Are you looking for the best business phone service to manage communications? Consider a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) setup for your business.
VoIP is a cost-effective call management solution ideal for most businesses.
But with all the providers out there to choose from, it can be tough to find the best business VoIP. We’re here to help!
Here’s a handy table of contents if you want to get right into the top business phone systems:
- Ooma Office
- Microsoft Teams VoIP
- Google Voice
Before we dive in, let’s explain what VoIP is and why you should invest in the best business VoIP for your company.
What Is a VoIP Business Phone System?
VoIP (Voice-over-Internet Protocol) lets you communicate via phone and messaging using the internet. These systems have unified communications, such as phone, chat, and file sharing.
Even with all these functions, VoIP services can cost less than traditional phones.
Why You Need a VoIP Business Phone Service
The best business VoIP phone systems let you offer a professional customer experience. They go much further than landlines as they’re attached to the internet.
Great VoIP systems let you:
- Share a single number with many users
- Use a computer, landline, or mobile phone for calls
- Track call duration, hold times, wait times, and other metrics
- Make outbound calls via whatever device you prefer
- Have an auto attendant
Here’s what to look for in a business phone service.
How to Choose the Best VoIP Phone Service
Choosing the best VoIP business system for your needs is important. Business phone services help streamline communications inside the office and with customers. But, there’s no one-size-fits-all version.
To help you make the right decision, here’s what to look for in a business VoIP:
- Features: Includes the features your business needs
- Local versus International Calls: Ability to choose plans for domestic or international calls
- Mobile App: Fully-functioning mobile app to make and receive calls on the go
- Third-Party Integrations: Connects with other tools like CRMs, email marketing services, and more
- Support: Access to 24/7 customer support
Here’s our list of the best business phone services.
Note: Features listed may not be available at all subscription levels. Providers may also have more options not included here. Check each site for all the details.
Best Business VoIP Phone Systems
Now let’s dive into our list of the best VoIP business phone systems available.
Nextiva is the #1 rated business phone service. It offers an easy-to-use, powerful VoIP system. Moreover, you don’t need an annual contract, and Nextiva is quick to set up.
It has a simple web-based admin panel to manage your business communications platform. Nextiva also has CRM tools, live chat, online surveys, and more.
- Call analytics, forwarding, recording, and routing
- Caller queue
- Easy transfers to unique extensions
- HD voice calls cut background noise if using headphones
- Option to add a toll-free number or keep your number
- Video conferencing
- Visible, thorough details about callers (screen pop)
- Voicemail to text
Starts at $11.95 per month per user
RingCentral is another contender for best business VoIP. They provide an onboarding specialist to help you set up your VoIP in minutes.
Whether you have 10 employees or over 1,000, RingCentral has plans for your needs. This gives small businesses bandwidth to create robust contact centers that improve UX.
This VoIP solution integrates with Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Canvas, and more. It also has a cloud-based portal for simple administration.
- Call management and phone system administration
- Device status alerts and reports
- Document sharing
- HD video and voice
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Multi-site admin and management
- Real-time analytics
- Team messaging
- Unlimited storage
- Voicemail to email or text
Starts at $19.99 per month per user
3. Ooma Office
Ooma provides all the tools you need to run your business, including video conferencing, advanced call blocking, a virtual receptionist, and more.
The setup couldn’t be easier and lets you connect with your team and clients from all devices.
- Desktop App/Softphone
- Extension-to-extension dialing
- Forward calls during device outages
- Multi-device ring
- Multi Extension Dialing
- Smartphone app
- Video Conferencing
- Virtual extensions
- Voicemail with audio email attachments
Starts at $19.95 per month per user
Grasshopper is a great VoIP for small businesses because it uses your existing phone, giving it both a business and personal line.
This program comes with call transfers, incoming call control, custom greetings, and more.
You can use Grasshopper’s mobile or desktop apps for outgoing calls. The web-based and app-based portals are easy to use to manage your telephone system.
- 24/7 support
- Call and text
- Desktop, Android, and iOS compatible
- Vanity phone number available
- Virtual phone system with greetings, extensions, etc.
- Works with your current phone
Starts at $26 per month per number
GoToConnect refers to itself as a “customizable cloud phone system.” Few talk about customizability, which is why this is one of the best business VoIP platforms.
They offer a phone tree directory for your company and can send these calls to any device the user prefers.
GoToConnect provides real-time analytics and supervisor access. This gives your team the flexibility you need to serve customers better.
- Agent Effectiveness Reporting
- Hot Desking
- International Calling
- Listen, Whisper, & Barge
- Real-Time Analytics
- Smart Call Routing
- Supervisor Dashboard
- Team Messaging
- Unlimited Extensions
- Voicemail to Email
Starts at $22 per month per user
Phone.com is on our best business phone service list for many reasons, the biggest being the flexibility to mix and match plans according to individual employee needs. Why pay for a full suite of features for every person when some may need only the basics?
At the basic level, Phone.com users get the essentials and then some. But, you still aren’t breaking the bank to get all the great features this program offers.
- Business text messages
- Call Analytics
- Call Recording
- CRM Integration
- HiFi transcription
- HIPAA Compliant
- IP Desk Phone Compatible
- Mobile and Web apps
- Video Recording
Starts at $10.39 per month per user
Vonage is a robust business phone system. It allows unlimited calling and SMS text messages in the United States and Canada. Additionally, Vonage has over 50 possible features and a ton of integrations.
Users get unlimited calls, texts, team messaging, and Vonage apps at the basic level.
- Block calls
- Do not disturb mode
- Manage system from one portal
- Reroute calls in emergencies
- See the status of every phone on the system
- See statuses of all users in real-time
- Spam blocking
- Team messaging
- Transfer calls between devices
- Visual voicemails
Starts at $19.99 per month per line
8×8 offers unlimited calling in the US and Canada, as well as globally with upgraded plans. It takes pride in its reasonable prices, so they make sure you don’t miss out on lower subscription levels.
- 30-day trial
- Auto-attendant and call handling
- Call forwarding and hold music
- Choose between your current or a new number
- Customer chat on various messaging platforms
- HD audio and video conferencing
- Instant messaging
- Mobile and desktop apps
- No IT expertise needed
- Works with all devices
Pricing starts at $15/month per user.
Microsoft Teams has replaced Skype as Microsoft’s official VoIP for business system. This is one of the best business VoIPs because it looks like the popular internal Teams program so many users are already familiar with it.
It’s also one of the best business phone services because it increases revenue. It offers streamlined, time-saving communications, low deployment and management costs, and flexibility in necessary devices, among other things.
Microsoft Teams VoIP Features:
- Admin center adds, monitors, and manages calls
- AI routes calls using availability, time, and location
- All-in-one program for internal and external work
- Call queues with greetings and hold messages
- Cloud voicemail for use on all devices
- Compatible with tons of devices, including headsets
- Records voice or video calls
- Screen sharing
Microsoft Teams Pricing:
Microsoft 365 Business Basic is $6 per month per user
10. Google Voice
Google Voice is a scalable VoIP business phone system and part of Google Workspace. It’s one of the best business phone services because it was built to work with Google Meet, Calendar, and more.
Unlike many other VoIPs, it functions with more than computers, tablets, and phones. It also integrates with some headsets.
Google Voice Features:
- Global use
- Instant deployment
- Little tech knowledge needed
- Made for businesses of all sizes
- Part of Google Workspace
- Spam blocker
- Straightforward customization for your daily needs
- Unlimited SMS within the US
- Voicemail transcription
- Works on most devices from any location
Google Voice Pricing:
Starts at $10 per month per user
- 3-minute setup
- Dashboard with all necessary administrative info
- GDPR compliant
- Get caller insights to identify prospects
- HIPAA compliant
- ISO certified
- Phone numbers available in over 50 countries
- Real-time monitoring
- Send pre-recorded messages to many people
Starts at $16 per month per user for call centers and $25 per month per user for offices
Which Is the Best Business VoIP?
After researching business phone services, we’re confident Nextiva is the best business VoIP. It offers awesome features and doesn’t need annual contracts.
Plus, it’s more affordable than most of its high-end competitors.
Boost Engagement With a VoIP
The best business phone services help you bring in leads. At first glance, VoIPs may not seem like they can’t do this. But, they’re actually perfect for running “click-to-call” campaigns.
Click-to-call lets inbound and outbound calls occur with one click. This avoids dialing wrong numbers and allows leads to reach your business by clicking on a “call now” CTA.
OptinMonster Premium WordPress Plugin can help you build a click-to-call campaign quickly.
AIt lets you build stunning opt-in campaigns without needing to be tech-savvy.
You can use OptinMonster with your VoIP service by making a click-to-call CTA button, including on targeted ads.
Everything starts by selecting an OptinMonster template for your campaign:
From there, you can change your campaign as needed.
Want to add a click-to-call button? You can do this with drag-and-drop:
From there, you need to show your popup to the right people at the right times. For that, you need powerful targeting rules, like the following:
- Exit Intent® Technology: Display messages as users leave your website.
- Geolocation Targeting: Show your click-to-call popup based on your visitor’s physical location.
- OnSite Retargeting®: Make new offers to returning visitors to avoid “popup fatigue.”
Click below to start your 100% risk-free OptinMonster account today:
Beyond the Best Business VoIP Systems
We hope you found this post on the best business phone services helpful.
If you did, check out the following resources to learn more about improving your phone setup:
- How to Collect Phone Numbers on Your Website Using Popups
- 11 Ways to Get More Phone Calls from Your Website
If you join us here at OptinMonster, we’re always happy to help as well!