email marketing swipe file examples you can use to nail those subject lines.
15. 164 Best Email Subject Lines to Boost Your Email Open Rates – This is a handy resource available from our own blog. We also cover the psychological reasons why certain subject lines work and give plenty of examples you can use for inspiration.
16. DigitalMarketer’s 101 Best Email Subject Lines of 2016 – This is a great source of high converting email swipes. Since they sent more than 100 million emails in 2016, they know what works. The post also includes their best subject lines from 2013-2015, with email swipe file PDF downloads available for each year.
17. 29 Sales Email Subject Lines That Get Prospects to Open, Read, and Respond – Writing sales emails? Then check out this list from Hubspot. They also explain when and how to use each email subject line.
18. 37 Copy-And-Paste Email Subject Lines For Churches – In this swipe file, the examples are geared towards churches, but we reckon anyone can use them. It gives you the stats on certain subject lines, and gives examples you can copy for your own use.
19. GrowthLab’s Email Copywriting Guide – This guide includes a chapter on email subject lines, with templates you can copy and stats on how they worked.
Email Marketing Copywriting Templates
If you want to write better emails, it’s essential to nail the body copy. In this section, we look at a few resources to help you do that.
20. 4 Bombproof Formulas for Openings That Grab Readers and Don’t Let Go – Smart Blogger’s list is intended for bloggers, but it works for email marketing, too. This guide walks you through how to grab readers’ attention after they read your headline or open your email.
21. Digital Marketer’s Best Email Body Copy – There are some great email swipe examples to adapt in this roundup. The Digital Marketer team share what’s worked for them so you can use it as a starting point to create your own email copywriting templates.
22. What to Write in Your Emails – The course outlines the emails you need, and includes 45 email copywriting templates you can fill in.
23. 3 Tested Email Marketing Templates You Can Use Right Now – Copyblogger delivers three fill in the blank email copywriting templates that combine persuasive content with compelling sales pitches.
24. Michele Pariza Wacek’s Copywriting Email Templates – Though they require an email opt-in, you can use these ready-to-send emails to boost your sales. These are proven to work for product launches, improving registrations, and more.
25. Unfunnel’s Best Email Marketing Campaigns Of 2017 – Unfunnel offers subject lines and body copy for their best performing email marketing campaigns of the past year. They analyze why they worked, which will help you to adapt them for your own use.
26. Super Office’s Email Swipe File – You don’t just get examples here; you also get an implementation guide. That makes it easy for you to apply these email copywriting formulas and templates in your own campaigns.
Call to Action Copywriting Templates
The call to action is an essential element of successful, high-converting copywriting. In this section, we showcase some call to action copywriting formulas you can use to inspire your audience and customers to subscribe, sign up, or buy.
27. 14 Real-Life Examples of CTA Copy YOU Should Copy – Hubspot explains exactly why these examples work and which features you should emulate.
28. 21 Call to Action Examples – Kathryn Aragon of Crazy Egg tells us what works, and what doesn’t, with calls to action. She provides some rules for writing them, along with call to action examples.
29. Hubspot’s Calls to Action Templates – There are dozens of templates here, covering everything from email marketing to eCommerce. Click on the ones that interest you, then opt in to get them.
30. How To Write A Call To Action In A Template With 6 Examples – CoSchedule highlights the science of writing effective calls to action, and gives examples you can copy in your marketing.
Product Description Copywriting Templates
Product descriptions help buyers imagine using your products so they want to buy them. That’s why they’re such a crucial element of product pages. Here are a few copywriting templates to help you write better product descriptions.
31. How To Write Product Descriptions To Grow Sales –
This resource by BigCommerce includes a simple copywriting formula for effective product descriptions, and gives examples of how to build on that to make your descriptions work even better.
32. A Copywriter’s Template for Excellent Product Page Descriptions – Econsultancy’s copywriting template for product descriptions is a little different, functioning more like a recipe or step-by-step guide. It consists of 17 questions you have to answer to make your product descriptions work.
33. Product Descriptions that Sell: Template & Sample – Made Urban provides fill in the blank product description examples, and walks you through the process of creating one. There’s also a final example at the end that you can compare to your own finished product.
34. Marketing Labs Product Description Templates – You’ll have to opt in to get this free product description template. This copywriting template includes guidance on SEO and how to focus your description.
Social Media Copywriting Templates
Social media can be a great way to grow your email list. Get some inspiration with our list of social media copywriting formulas and templates.
35. 30+ Ultimate Headline Formulas for Tweets, Posts, Articles, and Emails – What’s the best way to write a tweet? Buffer has you covered with this free resource. It includes the ultimate headline formula and lots of examples you can swipe.
36. The Best Social Media Copywriting Guide to Be a Social Word Ninja –
CoSchedule showcases 55 social media copywriting templates you can use today, covering Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. This article also includes guidance on hashtags and character counts.
37. 71 Ways to Write a Social Media Update – Buffer’s guide includes copywriting examples you can use for each social media network.
Welcome Email Templates
Welcome emails are some of the most important emails you’ll ever send. They have a high open rate, and set subscribers’ expectations about what you’ll deliver. Here are some copywriting templates you can use to create appealing welcome emails.
38. How to Write the Perfect Welcome Email for New Subscribers – On the OptinMonster blog, we walks you through the process of creating a great welcome email, including several useful examples.
39. Email Template for Welcoming New Subscribers –
CyberImpact provides a short, simple welcome email template you can fill in yourself.
40. How to Write An Effective Welcome Email – Shopify outlines the welcome email copywriting process, and gets your email swipe file started with 13 examples and 3 templates.
41. The Perfect Welcome Email Template – According to DigitalMarketer, the perfect welcome email has 5 parts. This article describes them, showing how the company uses this process in its own marketing. There’s also a downloadable template for you to use.
42. 6 Welcome Email Templates that Do More than Welcome – Wishpond outlines 6 welcome email templates and shows how and why they work, so you can choose the best one for your purposes.
43. Optimize Your Welcome Emails With These 5 Templates – Customer.io describes 5 types of welcome emails, and works through each of them. The article includes Google Doc templates you can use as starting points for your own emails.
Cold Email Templates
Sometimes you have to send an email to people who know nothing about you. That’s called a cold email, and it still has to be crafted so you get the results you want. Here are some examples of how to do that.
44. The Best Cold Email Template To Crush Replies – YesWare gives 7 examples of cold emails that get replies. Each example includes annotations, and a fill in the blank template you can copy.
45. 5 Cold Email Templates That Turn Your Contacts Warm As Toast – BananaTag provides 5 email copywriting templates that you can fill in yourself, along with general tips on writing cold emails.
46. 5 Cold Email Templates – The Close.io blog describes 5 cold email copywriting templates you can use to get warm leads. They also share some high converting copywriting formulas for cold email subject lines.
47. 5 Steps to Write a Cold Email That Converts New Clients – Ryan Robinson has three cold email templates used for getting clients, and describes how to use them and follow up. The email copywriting templates are also available as a free download.
48. Cold Email Template Issues – Leadfuze has collected 5 cold email examples to use in different circumstances, such as following up after a voicemail. Since the article explains why they work, you’ll be able to apply these tactics to your own emails.
49. “Magic” Email Template – John Corcoran has a 72-word magic email template, available after you opt in. There are also other email copywriting formulas available on the site.
50. 4 B2B Sales Principles Applied To Cold Email Templates – Right Hello applies the values of respect, cheerfulness, transparency, and helpfulness to writing cold emails, and shows how these would work in a B2B setting.
51. 26 Cold Email Examples Broken Down To Help You Write Your Own – Criminally Prolific’s Dmitry Dragilev shares the impressive results he’s achieved with cold emails. He also provides templates with filled in examples, and explains how and why they work.
52. 5 Cold Email Templates Sumo.com Used to Grow to $5 Million – Sumo shares 5 cold email templates for business development, follow-ups, referrals and more.
Sales Email Templates
As a marketer, your ultimate goal is to boost sales. Here are some copywriting templates for sales emails to help you do that. Be warned, Hubspot’s templates feature heavily in this section.
53. 28 Sales Prospecting Email Templates Guaranteed to Start a Relationship – If you’re prospecting for sales, Hubspot’s list of 28 copy and paste email copywriting templates will get your strategy off to a good start.
54. The Ultimate Guide to Sales Email – Yesware’s sales email templates are collected inside an ebook. You’ll need to opt in to download the tips on subject lines and body copy, based on data from more than half a million emails.
55. 12 CRM-Ready Sales Email Templates – Hubspot’s got more sales email copywriting templates, this time focused on customer relationship management (CRM).
56. 4 Sales Email Templates That Drive Conversions – SharpSpring analyzes these templates to figure out why they work. The article includes examples you can copy.
57. 9 Sales Email Templates to Inspire Urgency in Your Prospects – As we know, using urgency is a great way to improve your conversion rate. Hubspot’s got more email copywriting templates that use this tactic.
58. 12 Free Sales Email Templates Proven to Increase Response Rates –
SuperOffice offers sales email subject lines and templates, along with guidance on using email to increase productivity. You’ll have to opt in to get them, though.
59. 10 Sales Email Templates With 60% or Higher Open Rates – This collection of email swipe files from Hubspot is different. All the emails have open rates of 60% or higher, so you’ll definitely want to emulate them.
60. Five Sales Email Templates to Get You Started – The Pipedrive blog includes 5 email sales templates, along with guidance on using them effectively.
61. 101 Sales Email Templates You Can Use to Close More Deals – And finally in this section, Attach.io has a list of 101 sales email templates and examples you can use to win new business.
Other Copywriting Formulas and Swipe Files
This collection of copywriting templates and email swipe files doesn’t fit neatly into the categories above, but there are still some gems you can use to improve your marketing. Enjoy!
62. Swiped.co Swipe File Archive – This site is a community where marketers, copywriters and business owners can share inspiration. You can sort information by niche and by type of copywriting.
63. Ray Edwards’ Copywriting Cheatsheets – This site has 6 copywriting infographics and other guides on offer when you opt in.
64. The Ultimate Guide to No-Pain Copywriting – Copyhackers has a huge copywriting guide that includes copywriting formulas and templates.
65. The Copywriting Checklist – Mixergy has a 12 page PDF with a copywriting checklist and multiple examples.
66. ACCA Fundraising Copywriting Formula – Looking for copywriting formulas for fundraising? On Agency outlines the key formula for fundraising copy, and shows it in action on several sites.
67. Irresistible Invitation Emails for Webinars and Events – If you’re running a webinar, you’ll want to check out this analysis of webinar email invitations.
68. Conquer Website Copywriting Using These 3 Templates –
Brolik provides three website copywriting templates you can use for your web copy, plus a Google Doc you can use to create your own copy.
69. SwipeFile.io – It’s definitely worth checking out Neville Medhora’s personal copywriting swipe file, including examples for headlines, print ads, about pages, pricing pages, direct mail, and much more.
With these copywriting templates and email swipe files, you’re primed to write copy that improves conversions and sales.
Next, try measuring your content marketing ROI to see how well your strategy is working.