Are you looking for the best WordPress eCommerce plugins to grow your business?
WordPress is one of the most popular website builders for eCommerce entrepreneurs. One of its many benefits includes all the powerful plugins at your disposal.
These tools can help you quickly and efficiently build your online business.
That’s why, in this article, we’re excited to share the WordPress eCommerce plugins that will help you grow and expand your online store.
Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
Best eCommerce Plugins for WordPress
To start an online store on a WordPress website, you need an eCommerce plugin. These plugins handle the actual selling of products and connect to the payment processor of your choice to collect payments for your physical or digital products. Here are the top eCommerce plugins for WordPress:
WooCommerce is a powerful WordPress eCommerce solution that just so happens to be FREE. It’s the driving force behind 30% of all online stores and offers incredible flexibility and customization.
It’s owned by Automattic, one of the most reliable and powerful companies in the WordPress ecosystem.
They’ve made it easy for anyone to create an eCommerce store in just a few minutes (and with just a few clicks!). This is true whether you’re selling digital goods or physical goods.
- Hundreds of extensions and themes, making it easy for you to add new features to your WooCommerce store, including art abandonment features, inventory management, distribution of discount codes, and much more
- Supports physical products as well as digital downloads
- Affiliate marketers can add affiliate or external products to your site, providing users a better experience
- Easily manage your inventory or even assign it to a store manager
- Built-in support for popular payment gateways (plus, you can add many other payment options using extensions)
- Automatically calculate taxes, shipping costs, and other expenses
- Excellent support including documentation, a knowledge base, help desk, and community forums
The biggest drawback of WooCommerce is its scalability. As your store gets larger, you’ll need to move to a managed hosting provider to scale your WooCommerce store.
Otherwise, this is one of the best plugins on the market and the easiest way to start your online store.
If you’re interested in WooCommerce, you may want to check out the following article: How to Create a WooCommerce Popup (+7 Ways to Boost Sales).
Why WooCommerce is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Lots of customization options
- Plenty of integrations
- Free core plugin
- Open source
- Active community of developers
WooCommerce Pricing: Core WooCommerce plugin is free and open-source. Some extensions are free while others are paid.
Alternatives: WP EasyCart, Ecwid eCommerce Shopping Cart
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) is a lightweight WordPress eCommerce plugin that comes with all the features you need to easily sell your digital products.
Other eCommerce plugins help you sell digital products from your WordPress store, but they come bundled with many features for selling physical products that you’ll likely never need.
Easy Digital Downloads gives you everything you need to sell your digital product–and nothing more.
- Easy to use, even for first-timers and new business owners
- Hundreds of extensions available for everything from payment gateways to marketing platforms
- Compatibility with almost any WordPress theme, but also has themes built specifically for the plugin
- Has excellent support with forums, videos, tutorials, and an IRC chatroom
Why Easy Digital Downloads is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Works right out of the box
- Integrates with your existing tools
- Active community of users and developers to learn from
- Educational blog content
Easy Digital Downloads Pricing: Starts at $99.50/year with a limited free version available
WP Simple Pay is the easiest way to accept one-time and recurring payments on your WordPress site with a simple buy button rather than an entire complex shopping cart system.
It’s perfect for selling single products, collecting payments for services, and accepting donations.
WP Simple Pay comes with built-in support for credit card payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, ACH debit payments, and more. It also offers multi-language and currency support.
- Simple payment collection for beginners
- Easy drag and drop payment form builder with custom fields
- Accept one-time payments or recurring payments like installment plans, subscriptions, or trial periods
- Offer discounts with coupon codes
Need a WordPress theme? Here’s a great resource for that: 22 Best Responsive eCommerce Themes and Templates (Free and Paid).
Why WP Simple Pay is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Just the right amount of customization options – not too little and not too much
- Easy for non coders to use
WP Simple Pay Pricing: Starts at $49.50/year
Best eCommerce Optimization Plugins for WordPress
Once you have an eCommerce plugin running your online storefront, you can add other plugins to optimize the buyer experience and boost your sales. We’ve got a complete guide to eCommerce optimization if you’re curious. In the meantime, here’s a quick summary of our favorite eCommerce marketing WordPress plugins.
OptinMonster is the most powerful conversion optimization and lead generation software for eCommerce stores.
What that really means is we’re the best at getting your site’s visitors to take the actions you want them to. How do we do that?
By helping you create high-converting conversion campaigns like popups, floating bars, fullscreen welcome mats, and more in a matter of minutes.
OptinMonster comes with 50+ stunning templates and a drag and drop builder, so you don’t need any coding skills or design experience.
We made everything totally user-friendly, so anyone could create awesome campaigns for their eCommerce store.
These conversion campaigns can be used to increase page views on your site, grow your email list, increase sales, and more.
Plus, OptinMonster has loads of targeting tools specifically for eCommerce:
This allows you to create 100% customizable conversion campaigns based on specific products in your eCommerce store, what items your customer has in their cart, what your customers’ cart total is, and much more.
That makes this the perfect eCommerce plugin for small businesses and larger companies alike.
All of these targeting rules empower you to quickly boost sales in your eCommerce store.
Need proof? See how Cole’s Classroom added $55,494 in sales using OptinMonster.
Want to learn more about how OptinMonster works? Check out this post, Is OptinMonster Worth It? An Extensive Review.
- Turn abandoning visitors into leads using Exit-Intent® technology
- Create special offers targeting repeat visitors based on their previous interactions with your site using onsite retargeting
- Follow up with your visitors using MonsterChains
- Create custom browser cookies based on your customers’ demographics data then show highly targeted campaigns to drive conversions
- Rely on stellar customer support at all times
OptinMonster seamlessly integrates with WordPress as well as any eCommerce platform including WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Shopify.
Why OptinMonster is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Intuitive to use
- Powerful targeting and trigger rules
- Integrations with Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, and tons of other services
- Highly responsive customer service
- Free campaign at signup
OptinMonster Pricing: Starts at $9/month
Ready to see it in action? Click below to start your 100% risk-free OptinMonster account today:
A lot of time and effort goes into optimizing eCommerce websites for SEO performance, but All in One SEO is a WordPress plugin you can count on to keep it user-friendly.
- Content and on page SEO analysis
- Snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results
- Site audit, SEO score, and optimization recommendations
- Social media integrations
- Headline analyzer
- Technical SEO features like sitemaps, robots.txt, and schema markups
Why AIOSEO is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Fast setup
- Easy to configure
- Handles basic and advanced features equally well
- Responsive support team
AIOSEO Pricing: Premium version starts at $49.50/year, free version available on WordPress.org
Alternatives: Yoast SEO
6. Schema Pro
Schema Pro is a paid SEO WordPress plugin that helps you boost your website’s SEO without having to add manual code to each page.
Schema is the data that makes it possible for search engines to read and understand your site. This is also the data that helps search engines match your site to people’s search queries.
With a user-friendly platform, Schema Pro offers 20+ types of schema. For eCommerce, Schema Pro offers product schema. This schema enriches your product listing in search engines, enticing searchers to click into your store.
Sure, adding schema takes time. But Schema Pro helps to automate a chunk out of the work to boost your SEO.
- Real-time testing validates your schema in seconds
- Compatible with Yoast
- Over 20 schema types
Why Schema Pro is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Easy to use setup wizard
- Produces results quickly
- No coding knowledge required
Schema Pro Pricing: Starts at $79/year
SeedProd is the best landing page builder for WordPress. With SeedProd, you can easily create beautiful landing pages using a visual drag and drop builder. And since everything is done on the frontend, there’s no coding required.
Using its landing page templates, you can add email optins, countdown timers, and social share buttons to your eCommerce page.
There are even custom WooCommerce blocks like add to cart, checkout, shopping cart, products grid, and more. This makes it easy to create product pages and customize the WooCommerce checkout flow.
SeedProd also handles coming soon pages, launch pages, under construction pages, and maintenance mode pages for your WordPress site.
And the best part is that SeedProd is a powerful tool for capturing leads before your WordPress site even goes live.
When you have a course or product launch coming up, you can create a Coming Soon Page that captures your audience’s email address. This lets you stay in contact with your target buyer before, during, and after your product launch.
In the end, you’re able to make more sales because you’ve got your leads ready to buy.
- Built-in email autoresponder
- WooCommerce integration
- Search engine optimized
- Social follow and share
Having a pre-launch marketing page really helps build excitement about your brand and can jumpstart your site’s SEO.
But when you add that optin form integration to start building your email list can really give your online business a big advantage. Imagine already having a mailing list of hundreds–or even thousands–of customers when you’re ready to announce your grand opening!
Even if you’re not new to the game, you can use SeedProd to create custom maintenance mode and 404 pages that will delight your visitors and get you leads.
Why SeedProd is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Grows with your business
- Looks great on mobile devices
- Fast and intuitive to use
- Plenty of templates ready to use
SeedProd Pricing: Starts at $39.50/year
TrustPulse is the best social proof notification plugin on the market. It can help you leverage the power of social proof to increase your conversions by up to 15%.
How does it work? TrustPulse will show a notification anytime someone positively interacts with your site.
So if someone makes a purchase, for example, you can have TrustPulse show a notification to your site’s visitors. This makes your brand appear more trustworthy and creates a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out).
In the end, your site’s visitors see other people benefiting from your product, and they want those same benefits.
- Smart targeting using advanced rules and timing controls to show your campaign at the right time to boost conversions
- Flexible design options to match the look and feel of your website
- Actionable analytics show you at a glance which pages deliver the highest conversions
- Works seamlessly with all popular website platforms
Ready for the best part? You can start TrustPulse totally FREE.
TrustPulse lets you use its software for 500 sessions for free. After that, the paid plans begin at just $5/month. That’s roughly the cost of your morning cup of coffee.
This makes TrustPulse easily one of the best eCommerce plugins for WordPress with little or no investment.
Head over to get your free TrustPulse account today!
Why TrustPulse is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Apps
- Accurate event tracking
- Works on all platforms
- Visible but unobtrusive social proof notification
- 14-day risk-free trial period
TrustPulse Pricing: Free up to 500 sessions. Paid plans start at $5/month
PushEngage is the best push notification software on the market. With push notifications, you can drive users back to your website by sending personalized messages right to their desktop or mobile browsers.
You can send new blog post announcements, abandoned cart reminders, new product announcements, alert customers to a price drop, and much more.
Plus, you can take advantage of powerful features like triggered notifications and dynamic segmentation to send the right notifications at exactly the right time.
And getting users to opt-in to your push notifications is easy with PushEngage. You can create custom opt-ins and trigger them to appear based on time on page, scroll percentage, or by the click of a link, button, or image.
It’s compatible with WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, and many other popular platforms.
- Custom domains and branding
- Personalization features
- A/B testing
- Goal tracking and analytics
- Offline notifications
- And more
You can try out PushEngage for free and start sending 30 campaigns/month to up to 500 subscribers.
Why PushEngage is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Apps
- Quick and easy to implement
- Highly customizable for sending personalized notifications
- Higher click-through rate than other channels
- Excellent support team
PushEngage Pricing: Free for up to 200 subscribers. Paid plans start at $9/month.
Cart Recovery for WordPress is a free plugin that works with WooCommerce, WP eCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Restrict Content Pro right out of the box.
You can use this plugin to easily track abandoned carts, view stats in your WordPress dashboard, and configure automatic recovery email sending. Plus, it integrates with WordPress’ GDPR compliance tools for data access and data removal requests.
- Captures customers name, and email address as soon as they’re entered at checkout
- Capture and engage new customers who never reach checkout with “Save to Cart”
- Trigger abandoned cart email campaigns automatically
- Track in-progress carts, abandoned carts, and recovered carts easily within your WordPress dashboard
Cart Recovery for WordPress is one of your best options for reducing shopping cart abandonment with your online store.
Why Cart Recovery is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Responsive and helpful support from developer
Cart Recovery Pricing: Free. Pro upgrade starts at $39/year.
One of the best ways to create a great user experience is to ask users what they want and expect from your brand or site. And WPForms is the best way to get that valuable feedback from your site’s visitors.
- Create a form in just a few minutes without writing any code using the drag and drop builder
- Smart survey fields: Likert scale, ratings, multiple-choice
- Create polls and display real-time results on your site
- Real-time insights offer beautiful reports with the best visualization
- Integrations for PayPal and Stripe
- Authorize.net addon now available
On top of all that, WPForms includes multi-page forms, email integration, conditional logic, and tons of other features, plus addons to extend its functionality even more.
There’s a free plan available, though pricing for paid plans starts at only $39.50/year.
Why WPForms is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Beautiful design
- Easy to use
- Powerful workflows
- Lots of templates to get started
WPForms Pricing: Free. Paid upgrades available starting at $39.50/year
12. Wholesale Suite
Wholesale Suite is a suite of three plugins that make it easy to add wholesale features to your eCommerce site.
If you run your store with WooCommerce, there’s no option to add wholesale pricing in the same product listing. You would need to duplicate your product pages and create separate prices. This can lead to a confusing and poor shopping experience for visitors.
But, with Wholesale Suite, you can easily add wholesale pricing to your product pages for bulk buyers, while continuing to display regular prices for retail customers.
This plugin also lets you create responsive wholesale order forms and automate the recruiting and registration process for wholesale customers.
- Tons of wholesale pricing options
- Set minimum purchase amounts
- Control shipping and tax separately from retail customers
- Manage product visibility by user role
- And much more
Why Wholesale Suite is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Practical and efficient
- Simple setup
- Flexible product
- Great support
Wholesale Suite Pricing: Starts at $148.50
SearchWP significantly improves the WordPress search function. With this WordPress eCommerce plugin, you can customize your search to include pretty much every bit of content on your site.
This includes eCommerce product details, categories, tags, custom fields, document content, and much more.
This search feature can help your customers find the products they’re looking for and greatly improve your user experience (UX).
- Easily control your WordPress search algorithm
- Show better search results by using keyword stems instead of exact search terms
- Detailed search metrics to see what visitors are searching for
- Integrates with popular plugins like WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, bbPress, and more
Visitors will bounce from your site if they can’t quickly find what they need. The increased search functionality offered by SearchWP gives you the chance to improve user experience and reduce bounce rates.
Why SearchWP is One of the Best WordPress eCommerce Plugins
- Great way to upgrade your user experience
- Turns search into what it should be
- Makes eCommerce metadata searchable
SearchWP Pricing: Starts at $99/year
MonsterInsights gives you the power of Google Analytics in an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. It’s designed to give you deeper insights into how visitors are interacting with your website.
Plus, it offers enhanced eCommerce tracking features for users operating on WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads platforms.
- Sales tracking for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, LifterLMS, and MemberPress
- Referral and ads tracking
- Integrate Google Analytics and Facebook Instant Articles with a single click
- Track form views, submissions, and conversion rates
With a single click, you can have real-time data on the performance of your eCommerce site. You can also get more in-depth insight into customer preferences and the success of your marketing initiatives.
MonsterInsights gives you all the power of Google Analytics but with a more user-friendly interface. That means all the data you need right at your fingertips, conveniently placed in your WordPress dashboard.
- Easy to insert tracking code
- Can keep same tracking plugin when switching themes or designs
- Simple yet powerful
MonsterInsights Pricing: Starts at $99.50/year
Ready to get started with the most powerful plugin of them all? Click below to gets started!
We hope you found this post helpful. At OptinMonster, we have tons of resources for eCommerce stores to help you achieve long-term success. We’ve picked 3 super helpful posts for you:
- 5 Ways to Boost eCommerce Conversions With Downselling
- 13 Simple eCommerce Email Marketing Ideas to Skyrocket Your List
- 7 eCommerce Business Challenges + Easy Ways to Solve Them
These posts will help you find new and improved ways and tools to grow your business. The last post in that list will help you face eCommerce challenges head-on and take your business to new heights.