Looking for a high-converting headline for your opt-in form? There’s no need to reinvent the wheel when you have a list of headline formulas that are proven to convert. In this cheat sheet, we’ll share 130+ proven opt-in headline ideas to get more email subscribers.
Before we dive into the opt-in headline ideas, make sure to create a really irresistible lead magnet. With your lead magnet, a high-converting opt-in form, and one of the proven opt-in headlines below, you will have no problem attracting website visitors to your email list.
Since this cheat sheet is really long, we’ve broken it down for you into 9 types of opt-in headlines, with formulas and examples. Feel free to use the navigation below to jump to a particular section:
- Useful Headlines
- Result Headlines
- Proof Headlines
- Curiosity Headlines
- Educational Headlines
- Problem Solving Headlines
- Fear Headlines
- Entertaining Headlines
- Bottom-of-Funnel Headlines
Ready to write a proven opt-in headline and grow your email list? Let’s dive in…
Exclusive Bonus: Download the 130+ Proven Opt-in Headlines Cheat Sheet to get more email subscribers.
Useful headlines are the most common of all the opt-in headline types. That’s because they convert like crazy!
If you want your lead magnet to be really successful, make sure that it is useful by saving the user time, money, or effort. Then use this great opt-in copy to convince them that your lead magnet will make their life so much easier…
1. Toolkit for [desired result/audience]
- Toolkit for Growing Your Online Business
- Toolkit for Growing Your Rose Garden
- Toolkit for the Professional Blogger
2. X Easy Ways to [desired result]
- 99 Easy Ways to Boost Your Direct Mail Response
- 11 Easy Ways to Organize Your Kitchen
- 21 Easy Ways to Turn Your Room into a Cosmic Getaway
3. The [blank] Cheat Sheet
- The Persuasive Sales Page Cheat Sheet
- The Ultimate Kitchen Cheat Sheet
- The Perfect Wedding Cheat Sheet
4. The Essential X: Top [things] that Every [audience] Needs
- The Essential 8: Top Reports that Every Marketer Needs
- The Essential 27: Items Every Unicorn Lover Needs
- The Essential 21: Things Every Die-Hard Fan Needs to Know
5. X-Point Checklist for [blank]
- 63-Point Checklist for Creating the Ultimate Optin Form
- 12-Point Checklist for a Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
- 34-Point Checklist for a Messy House
6. Here is a Method that is Helping [audience] to [desired result]
- Here is a Method That is Helping Homeowners Save Hundreds on Insurance
- Here is a Method That is Helping Children Learn to Read Sooner
- Here is a Method That is Helping Bloggers Write Better Post Titles
7. X Best [things/tools/resources] for [desired result]
- 12 Best Fitness Workouts for Core Strengthening
- 9 Best Exercises for the Brain
- 20 Best Beaches for Summer Holidays
8. X Best [things] We Saw in [year]
- 10 Best WordPress Themes We Saw in 2016
- 50 Best DIY Craft Ideas We Saw this Fall
- 60 Best Photoshop Tutorials We Saw in 2016
9. X [things/tools/resources] to [action]
- 13 Delicious Freezer Meal Recipes to Dump into the Slow Cooker
- 9 Best Songs Ever to Play at Your Wedding
- 11 Resources to Build Out Your Sales Funnel
10. [desired resource] Delivered [frequency] to Your Inbox
- Insight Delivered Daily to Your Inbox
- Delicious Recipes Delivered Weekly to Your Inbox
- Design Inspiration Delivered Monthly to Your Inbox
11. The [topic] Inspiration eBook
- The Logo Design Inspiration eBook
- The Lead Magnet Inspiration eBook
- The Family Portrait Inspiration eBook
12. X [topic] Tricks I Wish I’d Known at [age]
- 28 Time-Management Tricks I Wish I’d Known at 21
- 12 Interviewing Tricks I Wish I’d Known When Applying for My First Job
- 9 Networking Tricks I Wish I’d Known at 21
13. X Staple [things] You Should Know How to [make/do]
- 9 Staple Smoothies You Should Know How to Make
- 4 Knots Every Adventurist Should Know How to Tie
- 7 Words Every Traveler Should Know How to Say in Multiple Languages
14. Free Guide: [topic] Tips and Tricks
- Free Guide: College Admission Tips and Tricks
- Free Guide: 18 Hair Tips & Tricks for People Who Suck at Doing Hair
- Free Guide: 53 Insanely Cool Car Organization Tips and Tricks
15. X Free [topic] [plans/templates/etc.]
- 5 Free Meal Plans
- 7 Free Email Marketing Campaigns You Can Steal
- 4 Free Client Contract Templates
16. X Clever [topic] Tricks that Every [audience] Should Know
- 36 Clever Kitchen Cleaning Tricks Every Clean Freak Needs to Know
- 16 Clever Style Tricks Every Girl Needs to Know
- 14 Clever Psychological Tricks that Everyone Should Know
17. X [topic] Hacks that Will Totally Change the Way You [common activity]
- 13 Life Hacks that Will Totally Change the Way You Shower
- 21 Refrigerator and Freezer Hacks that Will Totally Change Your Life
- 6 Netflix Hacks that Will Totally Change Your Movie-Watching Experience
- 9 Brilliant Beauty Hacks that Will Totally Change the Way You Apply Makeup
- 7 Excellent Snapchat Hacks that Will Totally Change the Way You Use It
18. Checklist: X Daily Habits that Will [desired result]
- Checklist: 4 Daily Habits that Will Boost Your GPA
- Checklist: 7 Daily Gratitude Habits that Will Attract More Abundance and Joy into Your Life
- Checklist: 16 Daily Habits that Will Help You Get a Raise
- Checklist: 9 Daily Habits that Will Boost Your Social Media Following
19. Monthly [topic] Calendar
- Monthly Workout Calendar
- Free Printable 2017 Monthly Calendar
- Activities for Kids: Monthly Play Calendar
20. [topic] Cheat Sheet: Where to Get the Best Deals on [needed items]
- Back-to-School Cheat Sheet: Where to Get the Best Deals on School Supplies
- Taco Tuesday Cheat Sheet: Where to Get the Best Deals on National Taco Day 2016
- Cheat Sheet: Where to Get the Best Deals on Landscape Supplies
21. [activity] Schedule: The [topic] Checklist You Need
- House Cleaning Schedule: The Cleaning Checklist You Need
- Laundry Schedule: Checklist to Keep Dirty Clothes from Piling Up
- Childhood Immunization Schedule: The Checklist Parent’s Need
22. When to [blank]: a [monthly/weekly/daily] Guide
- When to Buy Household Supplies: a Monthly Guide
- When and What to Post on Social Media: a Daily Guide
- When to Plant Your Vegetable Garden: a Monthly Guide
23. The Ultimate [year] [topic] Trends Guide
- The Ultimate 2016 Hair Color Trends Guide
- The Ultimate 2016 Design Trends Guide
- The Ultimate 2016 Men’s Beard Trends Guide
24. All the best [things]. All in one place.
- All the best blogs to write for. All in one place.
- All the best beaches in the world. All in one place.
- All the best landing pages. All in one place.
25. X [things] Better than [other things]
- 6 Butt Exercises Better than Squats
- 9 Movies Even Better than Star Wars
- 14 Insanely Delicious Stuffed Cookies that are Better than a Boyfriend
26. X [topic] Templates
- 195+ Visual Marketing Design Templates
- 20 Sewing Pattern Templates
- 101+ Popular Blog Title Templates that Work
- Every Filmmaking Form You’ll Ever Need: 99 Free Templates
27. 5-Minute [things]
- 5-Minute Homemade Protein Shakes
- 5-Minute Million Dollar Dip
- 5-Minute DIY Christmas Luminaries
- 5-Minute Makeup Routine
28. The Ultimate [topic] [swipe file/blueprint/etc.]
- The Ultimate Social Media Swipe File
- The Ultimate Appetizer Board
- The Ultimate United States Road Trip (Map)
29. Sample [thing they need to make]
- Sample Client Proposal
- Sample Menu: What to Eat to Lose Weight
- Sample Building Construction Estimates Spreadsheet
30. X [topic] Scripts You Can Steal
- 3 Persuasive Video Scripts You Can Steal
- 9 Fantastic Planning Tips You Can Steal from My Gigantic Wedding
- 31 Clever Group Halloween Costumes You and Your Girlfriends Can Steal
- 22 Uncommon Baby Names You Can Steal from Disney Movies
31. Printable [topic] List
- Printable Grocery List
- Free Printable Hand-Lettered Pantry Labels
- Activity Printable for Kids
32. X Journal Prompts to [desired result]
- 60 Journal Prompts to Expand Your Mind
- 20 Journaling Prompts to Help You Know and Accept Yourself
- 26 Journal Prompts to Motivate You
33. The [blank] Calculator
- The A/B Split Test Significance Calculator
- The College Loan Calculator
- Pokemon Go IV Calculator
- International Moving Cost Calculator
34. [blank] Generator
- Blog Topic Generator
- Wedding Color Palette Generator
- Insult Generator
35. Free [topic] Spreadsheet
- Free Budget Spreadsheet
- Free Early Retirement Spreadsheet
- Free Home Inventory Spreadsheet
36. XX Low-Budget [things] You Could Do With [ordinary item(s)]
- 30 Low-Budget Makeovers You Could Do With Spray Paint
- 20 Low-Budget Christmas Gift Ideas You Could Buy Online
- 18 Low-Budget Trips You Could Take Around the World
37. X Ways to Upgrade Your [thing] on a Budget
- 6 Ways to Upgrade Your Apartment on a Budget
- 22 Ways to Upgrade Your Laundry Room on a Budget
- 30 Ways to Seriously Upgrade Your Family’s Backyard on a Budget
38. How to Create a Dream [thing] on a Budget
- How to Create a Dream Bedroom on a Budget
- How to Create a Dream Playroom on a Budget
- How to Create a Dream Backyard on a Budget
39. [desired action] Faster
- Build Your Email List Faster
- Help Develop Your Child’s Brain Faster
- Make Your Facial Hair Grow Faster
40. Best of [blank]
- Best of the OptinMonster Blog
- UX Design: Best of 2016
- Best of YouTube 2016
Having a clear end result is really important because that’s what actually motivates people to take action.
Use these opt-in language examples to focus on a specific end-result that the user will get from your lead magnet…
41. How to [desired result]
- How to Read Faster
- How to Raise a Creative Child
- How to Make Flourless 3-Ingredient Muffins
42. How to [desired skill] Like a Pro
- How to Arrange Flowers Like a Pro
- How to Clean Window Tracks Like a Pro in No Time Flat
- How to Take Instagram Photos Like a Pro, With Just Your Phone
43. How to [desired skill] Like an [esteemed person]
- How to Swim Like an Olympian
- How to Pose Like a True Beauty Queen
- How to Sing Like Your Favorite Artist
- Tutorial Video: How to Jump Like Cristiano Ronaldo
44. How to [desired result] for [audience]
- How to Find Patrons & Sponsors for Artists
- 40 How to DIY Projects for Teens
- How to Make Her Fall for You: The Nerd’s Guide
45. How to Get X [blank]
- How to Get 10,000 Fans
- How to Get Your First 100 Subscribers on YouTube
46. Learn How to Get [desired result]
- Learn How to Get Anything You Want
- How to Get the Girl of Your Dreams
- Learn How to Get 10,000 Subscribers
47. Want to [desired result]?
- Want to improve your email marketing?
- Want to travel the world?
- Want to be happy?
48. X [topic] Tips That’ll Get You [desired result]
- 200 Writing Tips That’ll Get You Writing Like a Pro
- 11 Breakfast Recipes That’ll Get You Lean
- 17 Super Cute Shirts That’ll Get You Through a Long Day
49. Looking for [desired thing(s)]?
- Looking for high quality blog content?
- Looking for a great slow cooker recipe?
- Looking for a job?
50. XX [things] That’ll Make You [blank]
- 11 Buttercream Frosting Recipes That’ll Make You Swear Off Store-Bought Forever
- 16 Delicious Soups That’ll Make You Feel Cozy this Fall
- 20 Disney Wedding Cakes That’ll Make You the Happiest Person on Earth
51. [double/triple] Your [desired result] with [topic]
- Double Your Sales with Email
- Double Your Storage Space with These 11 Kitchen Gadgets
- Double Your Productivity with these 4 Time Management Hacks
52. [double/triple] Your [desired thing] in X [days/weeks]
- Double Your Traffic in 30 Days
- Double Your Salary in Less than 2 Weeks
- 11 Ways to Double Your Customer Base in 4 Weeks
53. Imagine [desired result]
- Imagine Crushing Your Audition and Winning the Part
- Imagine Your Dream Vacation
- Imagine Hitting Your Biggest Goals this Year
54. Ready to Start [desired action/result]?
- Ready to Start Building Surveys?
- Ready to Start Growing Your Email List?
- Ready to Start Writing Your Book?
55. [huge desired result]? Yes, it’s possible.
- 100K Readers in 18 Months? Yes, it’s possible.
- Get Flexible Fast? Yes, it’s possible.
- A Totally Laid Back Black-Tie Wedding? Yes, it’s possible.
56. X-Day [desired result] Challenge
- 7-Day Waist Slimming Challenge
- 30 Day Prayer Challenge for Your Husband
- 365 Day Penny Challenge
57. Do You Know How to [desired result]?
- Do You Know How to Make Your Retirement Savings Last?
- Do You Know How to Balance Your Body’s pH Levels?
- Do You Know How to Steer Away from Online Banking Trouble?
58. For People on the Verge of [blank]
- For People on the Verge of Trying Yoga After Age 45
- For People on the Verge of Quitting Text Marketing
- For People on the Verge of Breaking into Hollywood
Not sure your visitors believe that you can really deliver on your promised result? Use a proof headline.
These opt-in headline examples prove–either by your own results, testimonials, case studies, or social proof–that your lead magnet can really help…
59. X Proven [ways/steps/techniques] to [desired result]
- 12 Proven Ways to Convert Abandoning Visitors and Subscribers
- 19 Proven Ways to Look 10 Years Younger Overnight
- 7 Proven Ways to Lose Stubborn Belly Fat
60. We Analyzed XXX,XXX [things] (And This is What We Learned)
- We Analyzed 832,961 Headlines (And This is What We Learned)
- We Analyzed 1 Million Google Search Results (Here’s What We Learned About SEO)
- We Analyzed 174,690 Blog Posts (And Here’s What We Learned)
61. The Tool Over X [people] Use to [desired result]
- The Tool Over 679,132 Websites Use to Grow Their Subscribers
- The Tool Over 983,000 Publishers Use to Win the Internet
- The Tool Angels Use to Get Runway Ready
62. I [activity] Every Day for X Months. Here’s What Happened
- I Ran 11 Miles Every Day for 4 Months. Here’s What Happened
- I Spent a Week Sharing My Feelings With Everyone. Here’s What Happened
- I Stopped Complaining for One Month. Here’s What Happened
63. How We [desired result] in X Weeks
- How We Boosted Our Optins by 73% in 3 Weeks
- How We Fixed Our Toddler’s Bedtime in 3 Days
- How We Raised $1 Million in 1 Week
64. X Lessons We Learned from [blank]
- 7 Lessons We Learned from 1,342 Lead Magnets
- 5 Lipstick Lessons We Learned from Arci Munoz
- 6 Style Lessons We Learned from Cinderella
- Are you in? 40,000 digital marketers already receive the Definitive Daily Newsletter by Convince & Convert.
- Are you in? 12K entrepreneurs already have a head start.
- Are you in? 20,000 small business owners have already downloaded the Lead Magnet Blueprint.
66. Top XX Most Popular [things/tools]
- Top 10 Most Popular Email Marketing Tools
- Top 10 Most Popular Airbnb Listings in the World
- Top 10 Most Popular Men’s Hairstyles of 2016
67. How [thing] Transformed my [life/business/etc.]
- How OptinMonster Transformed My Business
- How Flexible Seating Transformed My Classroom
- How Giving Up Dairy Transformed My Health
68. Case Study: [desired result]
- Case Study: How Social Media Examiner Added 250,000 Email Subscribers Using OptinMonster
- Case Study: $831K Real Estate Sales from $352 Ad Spend
- Case Study: How Switching Tools Increased Email Reply Rates by 187% in 1 Month
Often, the most irresistible headlines are the ones that entice curiosity, and your opt-in copy is no exception.
Use one of the headline formulas below to make your visitor so curious that they simply can’t resist entering their email and seeing what’s on the other side!
69. X Secrets to [desired result]
- 6 Secrets to Becoming a Digital Nomad
- 7 Secrets to Raising Awesome, Functional Teenagers
- 9 Secrets To a Continuously Productive Vegetable Garden
70. Revealed: [desired result]
- Revealed: 7 Ways to Get Influential People to Mentor You
- Revealed: 6 Secrets of the Top Magicians in the World
- Revealed: How to Travel Around the World in 80 Days
71. X Little-Known Ways to [desired result]
- 12 Little-Known Ways to Actually Stick With Your Resolution this Year
- 4 Little-Known Ways To Tell Whether Clothes Are Well Made Or Super Cheap
- 5 Little-Known Ways to Stand Out on Pinterest
72. X Ways to [desired result] (You Won’t Believe #X!)
- 11 Ways to Meet Famous People (You Won’t Believe #3!)
- 7 Ways to Be More Strategic (You Won’t Believe #6!)
- 28 Ways to Trick Yourself into Saving Money (You Won’t Believe #11!)
73. Are You Still [blank]?
- Are You Still Drinking Dairy?
- Are You Still Single?
- Are You Still Having a Hard Time Ranking Your Website?
74. How [common thing] Can Lead to [negative result]
- How Your Morning Coffee Can Lead to Heart Disease
- 5 Ordinary Habits that Can Lead to Career Stagnation
- 7 Rookie Mistakes that Almost Always Lead to Small Business Failure
75. These X [things] Could Help You [desired results]
- These 5 Foods Could Help You Lose 20lbs
- These 7 Facts Can Help You Save Your Eyesight
- Eliminating these 11 Words From Your Vocabulary Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
76. [common thing/activity] is Kinda Worthless
- Aggregate Data is Kinda Worthless
- Your New Idea is Worthless (Unless You Follow these 4 Steps)
- Your Content is Kinda Worthless (Unless You Know these 3 Secrets)
77. X Surprising Ways to [desired result]
- 10 Surprising Ways to Live Longer
- 7 Smart and Surprising Ways to Get Rid of Ants
- 8 Surprising Ways to Use Liquid Fabric Softener
78. [blank] that You’ve Never Heard Of
- 51 Ways to Make Money in 2016 that You’ve Never Heard Of
- The Best Way to Pay for Your Child’s College Education that You’ve Never Heard Of
- The Scientific Way to Stop Bloating that You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
79. X [topic] Tricks You Never Knew of (But Wish You Had Sooner!)
- 7 Lightroom Tools, Tricks & Features You Never Knew of But Wish You Had Sooner!
- 6 Customer Acquisition Tricks You Never Knew of (But Wish You Had Sooner!)
- 4 List-Growth Hacks You Never Knew of (But Wish You Had Sooner!)
80. X Things You Should Know About Your [thing]
- 7 Things You Should Know About Your Roth IRA
- 11 Things You Should Know Before Choosing a Gym
- 13 Things You Should Know About Your Target Market
81. No, You Don’t Have to [undesirable action] to [desired result]
- No, You Don’t Have to Count Calories to Lose Weight
- No, You Don’t Have to Wait to Find True Love
- No, You Don’t Have to Spend Hours on Social Media to Grow Your Following
82. How We [negative result] (and How We [desired result])
- How We Lost Lost $2M (and Made $200M the Next Year)
- How I Gained 200lbs, Got Skinny Again, and Finally Kept the Weight Off
- How We Went Bankrupt (and Bounced Back Again)
83. Exclusive Behind the Scenes: How We [desired result]
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes: How We Grew Our List by 30K in 30 Days
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes: How I Got Booked on 50 Podcasts in 7 Days
- Exclusive Behind the Scenes: How We Made $5M Last Year
84. My Monthly Income Report: [month/year]
- My Monthly Income Report: March 2016
85. [year] [topic] Predictions
- 2017 Fashion Predictions
- 2017 Web Design Predictions
- 2016-2017 Email Marketing Statistics and Forecasts
Want to become known as the go-to authority in your industry? Using a really high-value, educational lead magnet is a smart way to do that.
Combine your educational lead magnet with the email opt-in wording below to win over your visitors, and earn their trust…
86. [topic] 101: How To [desired result]
- Email Marketing 101: How To Turn Subscribers into Customers
- SEO 101: How to Rank #1 in Google
- Calligraphy 101: Everything You Need to Know
87. The [audience’s] Bible
- The Bootstrapper’s Bible
- The Housewife’s Bible
- The Plumber’s Bible
88. The Definitive Guide to [topic]
- The Definitive Guide to Email Marketing
- The Definitive Guide to Getting Any Girl’s Number in 2 Minutes
- The Definitive Guide to Disneyland
89. The Ultimate Guide to [topic]
- The Ultimate Guide to Eating Healthy on a Budget
- The Ultimate Guide to Freshman Dorm Decor
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Perfect Sunglasses
90. A Comprehensive Tutorial to [desired result]
- A Comprehensive Tutorial to Make a Business Plan
- A Comprehensive Tutorial to Drift a Road Car
- A Comprehensive Tutorial to Start a Podcast in Under 2 Hours
91. What Makes a Great [blank]?
- What Makes a Great Opt-in Form?
- What Makes a Great Story?
- What Makes a Great Leader?
92. Do You Really Need [thing]? Here’s How to Tell
- Does Your Business Really Need an Email List? Here’s How to Tell
- Do You Really Need to Buy New Clothes? Here’s How to Tell
- Do You Really Need Rental Car Insurance? Here’s 8 Things to Know
93. [topic]: What You Absolutely Need to Know
- On-Page SEO: What You Absolutely Need to Know
- Buying a Home: What You Absolutely Need to Know
- Changing Careers: What You Absolutely Need to Know
94. Blueprint for [desired result]
- Blueprint For A Profitable Coaching Business
- Blueprint for Your Million-Dollar Idea
- Blueprint for Seriously Awesome A/B Tests
95. Which is Best: [thing 1] or [thing 2]?
- Which is Best: Blogger or WordPress?
- Which is Best: ClickFunnels or LeadPages?
- Which is Best: Minivans or SUVs?
Problem Solving Headlines
Hopefully, you already know the pain points that keep your ideal customers lying awake at night. If your lead magnet solves one of those problems, make sure to hit that emotional trigger in your opt-in headline!
Use the problem-solving email opt-in verbiage below to speak to your market’s real needs…
96. How to [solve a problem]
- How to Calm a Crying Baby
- How to Escape a Sinking Vehicle
- How to Not Say the Wrong Thing
97. How to [desired result] Without [undesirable action]
- How to generate 195,013 visitors a month without spending a dollar on ads
- How to Email Your Professor Without Being Annoying
- How to Raise Successful Kids Without Over-Parenting
98. How to [desired result] When [problem]
- How to Reset Your Wife When She’s Falling Apart
- How to Start Exercising When You Have 50+ Pounds to Lose
- How to Take Care of Yourself When You Have Depression
99. X Ways to [desired result] When You’re [problem]
- 26 Ways to Take Your Life Back When You’re Broken
- 14 Ways to Organize Your Makeup When You’re Completely Addicted
- 12 Ways to Feel Better Instantly When You’re Having a Bad Day
100. X [topic] Tips that Will Survive [problem]
- 7 Beauty Tips for Makeup that Will Survive the Heat
- 29 Self-Care Tips that Will Help You Survive Parenting
- 7 Life-Saving Tips that Will Help You Survive an Earthquake
101. [pain point]: X Tools to [desired result]
- Running on Empty: 7 Tools to Heal Emotional Exhaustion
- Witching Hour: 9 Tools for Calming an Angry Child
- Back-to-School Anxiety: 9 Yoga Tools to Help Your Kid Relax
102. X Reasons You’re [problem]
- 9 Reasons You’re Fighting With Your Spouse
- 5 Real Reasons You’re Losing Restaurant Staff
- 12 Reasons You’re Not as Happy as You Should Be
103. Why You’re Not [desired result] (And What to Do About It)
- Why You’re Not Getting Traffic to Your Blog (And What to Do About It)
- Why You’re Not Losing Any Weight (And What to Do About It)
- Why You’re Not Successful (And What to Do About It)
104. Fix Your [problem] NOW
- Fix Your Conversion Rate NOW
- Fix Your Gut Problems NOW
- Fix Your Style NOW
105. Stop Problem!
- Stop Losing Website Visitors!
- Stop Leaving Money on the Table!
- Stop Feeling Shy at Parties!
106. We Can Help You [blank]
- We Can Help You Boost Your Conversion Rate by 20%
- We Can Help You Communicate Better
- We Can Help You Promote Your Business
107. Do You Know How to [solve problem]?
- Do You Know How to Recognize Controlling People?
- Do You Know How to Replace a Flat Fire?
- Do You Know How to Save a Stray Animal?
108. Never [problem] Again
- Never Get Stuck in Traffic Again
- Never Buy the Wrong Gift Again
- Never Fear Filing Your Taxes Again
When used occasionally, triggering fear can push your visitors to take action. Use the opt-in language formulas below to get your visitor’s moving!
Note: Just make sure that your lead magnet also solves the cause of the fear. Never leave the subscriber hanging without giving them some sort of a win.
109. Warning! Are You [blank]?
- Warning! Are You Eating These 4 Foods that Could Kill You?
- Warning! Are You Making these 6 Guest Blogging Mistakes?
- Warning! Are You at Risk for Car Theft?
110. X Mistakes Most People Make When [activity]
- 11 Mistakes Most People Make When Washing Their Hair
- 9 Mistakes Most Marketers Make When Building their Email List
- 8 Mistakes Most Men Make on First Dates
111. [audience]! Are You [missing opportunity]?
- Marketers! Are You Leaving Money on the Table?
- Freelancers! Are You Charging Enough?
- Parents! Are You Saving For Your Kid’s College Education?
112. X [topic] Mistakes that Are [negative result]
- 4 Facebook Ad Mistakes that Are Losing You Money
- 12 Mistakes that Are Putting You at Immediate Risk for Car Theft
- 10 Mistakes that Are Killing Your LinkedIn Profile
113. What is a Good [blank] (and Do I Need to Worry?)
- What is a Good Email Open Rate (and Do I Need to Worry?)
- What is a Good Credit Score (and Do I Need to Worry?)
- What is a Good Conversion Rate (and Do I Need to Worry?)
Is your lead magnet simply fun or entertaining? That’s great– those lead magnets work really well too!
Check out these great opt-in copy examples for entertaining lead magnets…
114. Quiz: What Kind of [type of person] Are You?
- Quiz: What Kind of Clutterer Are You?
- Quiz: What Kind of Disney Fan Are You?
- Quiz: What Kind of Commuter Are You?
115. Quiz: Can You Pass this [topic] Challenge?
- Quiz: Can You Pass this Healthy Eating Challenge?
- Quiz: Can You Pass this Southern Slang Challenge?
- Quiz: Can You Pass this Spelling Challenge?
116. Quiz: Find Your Perfect [blank]
- Find Your Perfect Neighborhood
- Find Your Perfect Pair of Jeans
- Find Your Perfect Daily Routine
117. The Biggest [topic] Giveaway Ever!
- The Biggest Back to School Giveaway Ever!
- The Biggest Kitchen Giveaway Ever!
- The Biggest Baby Giveaway Ever!
118. [brand] [appealing topic] Sweepstakes
- Ulta Best Summer Ever Sweepstakes
- HGTV’s Ultimate Escape Sweepstakes
- Harley-Davidson’s Ultimate Experience Sweepstakes
119. The [audience’s] Manifesto
- The Writer’s Manifesto
- The Mother’s Manifesto
- The Entrepreneur’s Manifesto
120. XXX [adjective] Quotes that will [desired result]
- 100 Inspirational Quotes that will Give You Strength During Hard Times
- 20 Profound Quotes that Will Help You Better Understand Yourself
- 101 Success Quotes that Will Help You Chase Your Dreams
121. Free [blank] Membership
- Free My Copyblogger Membership
- Free Freelancer’s Club Membership
- Free Canva Account
122. Free Access: The [blank] Community
- Free Access: The Pregnant & Fit Community
- Free Access: Persuasion Nation Mastermind for Entrepreneurs
- Free Access: The Wedding Photographer’s Community
123. Enter the [blank] Contest
- Enter the OptinMonster Customer Showcase Contest
- Enter the #BuildYourBreakfast Contest
- Enter the 2016 Washington Post Peeps Diorama Contest
124. The Best X-[minutes/hours] You’ll Spend [timeframe]
- The Best 5-Minutes You’ll Spend Today
- The Best Hour You’ll Spend this Week
- The Best 3 Days You’ll Spend this Year
125. XX Pictures to [blank]
- 39 Pictures to See Which Muscle You’re Stretching
- 21 Pictures that Won’t Make Sense if You’re an Only Child
- 32 Pictures that will Make Teachers Laugh Harder than They Should
Don’t forget your visitors at the bottom of the funnel: people who visit your site with the intention of buying. You sure wouldn’t want to lose a lead who was that close to becoming a customer.
Capture bottom-of-funnel leads before they abandon your site with one of these opt-in headline formulas…
126. [unique value proposition] (Try it Free)
- Securely share, sync and collaborate (Try it Free)
- Web and mobile payments, built for developers (Sign up Free)
- Rides in Minutes (Sign Up Now)
127. Request Your Free [sample] Now
- Request your free snack sample box now
- Get a Free Sam’s Club Baby Box – No Membership Required
- Free Sample Premium Pet Food + Nutrition Guide
128. X% off [product]
- 20% off All Denim
- 10% off Coupon Code
- 30% off Any Order When You Use Coupon Code 30OFF at Checkout (Today Only)
129. Need Help [desired result]? Get a Free Consultation
- Need Help Starting Your LLC? Get a Free Consultation
- Need Help Filing Your Taxes? Get a Free Consultation
- Need Help Growing Your Revenue? Get a Free Coaching Call
130. Did You [blank] Yet? Get a Quote
- Did You Get Your Car Insurance Yet? Get a Quote
- Did You Get Your House Cleaned Yet? Get a Quote
- Did You Move Your Stuff Yet? Get a Quote
131. Request Your [blank] Catalog Today!
- Request Your REI Catalog Today!
- Request Your Spring/Summer Catalog Today!
- Request Your Holiday Catalog Today!
132. [brand/product] Guide
- OptinMonster Guide
- Adobe Creative Suite Guide
- Canva App Guide
133. [product] Review
- OptinMonster Review
- Top Email Marketing Tools Reviewed
- MailChimp vs. ConvertKit Review
Final Tips for Writing Even Better Headlines
Now it’s your turn. Go ahead and choose an opt-in headline type that fits your lead magnet. Then, try on a few of the above templates for size. (I like to write out several headlines before I choose the one that sounds the best.)
Once you come up with a good one, use these tips to make your headline even better…
Mix and Match Headline Types
As you may have noticed, many of these opt-in headlines are actually a combination of two or more different types.
For example, “How to Clean Window Tracks Like a Pro in No Time Flat” is a combo result/useful headline, since it focuses on the big result (“clean window tracks like a pro”) while also promising to save you time (“in no time flat”).
Try mixing different headline types together to add more psychological triggers to your optins!
Use Power Words
Did you know that adding power words to your headlines can increase your conversion rates by 12.7%?
Check out these 700+ power words, and sprinkle them into your headlines to increase your optin conversion rates.
If you aren’t sure which headline will perform the best for your lead magnet and your audience, then test it.
With OptinMonster, you can easily A/B test your opt-in headlines and increase your conversions.
Finally, remember to take your time– writing great headlines takes practice!
I hope this cheat sheet helped you to find lots of great opt-in headline ideas. If you enjoyed it, you may also want to check out our 63-Point Checklist for Creating the Ultimate Optin Form, and see our list of email popup best practices to get even more subscribers.
Short on time? Check out these ridiculously simple ways to get more email subscribers in less than 5 minutes!
Exclusive Bonus: Download the 130+ Proven Opt-in Headlines Cheat Sheet to get more email subscribers.