Almost 70% of shoppers who commit to buying from you end up abandoning their carts in the end.
How would you like to reduce that number by around 10%?
Just take a look at Scott Wyden Imagery. They recovered 21% of abandoned carts using an exit-intent popup from OptinMonster!
In this article, we’ll show you 12 cart saver tools that will help you start recovering otherwise lost sales.
What Is Cart Abandonment?
Cart abandonment in eCommerce is when a visitor leaves your website without completing an initiated transaction. They may have added items to their cart or tried to check out but didn’t complete the buying process.
While a shopper might abandon their cart with every intention to come back, in most cases they never do.
Why Do Shoppers Abandon Carts?
Before we get into the best cart saver tools and how to use them effectively for better conversions, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why shoppers abandon carts in the first place.
- Lack of trust. This happens when they’re afraid their payment isn’t secure. Things like using a secure website (HTTPS), displaying trust badges from your payment processors, or other forms of reassurance will go a long way.
- Lack of payment options. When customers can’t checkout with the payment option they want, they might just abandon their cart and go somewhere else. Offer as many major payment options as you can.
- High shipping costs. If you can afford to offer free shipping, do it. If you can’t, be upfront about the costs. Nobody likes surprises when it comes to money. Unless it’s money that they’re getting.
- Complex checkout. Long forms, no guest checkout, all these add friction to the checkout process. Make your checkout process as easy as possible.
- Pricing issues. Potential buyers, especially first-time customers, might be hesitant to buy your product if the price is above range. Downsells and discounts work great to get them to buy.
- Buyer indifference. Shoppers might just be window shopping or weighing their options sometimes. Incentivize them to buy immediately with limited-time discounts and coupon popups.
Best Cart Saver Tools, Apps, and Plugins
Let’s take a closer look at 12 cart saver tools that can help you win back those so-called “lost” sales.
What makes OptinMonster’s exit-intent technology special and so effective is the use of powerful page-level targeting to track your visitors’ behavior and use it to show them hyper-relevant offers they can’t resist.
OptinMonster has tons of gorgeous, professionally-designed templates to choose from—all completely customizable!
And OptinMonster is more than just a cart saver tool, it’s a complete conversion optimization software that will help you win more leads and boost your revenue.
Just check out a few of our case studies:
- Cracku Increased Conversions 300% Using Countdown Timers
- Wild Water Adventures Recovered $61,000 in Sales Using OptinMonster
- Cosmetic Capital Increased Leads by 300% Using a Floating Bar
- Woodside Communities Made $294,435 In Less Than 2 Months Using OptinMonster
- Skates.co.uk Increased Daily Sales £2000 With Geotargeting
Ready to try it out and start recovering abandoned carts? Get started with OptinMonster today!
Show them all the items in their cart and remind them to come back and checkout via email. You can add a coupon to sweeten the deal, too.
Like control? Customize your cart abandonment emails, including what they say, how they look, and when they go out.
CareCart helps you recover lost revenue on your Shopify store through real-time tracking and email automation.
One unique feature of CareCart is its social marketing ability. With this Shopify cart saver app, you can use Facebook Messenger to improve customer support and sales and push notifications, too.
Abandoned Cart Pro for WooCommerce is another cart saver tool that lets you use Facebook Messenger to send reminders.
This premium plugin captures emails early with an Add to Cart Popup and has the ability to send cart recovery text messages too.
Other interesting features include:
- Recover carts from anywhere with Cross-Device Cart Rebuilding
- Capture Emails from URL
- Incentivize customers by sending unique coupon codes to complete their purchase
There’s also a lite version of this plugin in the WordPress plugin repository.
5. Abandoned Cart Recovery (Shopify)
Abandoned Cart Recovery is a powerful Shopify cart recovery app that includes product images of the items in the abandoned cart when sending emails. Very convincing right?
You can also customize the emails to showcase your branding, and automatically add a discount to your email checkout button to motivate customers to complete their orders.
Chatra Live Chat + Cart Saver plugin works to reduce shopping cart abandonment by proactively contacting customers stuck on the checkout.
You can send and receive chats directly from your Facebook visitors.
The Chatra plugin is a very powerful plugin for engaging your visitors. Speed up your response rate as you see what customers type even before they hit send.
It also shows you very detailed visitor information like where they’re from, what page they’re on, what device, and automatically save your conversation history for both you and your customer.
Use this plugin in conjunction with the best WordPress popup plugin for a powerful cart saving experience.
Top Tools: Check out our roundup of the best live chat plugins and software!
Cart Rocket works by saving your shopper’s cart and attempting to re-engage them via email and Facebook after they’ve left.
When they return to complete their purchase, all items will be waiting for them in their saved cart.
Developers call Shopify Cart Saver App “A B2B Merchant’s Dream Come True.”
Like on Amazon, this brilliant app can help you save carts even if shoppers never try to checkout.
The Share Carts feature is also great. It lets you save a cart and make it public. Then, carts can be shared through a link that others can use to add items to their own cart.
3dcart’s Abandoned Cart Saver helps save abandoned sales and lets you run email campaigns to the shoppers with uncompleted orders.
The app is a free addon for customers on the 3dcart professional plan and higher.
The AutomateWoo Abandoned Cart plugin for WordPress focuses on recovery via email. You can start sending emails immediately from your WordPress backend using your already setup transactional emails template.
Love analytics? This cart saver plugin tracks it all—opens, clicks, conversions—you’ll see a detailed log of all your sent emails and conversions recorded.
AutomateWoo’s session-tracking technology can detect registered users even before they sign in and captures guest emails at checkout using the pre-submit technique.
Guest emails can also be captured from any form on your website, like your newsletter signup.
Free Persistent Cart App for Shopify, one of the few free cart saver tools available, works to reduce shopping cart abandonment by allowing customers to save carts and access them across multiple devices.
That way, when shoppers log into their accounts on any device they’ll be able to pick up their shopping exactly where they left off.
WP House WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Saver works similarly to the BigCommerce Abandoned Cart Saver, but for WooCommerce!
You can automatically send a series of customizable cart abandonment emails to shoppers, show them all the items in their cart, and remind them to come back and checkout.
That’s a wrap! 12 cart saver tools, apps, and plugins you can use to reduce cart abandonment and recover lost sales.
Whichever tool you choose, give your eCommerce store an enormous advantage by adding OptinMonster to the mix. Start experiencing exponential lead conversions and boosted revenue like our many happy customers—Get started with OptinMonster today!
And don’t forget to set up your abandoned cart email strategy to make sure you’ve got all your bases covered.