Are you looking for the best email call-to-action examples and practices to grow your email list?
An email call-to-action can make or break your email campaign’s effectiveness. Yes, those few words have a surprisingly strong impact, and they need to be spot-on.
No matter how good your content is, a poorly crafted call-to-action can lower an email campaign’s success, whereas a well-crafted one can significantly enhance it.
In this article, we’ll go over the importance of an email call-to-action, mention proven practices and features of a high-performing CTA, and share some of the best call-to-action examples to skyrocket your conversion rate.
- What’s a CTA in Email Marketing?
- Why Is an Email CTA Important?
- Features of a High-Performing Email CTA (and Best Practices!)
- 133 Email CTA Examples That Convert Like Crazy 🚀
- Increase Conversions by Improving Email CTAs
What’s a CTA in Email Marketing?
An email call to action (CTA) is a button or a piece of text that encourages the reader to take a particular action, such as:
- Making a purchase
- Reading a case study, blog, or testimonial
- Filling out a form
- Downloading a resource
- Saving on a subscription
Typically, email CTAs are designed to be eye-catching, appealing, and hard to miss. They are often positioned at a noticeable spot to convert the reader into a customer, subscriber, or engaged user.
Here’s an excellent example from our President and Co-founder, Thomas:
Why Is an Email CTA Important?
A well-designed email call to action is crucial in any email marketing campaign. Just like a magic button, it can turn good emails into great ones.
Most importantly, a compelling CTA can make your email interactive and encourage your readers to take action, ultimately leading to conversions and increased engagement. It can turn passive readers into active subscribers, customers, or engaged users.
No matter what kind of email it’s, whether it is:
- a newsletter,
- a thank-you message,
- or a reminder,
it must include a powerful CTA.
Without a clear and compelling CTA, your email may go unnoticed. As a result, you may miss out on valuable opportunities to connect with your audience and achieve your marketing goals.
Features of a High-Performing Email CTA (and Best Practices!)
Here are some features that can make an email CTA stand out and best practices you can use to encourage your readers to take particular actions:
1. Placement Matters
Make sure your CTA button is the star of the show in your email.
It’s essential to place it close to the top, where it’s easily visible to your subscribers. This way, they can quickly find it and take action without having to search for it.
2. Keep It Clear and Concise
A high-performing email CTA has clear and concise language that is easy to understand and straightforward.
For that, you should:
- Avoid using industry jargon or overly complicated terms that might confuse your audience.
- Use short and simple phrases that are easy to understand. For instance, instead of telling your subscribers to “Visit the Blog,” try “Get Our Top 10 Tips on Boosting Your Productivity for Free.”
3. Use Action-Oriented Language
As the name suggests, a call to action must include what action your reader should take without leaving any room for confusion or ambiguity.
Use action-oriented words like “Download,” “Sign up,” “Register,” “Subscribe,” or “Shop now” that encourage your audience to take action and also make it clear what you want your audience to do.
Here’s a helpful list of over 700 power words to get you started.
4. Make the CTA Stand Out
Alongside optimizing your CTA’s text, considering your CTA button’s design is also essential. It should be eye-catching, easy to read, and prominently displayed.
For instance, you can:
- Use contrasting colors to make the button stand out from the rest of the email
- Choose an appropriate button size
- Use white space to your advantage
- Optimize the CTA button for mobile
5. Be Relatable
By making sure that your email CTAs are relevant to the content and interests of your recipients, you can increase the chances that they will click through and take action. This can ultimately lead to higher conversion rates and better overall results for your email marketing campaigns.
For instance, explain to the recipient what they stand to gain by clicking on the CTA button, such as access to exclusive content, a discount, or a limited-time offer.
This way, your email CTA will clearly highlight the value of taking action.
Here’s one example from an email campaign that did particularly well:
6. A/B Test Your CTA
Sometimes, simply moving your CTA to a more visible spot on the page or changing its color can boost your click-through rates more than you might expect. That’s why it’s so important to test different versions of your CTA to see which one works best.
The best way to find the perfect CTA that resonates with your audience is to do split testing.
Start by choosing a design and create an A/B split test in your OptinMonster dashboard:
Experiment with different button colors, sizes, and text, as well as form, page design, and CTA placement.
But here’s the trick: change only one element at a time. This will help you determine which parts resonate with your audience and which aren’t.
Once you have the results, choose the CTA with the highest conversion rate. Then, rinse and repeat the process by changing one other element to see if you can improve your results even further.
By doing so, you’ll be well on your way to creating a high-converting CTA that will soar your conversion rates.
Read our case study on How Escola EDTI Increased Conversions by 500% Using Split Testing.
133 Email CTA Examples That Convert Like Crazy 🚀
Below are 133 irresistible email CTA examples you can use in your email campaigns to drive conversions and engage your audience like never before.
Whether you use them as is or personalize them for your customers, these templates will help you create engaging and effective calls to action.
- Buy Now
- Get Yours Today
- Add to Cart
- Shop Our Sale
- Claim Your Discounted Item
- Take Advantage of Our Sale
- Get Your Hands on It Now
- Buy One, Get One Free
- Claim Your Deal
- Stock Up and Save
- Buy More, Save More
- Get the Best Value
- Upgrade Your Purchase
- Don’t Miss This Offer
- Invest in Your Future
- Save on Your Next Purchase
- Don’t Wait; Buy Now
- Buy Today and Save Big
- Get the Best Price
- Shop Our Best Sellers
- Shop Our Summer Collection
- Get Ready for Fall
- Celebrate the Holidays
- Spring Into Action
- Summer Savings Are Here
- Get Cozy This Winter
- Prepare for the New Year
- Love Is in the Air
- Make Your Holidays Brighter
- Ring in the New Year with Us
- Subscribe Now
- Join the Community
- Sign Up for Exclusive Content
- Get Your Free Newsletter
- Be the First to Know
- Get the Latest News
- Subscribe to Our Blog
- Stay Informed
- Get Updates Straight to Your Inbox
- Never Miss a Thing
- Start Your Free Trial
- Try It Now
- Sign Up for a Demo
- Get Started Today
- See It in Action
- Book Your Consultation
- Claim Your Exclusive Offer
- Explore Our Features
- Upgrade Your Account
- Get More Done in Less Time
Abandoned Cart CTAs:
- Complete Your Purchase Now
- Don’t Miss Out
- Finish Your Order
- Claim Your Discount
- Get Your Free Gift
- Take Advantage of This Offer
- Finalize Your Purchase
- Claim Your Special Offer
- Don’t Let Your Cart Expire
- Complete Your Order and Get Free Shipping
- Register Now
- Get Your Free Ticket
- Join Us at the Event
- Don’t Miss This Opportunity
- Save Your Spot
- Reserve Your Seat
- Sign Up for Our Webinar
- Attend Our Workshop
- Join Our Conference
- Get Your Pass Now
New Product Launch CTAs:
- Shop Now
- Be the First to Get It
- Get Your Exclusive Discount
- Order Your Today
- Check It Out
- Discover Our New Collection
- Shop Our Latest Products
- Get Your Hands on the Newest Tech
- See What’s New
- Claim Your Early Access
Limited-Time Offer CTAs:
- Claim Your Discount Now
- Don’t Wait; Act Now
- Get It Before It’s Gone
- Limited Time Offer
- Grab It While You Can
- Don’t Miss This Limited-Time Deal
- Act Fast to Save
- Your Exclusive Offer Expires Soon
- Claim Your Special Deal
- Save Big Before It’s Too Late
- Refer a Friend and Get Rewarded
- Invite Your Friends to Join
- Share Your Love for Our Products
- Get a Reward for Every Referral
- Refer Your Friends and Save
- Spread the Word and Save
- Earn Rewards for Sharing
- Get a Discount for Every Referral
- Invite Your Friends and Family
- Tell Your Friends and Get a Bonus
- Upgrade Your Account Now
- Upgrade to Premium
- Get More for Less
- Unlock Exclusive Features
- Upgrade to Our Pro Plan
- Get More Value with Our Upgrade
- Take Your Account to the Next Level
- Get More Features with Our Upgrade
- Level Up Your Account
- Upgrade for More Benefits
Lead Magnet CTAs:
- Get Your Free E-book Now
- Download Your Free Guide
- Claim Your Free Whitepaper
- Get Your Free Checklist
- Download Your Free Resource
- Get Your Free Cheat Sheet
- Access Your Free Toolkit
- Claim Your Free Training
- Get Your Free Template
- Claim Your Free Consultation
Social Media CTAs:
- Follow us on [social media platform]
- Like our page on [social media platform]
- Share this post on [social media platform]
- Tag us in your [social media platform] posts
- Connect with us on [social media platform]
- Join our [social media platform] group
- Subscribe to our [social media platform] channel
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Download our app and stay connected
- Visit our website for more social media content
- Share your thoughts with us on [social media platform]
- Spread the word and share our [social media platform] profile with your friends
- Get exclusive content and offers by following us on [social media platform]
CTAs to Collect Customer Feedback:
- Give Us Your Feedback
- Tell Us Your Thoughts
- Share Your Opinion
- Rate Your Experience
- Complete Our Survey
- We Want to Hear From You
- Let Us Know How We’re Doing
- Help Us Improve
- Take Our Quick Survey
- Share Your Experience
CTAs to Encourage Clicks for Content CTAs:
- Read More
- Learn More
- Discover More
- See More
- Explore Our Blog
- Click Here to Read
- Check Out Our Latest Post
- Read Our Story
- Find Out More
- Unlock More Content
- Dive Deeper
- Click to Learn
- Get the Full Story
- See What’s New
- Keep Reading
Increase Conversions by Improving Email CTAs
And there you have it!
In this article, we’ve covered:
- What’s a CTA in email marketing?
- Why is it important?
- Features of a high-performing email CTA (and best practices!)
- 133 email CTA examples that convert like crazy
In the world of email marketing, having a solid and compelling call-to-action (CTA) is crucial for driving conversions and ultimately growing your business.
By following best practices such as:
- creating clear and concise copy,
- using attention-grabbing design,
- and strategically placing your CTA,
you can create a compelling and actionable CTA that resonates with your audience and drives results.
Take the time to experiment, test, and optimize your CTA to see the best results for your business!
Don’t forget to read our article on How to Create the Perfect Call to Action.
Are you ready to start creating high-converting email campaigns that drive results?
Sign up for OptinMonster now and put all these call-to-action examples and tips into practice!