Are you looking for the best online giveaway tools to increase followers, boost traffic, and generate more leads?
Running online contests and giveaways can be one of your company’s best marketing assets. If you select the right prize, an online giveaway is a great way of attracting qualified leads to your site.
The only problem? Hosting an online contest can be difficult to manage and become more trouble than it’s worth.
But if you have the right giveaway app, tool, or plugin, things become infinitely easier.
That’s why, today, we’re going to look at the best giveaway tools you can start using right now. First, though, let’s get clear on why you should use giveaway tools to boost engagement.
Why Use Online Giveaway Tools on Your Site
There are tons of benefits to using online giveaway tools on your site. Here are just a few:
- Increase Website Traffic. Online giveaways and contests are easy ways to increase traffic to your website through referrals and social shares.
- Grow Your Email List. Require users to sign up for your email newsletter to get contest entries.
- Boost Your Social Media Followers. Online giveaways and contests can quickly boost your social media followers when you offer additional entries to your giveaway in exchange for follows.
- Generate Targeted Leads. Viral online giveaways will increase brand awareness and bring more people in contact with your business.
Still not sure that giveaways are effective? Check out this post on how KnivesShipFree.com increased revenue by more than $10,000 using giveaways.
Now, let’s turn our attention to the best online giveaway plugins, tools, and apps for your site.
Best Online Giveaway Tools and WordPress Giveaway Plugins
Here are the best online giveaway tools we’ve found to grow your traffic, followers, and sales!
New to the WordPress market, RafflePress is already a BIG hit.
RafflePress is a WordPress contest and giveaway plugin designed to simplify the process of creating and managing online giveaways and contests on your website. To do that, it includes gorgeous pre-built templates and a drag and drop builder so you can have your online giveaway up and running in minutes.
Just wait, it gets even better…
RafflePress offers a FREE version of its plugin that you can use to create a killer online giveaway without paying a dime!
Free RafflePress Features:
- Drag and drop builder with access to all the tools you need to create a successful online giveaway
- 100% responsive so your online giveaways and contests will look great everywhere
- Fraud protection to eliminate the cheaters and keep your giveaway honest
- Rule generator template to make it extremely easy to create contest entry rules
- Lightning-fast operation from highly-optimized giveaway widgets to help with site speed, SEO, and conversion rates
- Automated start and end times
- A free template to create simple giveaways
- Basic entry methods including Facebook page clicks, Twitter follows, visit a specific web page, and more
Pro RafflePress Key Features:
- Email marketing and CRM integrations to easily connect your email list and get more email subscribers
- Image submission entries (great for getting user-generated content)
- Polls and surveys tool
- Custom design options and backgrounds
- Landing pages for your online giveaway competition
- Goal-based giveaway templates
- Viral sharing features (refer-a-friend) to generate even more traffic by rewarding users with bonus entries for referring friends to your giveaway or sharing it on their social media
- Verified bonus actions let users earn more entries by following you on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and more (plus, “verified” means that you can rest easy that these are real entries)
RafflePress is the best online giveaway plugin for WordPress, free or paid. By getting website visitors to bring in more website visitors, they get more chances to win and you get more leads. Everyone’s a winner!
For more information, check out this helpful review of RafflePress.
You probably know OptinMonster as the best lead generation tool on the market. So what does that have to do with running an online contest?
OptinMonster is one of the best ways to share your contest with your site’s visitors and increase registration.
This is important because running a successful online contest has 2 components:
- Creating an organized system to allow people to join and win prizes
- Getting people to actually enter the contest
That second part is harder than you might think, and it’s often why so many giveaways don’t work.
But with OptinMonster, you can quickly and easily boost engagement with your contest. You can do this by showing targeted campaigns like popups, floating bars, slide-in scroll boxes, and more to let your users know about any contests you’re running:
Plus, building these campaigns is easy and doesn’t require any coding skills.
In fact, with over 50 pre-built templates and our drag and drop editor, you can build professional campaigns in minutes.
You can also use our inline text editor to personalize the messaging to your audience and target people who would be most interested in your contest’s prize:
Finally, you’ll be able to target your campaigns to the right people, in the right places, and at just the right time in their customer journey.
This ensures that you’ll only get the most quality leads joining your contest. Some popular ways targeting rules OptinMonster customers have used include:
- Exit-Intent® Technology: Target users as they’re actively leaving your website.
- Onsite Retargeting®: Retarget returning users with new campaigns based on how they’ve interacted with the ones they’ve seen.
- Page-Level Targeting: Display campaigns on specific URLs of your website.
- Geo-Targeting: Show campaigns to users who come from specific regions.
But you may be wondering, do these targeting rules really help boost conversions? Check out a few of these success stories that our customers have shared based on their results:
- Crossrope EXPLODES Its Mailing List by 900%
- Adam Enfroy Gains Over 11,000 Subscribers in One Year
- Shotkit Attracts 40+ New Leads Every Day
Ready to try it for yourself? Click below and use OptinMonster to boost engagement with your online giveaway today:
ShortStack is a popular online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin that makes it easy to create a giveaway campaign in minutes. Plus, no coding!
- Drag and drop builder including 20+ widgets like form, poll, newsletter, social media, gallery and voting
- Customize colors, fonts, boxes, size, text and every other element in your campaign
- Email notifications let you contact your campaign participants as soon as they enter a competition, after a number of days, or at a scheduled date and time
- Leads are saved in a searchable, exportable database
- Limit entries and verify entry authenticity to reduce cheating
- Random Entry Selector lets you choose a contest winner on social networks
- Get user-generated content from photo contests, including hashtag contests
- Built-in analytics data lets you see how your campaigns are performing, in real-time
Free plan available; premium plans start at $29/month.
Woorise lets you create an online giveaway for free, and has a WordPress giveaway plugin. However, if you want all the best features of Woorise you’ll need to signup for one of the paid plans.
- Campaigns and Woorise App interface are fully mobile-friendly
- Drag and drop builder includes social widgets for your Facebook page, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, and more
- Customize your online contest colors from a variety of options, show or hide elements, and use your own images
- Multi-language support
- Geotargeting lets you create campaigns targeted to users based on their location
- Conditional logic so you can show or hide form fields, entire sections, social actions, or send email notifications
- Tracking data is easy to understand
- Choose random winners with a single click
- Fraud detection tools keep your contest fair
Free plan available; paid Grow plan starts at $55/month.
If you’re in the market for a complete social media management tool, Agorapulse may be exactly what you need. We included it here for the free Facebook Timeline Contest app that they have available for the software.
- Randomly pick sweepstakes winners from the people who’ve liked or commented on a post
- Pick winners from people who commented with the correct answer for a quiz question
- Get great user-generated content by asking people to comment with photo submissions, then pick winners from the submissions with the most likes
Pricing starts at $89/month when billed annually.
Wishpond is a marketing platform that includes options for social media contests and competitions. However, if you already have your marketing needs covered (by an awesome tool like OptinMonster, perhaps?) this option is going to have tools that you don’t need.
- Simple interface
- 10 social media contests including Instagram hashtag contests, photo caption contests, video contests, and more
- 300+ integrations so you can connect email, analytics, sales, and payments
Pricing starts at $49/month when billed annually.
Gleam is the most expensive of the online giveaway tools we’re covering, but its Competitions app makes it really easy to create and manage contests. However, it does not have a WordPress giveaway plugin.
- Verified Actions reduce the number of steps it takes to enter contests and checks the entries to make sure they’ve gone through
- Reach more potential entrants by letting users refer their friends
- Responsive down to 320px to support a mobile-friendly experience
- Google Analytics integration
- Pick winners randomly or award manual entries
- Multi-language support
Free plan available; paid plans start at $10/month (billed annually) for a pretty limited Hobby plan; business plans start at $149/month.
Woobox is a free online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin that you can use to set up a contest on your WordPress site quickly and easily. It uses shortcodes that make embedding on WordPress a breeze.
- Customizable templates to get you started
- Choose winners randomly, easily approve submissions for your photo contests, and push media submissions to your galleries
- Integrate your campaigns with Zapier, Mailchimp, and more than 500 other tools
- Collect entries from hashtags, likes, or comments on social media platforms
- Use landing pages to drive traffic from emails, social media posts, and ads to a dedicated contest page
Free plan available; paid plans start at $32/month when billed annually.
KingSumo is a WordPress giveaway plugin created by AppSumo. You can use it to grow your email list through online contests.
- Set up your giveaway on your WordPress site in just a few clicks
- Schedule start and end dates
- Easy image uploads to show off pictures of the prize next to its description
Free option available; paid plans start at $99 (one-time) for the web app and $198 (one-time) for the WordPress plugin.
If you’re looking for a way to easily create and manage online giveaways across all social networks, Easypromos might be for you.
- Create complex giveaways combining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create giveaways with collaborators like influencers, sponsors, and brands
- 100% responsive and mobile-friendly
- Can be added to WordPress with a widget
Create 1 free online giveaway; paid plans start around $25/month.
You probably know of MonsterInsights as the best Google Analytics plugin on the market. So what’s it doing on a list of giveaway apps, tools, and plugins?
Because you should use the data on your site to optimize how you promote, manage, and run your online contest.
MonsterInsights is the best way to gain relevant data from your users, such as:
- Where most users are coming from which is especially important if you’re shipping prizes
- Which devices they use so you can make sure your campaigns are mobile-friendly
- What type of content they like so you can create a more efficient promotion strategy
Plus, all that relevant data can be found directly in your WordPress dashboard in an easy-to-read report. That way, you don’t need to check-in with Google Analytics and sift through pages of data to find what you need.
At the end of the day, setting up an online contest is only the first half of the campaign’s success. The other half includes creating a promotional plan that will get your target audience to sign up.
For that, there’s no substitute for the data provided by MonsterInsights.
What Is the Best Online Giveaway Tool and WordPress Giveaway Plugin?
Our pick for the best online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin is RafflePress. Not only is RafflePress super easy to use, but it’s dedicated entirely to giveaways, so the pricing and features are exactly where you need it to be.
The free version has everything you need to create a successful giveaway, but the paid versions start at only $49 for an entire year.
And that’s it! These have been the best online giveaway tools that you can start using to get more engagement with your contest today.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also want to check out the following:
- RafflePress Review: Is This Plugin Any Good?
- How to Run an Online Contest or Giveaway
- 22 Stunning Sales Promotion Examples to Win More Customers
These articles will have everything you need to run more effective contests that bring you tons of new qualified leads.