Are you looking for the best WordPress eCommerce plugins to grow your business?
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders for eCommerce entrepreneurs. One of its many benefits includes all the powerful plugins at your disposal.
These tools can help you quickly and efficiently build your online business.
That’s why, in this article, we’re excited to share the WordPress eCommerce plugins that will help you grow and expand your online store.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
Since this article is very detailed, we’ve created the following table of contents to help you find the exact plugins you’re looking for:
- Essential Plugins For an Online Store
- Grow Your Email List
- Increase Your Sales
- Create a Great User Experience
- Maintain and Protect Your Site
- Test and Analyze Your Performance
And if you need help with a bit of everything, feel free to keep reading.
Essential Plugins for an Online Store
WooCommerce is a powerful WordPress eCommerce plugin that just so happens to be FREE. It’s the driving force behind 30% of all online stores and offers incredible flexibility and customization.
With just a few clicks, you can create a beautiful WooCommerce store.
- Hundreds of extensions and themes, making it easy for you to add new features to your WooCommerce store
- Supports physical products as well as digital downloads
- Affiliate marketers can add affiliate or external products to your site, providing users a better experience
- Easily manage your inventory or even assign it to a store manager
- Built-in support for popular payment gateways (plus, you can add many other payment options using extensions)
- Automatically calculate taxes, shipping costs, and other expenses
- Excellent support including documentation, a knowledge base, help desk, and community forums
The biggest drawback of WooCommerce is its scalability. As your store gets larger, you’ll need to move to a managed hosting provider to scale your WooCommerce store.
If you’re interested in WooCommerce, you may want to check out the following article: How to Create a WooCommerce Popup (+7 Ways to Boost Sales).
OptinMonster is the most powerful conversion optimization and lead generation software in the world.
What that really means is we’re the best at getting your site’s visitors to take the actions you want them to. How do we do that?
By helping you create high-converting conversion campaigns like popups, floating bars, fullscreen welcome mats, and more in a matter of minutes.
With our drag and drop builder, you don’t need any coding skills or design experience. We made everything totally user-friendly, so anyone could create awesome campaigns for their eCommerce store.
These conversion campaigns can be used to increase page views on your site, grow your email list, increase sales, and more.
Plus, OptinMonster has loads of targeting tools specifically for WooCommerce:
This allows you to create conversion campaigns based on specific products in your WooCommerce store, what items your customer has in their cart, what your customers’ cart total is, and much more.
All of these targeting rules empower you to quickly boost sales in your eCommerce store.
Want to learn more about how OptinMonster works? Check out this post, Is OptinMonster Worth It? An Extensive Review.
- Turn abandoning visitors into leads using Exit-Intent® technology
- Create special offers targeting repeat visitors based on their previous interactions with your site using onsite retargeting
- Follow up with your visitors using MonsterChains
- Create custom browser cookies based on your customers’ demographics data then show highly targeted campaigns to drive conversions
Ready to get started? Go sign up for your risk-free OptinMonster account today!
A lot of time and effort goes into optimizing eCommerce websites for SEO performance, but Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin you can count on to keep it user-friendly.
- Content and SEO analysis
- Snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results
- Cornerstone content and internal linking features help you optimize your site structure
- Insights tool shows you what your text focuses on so you can keep your article in line with your keyphrases (Premium feature)
- Automatic internal linking suggestions (Premium feature)
BigCommerce is an eCommerce solution that’s specifically designed to help businesses with online sales. It’s the same platform that runs powerhouses like Skullcandy, Ben & Jerry’s, CamelBak, and other super well-known online stores.
BigCommerce is cloud-hosted and offers seamless integration with your WordPress website. This offers scalability, enterprise-grade security, and high performance.
- Keeping your eCommerce engine separate from other content makes it easier to run your WordPress website
- You can use it to sell on other channels like Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
- Choose from dozens of top payment gateways and only pay the payment service provider (no transaction charges)
- Offers a wide range of shipping and fulfillment options
- Comes with 80+ predesigned, responsive templates to help you design the best storefront
- Easily customize your store with BigCommerce apps
If you’re using BigCommerce, then we suggest you check out this post: Top 11 BigCommerce Apps That Will Convert More Customers.
Shopify, like BigCommerce, is a cloud-hosted eCommerce solution that lets you quickly get started with selling online. To get started with Shopify, you just sign up and dive in. No need to fuss with setting up different payment gateways, handling shipping or taxes, or making sure the site is secure.
Shopify handles it all.
Shopify makes our list because it’s an all-in-one solution that’s hassle-free.
- Supports both digital and physical products
- Comes with an inventory editor, bulk importer, and an order tracker, making inventory tracking super easy
- Multiple payment options mean you can accept credit cards online and in-person
- Streamlined shipping system and direct integration with popular providers like USPS makes order fulfillment a snap
- Shopify integrates with everything
Using Shopify for your eCommerce store? Go check out this post on the 29 best Shopify apps to increase your sales.
Easy Digital Downloads is a lightweight WordPress eCommerce plugin that comes with all the features you need to easily sell your digital products.
Other WordPress eCommerce plugins help you sell digital products from your store, but they come bundled with many features for selling physical products that you’ll likely never need.
Easy Digital Downloads gives you everything you need to sell your digital product–and nothing more.
- Easy to use, even for first-timers
- Hundreds of extensions available for everything from payment gateways to marketing platforms
- Works with almost any WordPress theme, but also has themes built specifically for the plugin
- Has excellent support with forums, videos, tutorials, and an IRC chatroom
Need a WordPress theme? Here’s a great resource for that: 22 Best Responsive eCommerce Themes and Templates (Free and Paid).
WordPress eCommerce Plugins to Grow Your Email List
SeedProd is a workhorse of a plugin. It handles coming soon pages, launch pages, under construction pages, and maintenance mode pages for your WordPress site.
And the best part is that SeedProd is a powerful tool for capturing leads before your WordPress site even goes live.
When you have a course or product launch coming up, you can create a Coming Soon Page that captures your audience’s email address. This lets you stay in contact with your target buyer before, during, and after your product launch.
In the end, you’re able to make more sales because you’ve got your leads ready to buy.
- Built-in email autoresponder
- Search engine optimized
- Social follow and share
Having a pre-launch marketing page really helps build excitement about your brand and can jumpstart your site’s SEO.
But when you add that optin form integration to start building your email list can really give your online business a big advantage. Imagine already having a mailing list of hundreds–or even thousands–of customers when you’re ready to announce your grand opening!
Even if you’re not new to the game, you can use SeedProd to create custom maintenance mode and 404 pages that will delight your visitors and get you leads.
Constant Contact is a user-friendly marketing tool that can cover all your marketing needs.
You can use Constant Contact as an email service provider to send targeted email campaigns to your audience. They have an easy to use campaign builder, tons of analytics to get the highest open rates possible, and loads of other features to help you grow your email list.
- Pre-designed templates to help you send branded emails
- List segmentation
- A/B testing
- Marketing automation
- And much more
Constant Contact is an excellent option for business owners who want to use email marketing to increase their profits.
Sendinblue is another email service provider that we highly recommend.
In fact, Sendinblue can help you with your email marketing but also launch SMS campaigns. It’s loaded with useful sales and marketing features.
Plus, Sendinblue integrates seamlessly with WordPress. That means you can track conversions and automate your campaigns to boost sales across your site.
- User friendly
- Drag and drop email campaign builder
- Marketing automation tools
- Audience segmentation
- A/B testing
- And much more
WordPress eCommerce Plugins to Increase Your Sales
TrustPulse is the best social proof notification plugin on the market. It can help you leverage the power of social proof to increase your conversions by up to 15%.
How does it work? TrustPulse will show a notification anytime someone positively interacts with your site.
So if someone makes a purchase, for example, you can have TrustPulse show a notification to your site’s visitors. This makes your brand appear more trustworthy and creates a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out).
In the end, your site’s visitors see other people benefiting from your product, and they want those same benefits.
- Smart targeting using advanced rules and timing controls to show your campaign at the right time to boost conversions
- Flexible design options to match the look and feel of your website
- Actionable analytics show you at a glance which pages deliver the highest conversions
- Works seamlessly with all popular website platforms
Ready for the best part? You can start TrustPulse totally FREE.
TrustPulse lets you use its software for 500 sessions for free. After that, the paid plans begin at just $4/month. That’s roughly the cost of your morning cup of coffee.
Head over to get your free TrustPulse account today!
Cart Recovery for WordPress is a WordPress eCommerce plugin that works with WooCommerce, WP eCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Restrict Content Pro right out of the box.
You can use this plugin to easily track abandoned carts, view stats in your WordPress dashboard, and configure automatic recovery email sending. Plus, it integrates with WordPress’ GDPR compliance tools for data access and data removal requests.
- Captures customers name, and email address as soon as they’re entered at checkout
- Capture and engage new customers who never reach checkout with “Save to Cart”
- Trigger abandoned cart email campaigns automatically
- Track in-progress carts, abandoned carts, and recovered carts easily within your WordPress dashboard
Cart Recovery for WordPress is one of your best options for reducing shopping cart abandonment with your online store.
WP Product Review is the best WordPress plugin for eCommerce on the market for product reviews. Adding a product review is easy, and you get to choose how you want to manage and display reviews on your website.
You simply select the product review option when writing a blog post, and the plugin shows you all the settings you need to write your review. You can even break down your review into features, add images, pros and cons, and more.
- Save time by importing features from reviews you’ve already built (and Amazon info!)
- 3 review layouts let you choose a layout that appeals to your visitors
- When posting comments, users can rate the different product specifications
- Automatically generate comparison tables from existing reviews
WP Product Review comes with sidebar widgets that let you showcase your reviews. And, you can use it to collect user-submitted reviews or let your users add their own rating and reviews in the comments.
All reviews use schema.org rich snippet format for maximum SEO benefit.
WordPress eCommerce Plugins for Better UX
One of the best ways to create a great user experience is to ask users what they want and expect from your brand or site. And WPForms is the best way to get that valuable feedback from your site’s visitors.
- Create a form in just a few minutes without writing any code using the drag and drop builder
- Smart survey fields: Likert scale, ratings, multiple-choice
- Create polls and display real-time results on your site
- Real-time insights offer beautiful reports with the best visualization
On top of all that, WPForms includes multi-page forms, email integration, conditional logic, and tons of other features, plus addons to extend its functionality even more.
Relevanssi significantly improves the WordPress search function. With this WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can customize your search to include pretty much every bit of content on your site and even offer cool options like “Did you mean…” suggestions.
This search feature can help your customers find the products they’re looking for and greatly improve your user experience (UX).
- Extends search functionality to include comments, categories, post excerpts, and more
- Show “Did you mean” suggestions
- Multi-site support (Premium feature)
Visitors will bounce from your site if they can’t quickly find what they need. The increased search functionality offered by Relevanssi gives you the chance to improve user experience and reduce bounce rates.
WordPress Plugins to Maintain and Protect Your Site
Sucuri Firewall can protect your eCommerce store from just about any type of attack, including brute force attacks, malware, DDoS attacks, and more.
- Unlimited malware and hack cleanup
- A comprehensive 5-step process ensures that your site’s protected
Sucuri blocks attacks before they even reach your server, keeping your site and users’ information safe.
All In One WP Security & Firewall is the best free WordPress security plugin available. It’s user-friendly and comes with a ton of features.
- Login Lockdown keeps your WordPress website protected against brute force attacks
- Force logout capabilities
- The ability to blacklist specific IPs or IP ranges
- A security dashboard that shows important info like failed login attempts, account activity, and users online
All In One WP Security & Firewall has lots of features and extendability. Plus, their support is easy to deal with and very patient.
With this WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can do straight URL matching, as well as use conditional redirects. And, Redirection makes it easy to redirect based on things like a user’s login status, browser, referring site, cookies, and more.
- Conditional redirects in addition to straightforward URL matching
- Track 404 errors so you can fix them
- View logs of all redirects including user and browser information
Redirects are good for your site’s SEO because it lets the search engine know that the page it’s looking for is no longer there. That means your old page’s traffic and backlink strength gets pushed to the new page.
These are the types of features that make Redirection perfect for maintaining your WordPress site.
Broken Link Checker lets you check your eCommerce site for broken links so you can fix them before you start seeing your bounce rates shoot up. Plus, it makes sure that you fix broken links before they hurt your UX.
This plugin monitors links in pages, posts, comments, and even custom fields.
- Monitors links wherever you want: posts, pages, comments, blogroll, and custom fields
- Edit links right from the plugin dashboard
- Get notifications via plugin dashboard or email of links that don’t work, missing images, and redirects
Broken links can do a lot of damage to your SEO and rankings. Plus, they’re super annoying to visitors. Even checking for broken links a couple of times a year can help you reduce bounce rates and increase page views.
WordPress eCommerce Plugins for Performance
MonsterInsights gives you the power of Google Analytics in an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. It’s designed to give you deeper insights into how visitors are interacting with your website.
Plus, it offers enhanced eCommerce tracking features for users operating on WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads platforms.
- Sales tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, LifterLMS, and MemberPress
- Referral and ads tracking
- Integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Instant Articles with a single click
- Track form views, submissions, and conversion rates
With a single click, you can have real-time data on the performance of your eCommerce site. You can also get more in-depth insight into customer preferences and the success of your marketing initiatives.
MonsterInsights gives you all the power of Google Analytics but with a more user-friendly interface. That means all the data you need right at your fingertips, conveniently placed in your WordPress dashboard.
Choosing the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
That wraps up our list of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins. Remember, plugins should extend the functionality of your eCommerce site.
That means making your online store run better and offer more features that appeal to your customers.
The plugins that we’ve included on our list of WordPress eCommerce plugins will do just that. But, if you’re interested in branching out, here are some things you can look for when trying to decide whether or not to add a plugin to your WordPress site.
1. User Reviews and Ratings
User reviews and ratings are one of the best places to look for information about how a plugin will work for you in real life. Plus, you’ll be able to see how, or if, the creator of the plugin responds.
You can find WordPress eCommerce plugin reviews and ratings in the sidebar of official plugin pages:
To view every review a plugin has, simply click See all to the far right of the word Ratings:
This will give you a better idea of how users have experienced the plugin.
2. Customer Support
It’s important to think about support when you’re choosing the best WordPress eCommerce plugins for your site. You don’t want to be left trying to figure things out on your own if something goes wrong.
Official WordPress plugins have support forums you can access on the plugin’s WordPress.org page:
Since some plugin creators use a different customer support systems, be sure to look at pinned posts for notifications.
3. Plugin Screenshots
WordPress eCommerce plugin screenshots show you what it’s like to work with the plugin. You’ll find screenshots on the WordPress plugin page, near the bottom:
And that’s all there is to it! Now you have everything you need to build a killer online store in WordPress using all the best WordPress eCommerce plugins.
Ready to get started with the most powerful plugin of them all? Go sign up for your risk-free OptinMonster account today!