Are you looking for the best VoIP business phone systems to more easily manage communication with your customers?
VoIP is a cost-effective call management solution that makes it perfect for most businesses. And unlike a traditional landline, VoIP is internet-based and comes with a full package of unified communications at no additional cost.
But with all the phone services out there to choose from, it can be tough to find the phone system that fits your specific needs.
That’s why we’re about to share the best business phone systems to fit any budget.
Before we dive in, though, let’s explain what VoIP is and why you should invest in a VoIP business phone system.
What is VoIP?
VoIP (Voice-over-Internet Protocol) is a technology that lets you make and receive phone calls using your internet connection. It converts the sound of your voice into a digital signal and sends it over the internet.
So, instead of needing to stay by your analog desk phone to receive customer calls or contact a client, you can make business calls from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
Why You Need a VoIP Business Phone System
VoIP services are the first choice for many small businesses, startups, and entrepreneurs because they can cost less than traditional phone services.
Instead of investing in copper-wire landlines, if your office is already wired for Ethernet, you can connect to a telephone network quickly and more cost-effectively.
Additionally, they include features that go far beyond making and receiving calls.
These features include things like voicemail, call forwarding, call recording, video calls, conferencing, and more.
Here are some of the reasons you might want to go with a VoIP business phone system over a traditional one:
- Share a single number with multiple users at the same time
- Use a computer, landline, or mobile phone to make and receive calls
- Track call duration, hold times, wait times, and other valuable metrics
- Use call routing to direct inbound calls to the right person
- Make outbound calls via cell phone, handset, cordless phone, or whatever device you prefer
When you’re running a business, you need the tools that can support you. VoIP business phone systems have the tools you need to build better relationships with your customers and provide fast, reliable, professional service.
As long as you have reliable, high-speed internet, then a VoIP phone system is a great solution for all businesses.
Now that you know why a VoIP phone system is good for your business, let’s look at what to look for in a business phone system.
How to Choose a VoIP Business Phone System
Choosing the best VoIP business phone solution for your business needs is important.
And with so many business VoIP phone systems on the market, it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you.
If you’re a startup or small business, you might be tempted to go with the cheapest option available. But, you need to look carefully at small business VoIP solutions to make sure they have the features you need.
To help you make the right decision, here’s what to look for in a business phone system:
- Features: Includes the features your business needs such as texting, faxing, auto-attendant, etc.
- Local vs. International Calls: Ability to choose plans for domestic or international calls based on the geographical location of your customers.
- Mobile App: Fully-functioning mobile app to make and receive calls on-the-go.
- Third-Party Integrations: Connect your VoIP service to other tools like CRMs, email marketing services, and more.
- Support: Access to 24/7 customer support to ensure your phone system is running smoothly.
So now, let’s turn our attention to our list of the best business phone systems.
Best VoIP Business Phone Systems
Before we get started, we wanted to mention a practical way you can get the most from your VoIP business phone system using OptinMonster:
OptinMonster is the world’s #1 lead generation tool that lets you build stunning optin campaigns like popups, floating bars, fullscreen campaigns, and more.
And with its drag and drop builder, you can create these campaigns in a matter of minutes, even if you have zero coding skills or technical knowledge.
But you may be wondering how you can use it with your VoIP phone service. That’s easy: by making a “Click to Call” button like this:
With OptinMonster, you can show targeted campaigns to engage your customers and get them to call your business.
Plus, doing so is easy! For more information on how this works, check out this helpful resource: How to Create a Click to Call Button With OptinMonster.
Now let’s dive into our list of the best VoIP business phone systems available.
Nextiva is the best business VoIP system available and offers an easy-to-use, powerful small business phone system. Moreover, you don’t need an annual contract, and Nextiva is quick to setup.
This VoIP provider comes with a ton of super cool features like unlimited calling, auto attendant, advanced call management, voicemail to email and text, and more. Also, you’ll get a toll-free number free with any of their plans.
It has a simple web-based admin panel that makes it easy to manage your business communications platform, no matter your business needs. Nextiva offers other calling features like CRM tools, live chat, online surveys, and more.
Nextiva’s customer support also gets rave reviews.
- Quick setup
- Uses industry-standard SIP protocol
- Unlimited calling to the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- Bring your current phone numbers (number portability)
- Route calls to the next available representative with call queuing
- Instant conference calls and Meet-Me conferencing
- Nextiva app lets you manage calls from your mobile device
- Advanced IVR (Interactive Voice Response) with speech commands and biometrics
- Reliable data centers with 99.999% uptime
- Fast and knowledgeable support team
Nextiva Is Best For:
Small to mid-level businesses, startups, and entrepreneurs.
Pricing starts at $20/month per user for the Basic plan.
RingCentral is a reliable, secure, and hassle-free IP phone service. It’s easy to set up and comes with useful features like call forwarding, call monitoring, video and audio conferencing, automatic call recording, screen sharing, and faxing.
RingCentral also offers features to support call centers. You can set up multiple phone lines with their call center software. You can contact your customers via your office phone system, text messaging, email, or social.
This VoIP solution integrates with 3rd-party services like Zapier, Salesforce, Office 365, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more. It also has a simple cloud-based portal that makes administration easy.
RingCentral offers customer support via their online knowledge center, plus they offer phone support.
- Simple and easy setup
- Unlimited calls within the United States and Canada
- Choose a toll-free or local business phone number
- Unlimited audio and video conferencing
- Voicemail-to-text service
- Automatic call recording
RingCentral Is Best For:
Small to large-scale businesses.
Pricing starts at $19.99/month per user (billed annually).
Grasshopper is a popular business phone system for small business owners. It comes with all the essential features you need like call transfers, incoming call control, simultaneous call handling, custom greetings, voicemail, and more.
You can use Grasshopper’s mobile or desktop apps for outgoing calls, and there’s no restriction on the number of minutes you can use. Both the web-based portal and app-based portal are easy to use to manage your telephone system.
- Desktop and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Voicemail transcription service
- Auto-attendant with custom greetings
- Business texting service
- Call transfer service
Grasshopper Is Best For:
Startups and small businesses looking for a robust VoIP solution.
Pricing starts at $26/month per number (billed annually).
Phone.com is an affordable VoIP option that offers call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, caller ID, call queuing, text messaging, and more. Plus, you can choose at least 1 local or toll-free number with all plans.
If you’re interested in analytics, you won’t be disappointed with Phone.com. It includes caller analytics that shows your callers’ demographics, social profiles, and more. Additionally, it offers simple and app-based administration to make management a breeze.
While Phone.com’s base plan is one of the least expensive, you’ll also be paying additional fees for the more advanced features.
- Choice of virtual or toll-free numbers
- Number portability, including bulk number porting
- HIPAA compliance
- Voice tagging tells you which department the caller wants
- Call recording
- Video conferencing
- Local call minutes include Canada and several European countries
- Support for various devices including mobile phones
- Softphone support (no need to buy new phones or dedicated hardware)
Phone.com Is Best For:
Small to large businesses that want a low-cost VoIP service.
Pricing starts at $9.99/month (when billed annually).
Vonage is a plug-and-play VoIP service that offers unlimited calling and SMS text messages in the United States and Canada. Moreover, in addition to the standard VoIP features like voicemail to email, call screening, call forwarding, etc., you also get access to Amazon Chime.
Unlike most providers on this list, Vonage offers toll-free numbers as an addon, meaning you have to pay more for it. However, Vonage does offer a ridiculously robust suite of features to choose from, so you can create the business phone system that’s perfect for you.
- 99.999% uptime reliability
- Includes Amazon Chime Pro tier for chat, screen share, video, and web conferencing
- Mobile and desktop apps
- SD-WAN technology available
- Call and paging groups
- Custom caller ID
Vonage Is Best For:
Because of its scalability, Vonage works for small to enterprise-level businesses.
Pricing starts at $19.99/month per line.
8×8 is a popular and inexpensive business phone service. It includes all the standard features like number sharing, automatic call attendance, call forwarding, chat, SMS, and more. However, 8×8 does lack some of the advanced features offered by other VoIP providers on our list.
- Unlimited calling within the United States and Canada (up to 47 countries with certain plans)
- Cross-platform team messaging
- Native CRM and knowledgebase
- Analytics and call quality reporting
8×8 Is Best For:
Budget-conscious small businesses that still want international calling. However, they do also have Enterprise plans.
Pricing starts at $12/month per user.
Skype has the highest name recognition of any other phone system on our list. It’s powered by Microsoft, which means that it integrates with all of the other Microsoft apps. Additionally, Skype for Business also lets you hold online meetings with up to 250 people (that you can record), share your screen, send messages, and more.
- Audio and HD video calling
- Call recording with live subtitles
- Smart messaging
- Real-time translation of voice calls, video calls, and messages
- Search within a conversation
Skype Is Best For:
Small businesses who are seeking a familiar phone system and don’t need advanced features.
Skype comes with Office 365; pricing starts at $8.25/month per user (with an annual commitment).
Voiceshot is a VoIP provider that offers an auto-attendant in addition to other phone system features like call transfer, caller ID, call forwarding, hold music, and a lot more. It also includes speech recognition that lets callers speak their menu choices.
- Callers can speak their choices (speech recognition)
- Choose local or toll-free numbers
- Unlimited menus
Voiceshot Is Best For:
Startups and small businesses.
Pricing starts at $12/month for 400 minutes.
9. Google Voice
Google Voice is an easy-to-setup and scalable VoIP business phone system. It also includes free calling within the United States and Canada and free calling to the United States from any country.
In addition, Google Voice offers voicemail transcription, Google Calendar integration, Hangouts Meet integration, call forwarding, and usage and activity reporting.
Google Voice Features:
- Free calling to the United States from any country
- Free calling within the United States and Canada
- Unlimited SMS in the United States
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android) and web app
- Multi-level auto attendant
Google Voice Is Best For:
Freelancers and entrepreneurs and those wanting a free, no-frills solution.
Google Voice Pricing:
Prices start at $10/month per user.
CallHippo is one of the most popular virtual phone systems around and helps you make high-quality calls. It includes standard features like call queuing, call transfer, conference calling, call forwarding, and more.
This business phone system has a simple web-based administration that makes it easy to manage calls, create new users, and a lot more. You can also integrate CallHippo with services you already use, such as Slack, Zoho CRM, Zapier, Zendesk, and more to extend functionality.
- Create different departments
- Call barging lets supervisors to take over a call when needed
- Local phone numbers available in 58+ countries
- Hold music
CallHippo Is Best For:
Small businesses that are expanding.
Pricing starts at $8/month per user (when billed annually). Additionally, there’s also a free plan that could work for freelancers and entrepreneurs, but you’ll still be paying $6/month for your virtual number.
Which Is the Best VoIP Business Phone System?
After researching the best business phone systems and VoIP providers, we’re confident that Nextiva is the best overall pick. It offers awesome features and doesn’t require annual contracts.
Plus, it’s more affordable than most of its high-end competitors.
And that’s it! These have been the best VoIP business phone systems that you can choose from. We hope you found this post helpful.
If you did, you might want to check out the following resources:
- How to Collect Phone Numbers on Your Website Using Popups
- 11 Ways to Get More Phone Calls from Your Website
These articles will have even more information on how you can use your new VoIP business phone system to grow your business, increase conversions, and drive more sales.