Organizing a giveaway is a great way to skyrocket your online growth, and there are even free tools to help you. In this article, we share our picks for the best online giveaway tools and WordPress giveaway plugins that make it easy to grow traffic and social media followers—and your bottom line!
Want a quick solution running a giveaway or contest on your website? Then you need to use a powerful contest plugin on your site. By organizing contests and giveaways on your site, you can grow your website traffic, email subscribers, and social media followers.
Putting together an online contest is easy when you have the right tools. With any of the tools on this list, you can create an eye-catching viral giveaway that’s sure to capture attention from your users and get them pumped to refer all of their friends.
Why Use Online Giveaway Tools on Your Site
There are tons of benefits to using online giveaway tools on your site. Here are just a few:
- Increase Website Traffic. Online giveaways and contests are easy ways to increase traffic to your website through referrals and social shares.
- Grow Your Email List. Require users to sign up for your email newsletter to get contest entries.
- Boost Your Social Media Followers. Online giveaways and contests can quickly boost your social media followers when you offer additional entries to your giveaway in exchange for follows.
- Generate Targeted Leads. Viral online giveaways will increase brand awareness and bring more people in contact with your business.
Case Study: See how KnivesShipFree.com increased revenue by more than $10,000 using giveaways.
Best Online Giveaway Tools and WordPress Giveaway Plugins
Here are the best online giveaway tools we’ve found to grow your traffic, followers, and sales!
New to the WordPress market, RafflePress is already a BIG hit.
RafflePress is a WordPress contest and giveaway plugin designed to simplify the process of creating and managing online giveaways and contests on your website. To do that, it includes gorgeous pre-built templates and a drag and drop builder so you can have your online giveaway up and running in minutes.
Just wait, it gets even better…
RafflePress offers a FREE version of its plugin that you can use to create a killer online giveaway without paying a dime!
Free RafflePress Features:
- Drag and drop builder with access to all the tools you need to create a successful online giveaway
- 100% responsive so your online giveaways and contests will look great everywhere
- Fraud protection to eliminate the cheaters and keep your giveaway honest
- Rule generator template to make it extremely easy to create contest entry rules
- Lightning-fast operation from highly-optimized giveaway widgets to help with site speed, SEO, and conversion rates
- Automated start and end times
- A free template to create simple giveaways
- Basic entry methods including Facebook page clicks, Twitter follows, visit a specific web page, and more
Pro RafflePress Key Features:
- Email marketing and CRM integrations to easily connect your email list and get more email subscribers
- Custom design options and backgrounds
- Landing pages for your online giveaway competition
- Goal-based giveaway templates
- Viral sharing features (refer-a-friend) to generate even more traffic by rewarding users with bonus entries for referring friends to your giveaway or sharing it on their social media
- Verified bonus actions let users earn more entries by following you on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and more (plus, “verified” means that you can rest easy that these are real entries)
RafflePress is the best online giveaway plugin for WordPress—free or paid. By getting website visitors to bring in more website visitors, they get more chances to win and you get more leads. Everyone’s a winner!
ShortStack is a popular online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin that makes it easy to create a giveaway campaign in minutes. Plus, no coding!
- Drag and drop builder including 20+ widgets like form, poll, newsletter, social media, gallery and voting
- Customize colors, fonts, boxes, size, text and every other element in your campaign
- Email notifications let you contact your campaign participants as soon as they enter a competition, after a number of days, or at a scheduled date and time
- Leads are saved in a searchable, exportable database
- Limit entries and verify entry authenticity to reduce cheating
- Random Entry Selector lets you choose a contest winner on social networks
- Get user-generated content from photo contests, including hashtag contests
- Built-in analytics data lets you see how your campaigns are performing, in real-time
Free plan available; premium plans start at $29/month
Woorise lets you create an online giveaway for free, and has a WordPress giveaway plugin. However, if you want all the best features of Woorise you’ll need to signup for one of the paid plans.
- Campaigns and Woorise App interface are fully mobile-friendly
- Drag and drop builder includes social widgets for your Facebook page, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, and more
- Customize your online contest colors from a variety of options, show or hide elements, and use your own images
- Multi-language support
- Geotargeting lets you create campaigns targeted to users based on their location
- Conditional logic so you can show or hide form fields, entire sections, social actions, or send email notifications
- Tracking data is easy to understand
- Choose random winners with a single click
- Fraud detection tools keep your contest fair
Free plan available; paid Grow plan starts at $55/month
If you’re in the market for a complete social media management tool, Agorapulse may be exactly what you need. We included it here for the free Facebook Timeline Contest app that they have available for the software.
- Randomly pick sweepstakes winners from the people who’ve liked or commented on a post
- Pick winners from people who commented with the correct answer for a quiz question
- Get great user-generated content by asking people to comment with photo submissions, then pick winners from the submissions with the most likes
Pricing starts at $89/month when billed annually
Wishpond is a marketing platform that includes options for social media contests and competitions. However, if you already have your marketing needs covered (by an awesome tool like OptinMonster, perhaps?) this option is going to have tools that you don’t need.
- Simple interface
- 10 social media contests including Instagram hashtag contests, photo caption contests, video contests, and more
- 300+ integrations so you can connect email, analytics, sales, and payments
Pricing starts at $49/month when billed annually
Gleam is the most expensive of the online giveaway tools we’re covering, but its Competitions app makes it really easy to create and manage contests. However, it does not have a WordPress giveaway plugin.
- Verified Actions reduce the number of steps it takes to enter contests and checks the entries to make sure they’ve gone through
- Reach more potential entrants by letting users refer their friends
- Responsive down to 320px to support a mobile-friendly experience
- Google Analytics integration
- Pick winners randomly or award manual entries
- Multi-language support
Free plan available; paid plans start at $10/month (billed annually) for a pretty limited Hobby plan; business plans start at $149/month.
Woobox is a free online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin that you can use to set up a contest on your WordPress site quickly and easily. It uses shortcodes that make embedding on WordPress a breeze.
- Customizable templates to get you started
- Choose winners randomly, easily approve submissions for your photo contests, and push media submissions to your galleries
- Integrate your campaigns with Zapier, Mailchimp, and more than 500 other tools
- Collect entries from hashtags, likes, or comments on social media platforms
- Use landing pages to drive traffic from emails, social media posts, and ads to a dedicated contest page
Free plan available; paid plans start at $32/month when billed annually
KingSumo is a WordPress giveaway plugin created by AppSumo. You can use it to grow your email list through online contests.
- Set up your giveaway on your WordPress site in just a few clicks
- Schedule start and end dates
- Easy image uploads to show off pictures of the prize next to its description
Free option available; paid plans start at $99 (one-time) for the web app and $198 (one-time) for the WordPress plugin
If you’re looking for a way to easily create and manage online giveaways across all social networks, Easypromos might be for you.
- Create complex giveaways combining Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create giveaways with collaborators like influencers, sponsors, and brands
- 100% responsive and mobile-friendly
- Can be added to WordPress with a widget
Create 1 free online giveaway; paid plans start around $25/month
What Is the Best Online Giveaway Tool and WordPress Giveaway Plugin?
Our pick for the best online giveaway tool and WordPress giveaway plugin is RafflePress. Not only is RafflePress super easy to use, but it’s dedicated entirely to giveaways, so the pricing and features are exactly where you need it to be.
The free version has everything you need to create a successful giveaway, but the paid versions start at only $49 for an entire year.
Once you have RafflePress, be sure to check out How to Run an Online Contest or Giveaway where we walk you, step-by-step, through setting up your own online contest with RafflePress.