Do you want to engage your audience and build relationships with them through newsletters?
Email newsletters are a great way to get customers to revisit your site by updating them on new content, sales, and product launches. In turn, this helps increase conversions and sales.
However, to make your newsletters a success, you’ll need the help of plugins and tools.
Today, we’ve handpicked the best WordPress newsletter plugins to grow your email list and keep customers engaged.
But before we dive into the list, let’s look at why you definitely want a newsletter plugin in the first place.
Why You Need a WordPress Newsletter Plugin
Did you know that a whopping 320+ billion emails are sent every day? That’s a lot of emails!
So how do you stand apart from the rest? How do you get subscribers to open your emails and click on your links?
For newsletters to drive results, you need to:
- Grow your email list
- Identify your audience
- Craft messages that will resonate with them
- Broadcast emails and make sure they are delivered
- Track analytics and data to optimize results
While this sounds like a lot of work, there are tools that make the entire process a breeze. But with so many plugins and email services available, it’s hard to choose the right ones.
We looked at what the popular newsletter plugins have to offer in terms of features, ease of use, customer support, and affordability. Based on these factors, we’ve listed out the top WordPress newsletter and email marketing tools.
And to make it convenient, we’ve categorized it according to your newsletter marketing journey:
- Grow Your Email List
- Identify Your Audience
- Broadcast Email Newsletters</a
- All in One Newsletter Tools
WordPress Plugins to Grow Your Email List
The first step in newsletter marketing is to collect leads and grow your subscriber list. These WordPress plugins let you create forms and lead generation campaigns to get visitors to sign up for your newsletters.
OptinMonster is a premium WordPress plugin to create lead generation campaigns like popups, floating bars, and slide-ins.
It’s the most powerful tool to collect leads and exponentially grow your subscriber list.
OptinMonster comes with 50+ beautiful templates and 9 campaign types, so you can set up high-converting campaigns in minutes.
It also comes with a drag and drop builder to easily customize your campaigns.
OptinMonster has powerful targeting features so you can display campaigns based on what your visitor is interested in or what actions they’re taking on your site.
For instance, you can use Exit-Intent® to detect when a visitor is leaving your site. OptinMonster will then display a popup asking them to sign up for your newsletter.
That means you can make one last offer to try to retain as many abandoning visitors as possible.
This feature works so well that NeilStrauss.com increased conversions by 125%!
- 9 campaigns types, including popups, floating bars, inline forms, and gamified wheels
- 50+ ready to use templates to set up high-converting campaigns in minutes
- Drag and drop builder to customize campaigns
- Powerful targeting features for all sites, including eCommerce
- A/B testing and analytics to optimize results
- Integrates with all popular email marketing services like Constant Contact and Mailchimp
- 24/7 reliable and friendly customer support
Starts at $9 per month with a 14-day no-risk money-back guarantee.
WPForms is the best form builder plugin on the market and a tool that every email marketer on WordPress should have. You can add beautiful newsletter signup forms to your site in minutes.
And WPForms lets you customize everything about your form using its drag and drop builder. You can add your own logo, colors, and other custom branding options to the forms.
Plus, you can easily link it to your email provider to automate your form submissions and newsletter broadcasts.
This makes WPForms one of the best and most versatile newsletter plugins around.
- Ready to use templates to create newsletter signup forms easily
- View all your newsletter leads in one place
- Built-in spam protection so you get only genuine subscribers
- Seamlessly integrates with popular email marketing platforms and tools
- Instant notifications for your team members
There’s a lite version of WPForms available for free. Paid plans start at $9 per month.
TrustPulse is the best social proof app for WordPress. It can help you increase your newsletter subscription rate instantly by up to 15%.
TrustPulse captures signup activity and showcases it in non-intrusive popups on your site.
You can display individual signups or group statistics such as ’85 people signed up for my newsletter in the past 7 days.’
The popups are clickable, so you can direct visitors to your newsletter signup form.
This creates a sense of FOMO (fear of missing out) on your site. When visitors see others signing up for your newsletters, they are more likely to do the same.
You can also create action messages that prompt visitors to sign up for your emails.
- Capture recent activity or display static messages
- Track analytics and performance
- Customize popups easily
- A great support team that’s available 24/7
Starts at $9 per month.
RafflePress is the best WordPress giveaway plugin to incentivize users to subscribe to your newsletter. This plugin lets you create online contests to boost engagement with your brand, grow your email list, and increase profits.
- Drag and drop builder for your giveaway form
- Viral giveaway templates
- 1 click entry for users to enter your contests
- Fraud protection so only genuine entries are accepted
- Social media integrations
- Integrates with popular email marketing services
For more information, check out this helpful review of RafflePress.
Starts at $39 per year.
SeedProd is the best drag and drop page builder for WordPress. With SeedProd, you can easily create beautiful email optin landing pages for your website.
A landing page is laser-focused on a specific offer and because there’s nothing else on the page to distract users, they’re more likely to sign up for your newsletter.
Plus, SeedProd comes with landing page specific blocks you can use to boost conversions. Choose from blocks like countdown timers, testimonials, progress bars, and much more.
You can even use this plugin to create a coming soon page so that you can collect email addresses before your site goes live and turn 404 pages into lead magnets.
- Easy drag and drop builder
- Over 170+ landing page templates
- Integrates with popular email marketing providers
- Built-in subscriber management
- Responsive and mobile ready
To learn more, check out this detailed SeedProd review.
Starts at $39.50 per year.
WordPress Plugins to Identify Your Audience
Before you send out newsletters, you’ll want to know who you’re talking to so you can tailor your messages to match their preferences.
That way, your audience will be more likely to respond and engage with your emails.
MonsterInsights is the best analytics plugin for email marketers.
It’s easy to set up, and you can access your site’s analytics from your WordPress dashboard.
It turns complex data into easy-to-read reports, so you get valuable insights into your audience.
You can find top-performing posts, pages, and products. This is a great place to get ideas and inspiration for your newsletters. You’ll also know what’s popular with your audience and can promote those posts or products in your emails.
Added to that, it has specific trackers to help you analyze the performance of your WordPress newsletter subscription forms.
With MonsterInsights, you’ll have all the data you need to make your email marketing efforts successful.
- Easy to set up and connect to Google Analytics
- Find top-performing posts and products to create email marketing campaigns
- Track the performance of signup forms
- Custom reports for eCommerce
- Check user behavior to find their interests, location, and preferences
You can get started with a lite version of MonsterInsights for free. Paid plans start at $99 per year.
Email Service Providers to Broadcast Your Newsletter
The next step in newsletter marketing is to create and send your newsletter.
Newsletters are usually sent to broadcast lists that need to follow specific guidelines. If you choose to send bulk email addresses from a personal email, for example, it will get flagged as spam.
And once your email address gets blacklisted, even regular administration and client emails can be blocked.
To avoid this problem, you need to use an email service provider to make sure your emails go to your audience’s inbox and don’t go to the spam folder.
Constant Contact is the most popular email marketing service that lets you sent targeted and broadcast emails.
It comes with AI-driven tools that make it easy to segment and target your subscribers. That way, you can send out personalized emails to maximize your results.
Plus, it’s easy to set up and has tons of templates to create newsletters fast.
You can also create automated email series to welcome new subscribers or reengage with disinterested ones.
- Drag and drop builder for easy customization
- Best email deliverability track record
- Segment audience based on purchase activity, website visits, activity, and gender
- Schedule emails and promotional offers
- Track progress with insights and analytics
- Reliable support team
Starts at $20 per month.
Sendinblue is another great email service provider to send out newsletters.
It lets you add signup forms to your site to collect more leads. Then you can create newsletters in minutes and send them out to your subscribers.
Sendinblue maintains a good sender reputation and high delivery rates so you can be sure your emails reach your subscribers.
- Powerful drag and drop builder
- Responsive email designs that look good on all devices
- Add unlimited subscriber contacts
- Fast and helpful email support
Sendinblue has a free plan that lets you add unlimited contacts and send up to 300 emails per day. The paid plans start at $25 per month.
AWeber is a powerful yet simple marketing platform to create amazing-looking newsletters for WordPress.
You can design and create custom templates without ever having to write any code.
AWeber also makes sure your emails hit your subscriber’s inbox and not the junk folder. And you can view your open and click rates on your dashboard.
- AI-powered email template designer to create branded newsletters in seconds
- Drag and drop email builder + free template library
- Automate newsletter broadcasts from the latest blog posts
- Set triggers and create targetted email flows
- Easy subscriber management and segmentation
- Analytics and reports that contain data that matters
There’s a free plan for up to 500 subscribers. The Pro version starts at $16.15 per month (billed annually).
Drip is a popular marketing platform that makes it easy to create and broadcast newsletters.
It lets you see how people interact with your brand, so you can segment your audience and tailor your messages.
Drip also integrates with other marketing tools and website platforms as well. This gives you the ability to create a cohesive and powerful marketing stack on a budget.
- Manage subscribers and unsubscribers easily from the dashboard
- Set up a custom sending domain
- Automate emails based on subscriber behavior
- Pre-built workflows to set up campaigns and automated sequences
Drip has a free 14-day trial. Paid plans start at $19 per month.
All in One Newsletter Plugins For WordPress
The tools mentioned above are powerful and help you achieve the results you’ve been working for. However, there may be times when you want an all-in-one tool to manage all the steps involved in newsletter marketing.
There are a few tools that do this, and we’ve listed them below. But keep in mind that while they are convenient, they usually lack in certain areas.
These tools are great if you’re just starting out or you’re a small business. As you grow, you’ll want to explore the tools we’ve mentioned above.
Newsletter is a free WordPress plugin that lets you create, send, and track emails.
It’s perfect for blogs and small websites. You can control the delivery speed, which is great if you’re sending emails through your web host.
And the best part is you can access the plugin through your WordPress dashboard. The catch here is that most features you would need are available in premium addons and extensions.
- Check for subscription spam
- Unlimited subscribers and newsletters
- Easy drag and drop builder + customizable themes
- Integrates with popular WordPress plugins
Free with paid addons.
MailPoet is a WordPress plugin you can install on your site to get started with newsletters right away. You can manage everything from your WordPress dashboard, so you don’t need to log into anything else.
MailPoet has a standard version that’s free. However, if you want to send emails, you’ll need to subscribe to the ‘Premium + Sending’ version. This is free for up to 1,000 subscribers.
The downside here is that the analytics tools are limited.
- Built-in templates and easy customization options
- Add signup forms to your site
- Use native sending service or integrate with third-party email providers
Free. Paid plans start at only $3 per month.
ConvertKit is a WordPress plugin that helps you find your audience and connect with them.
It lets you embed lead capture forms on your site to collect subscribers. You can then use the email marketing software to create and send newsletter broadcasts.
ConvertKit has a user-friendly email designer to write, edit, and customize newsletters. That way, you can craft beautiful newsletters in minutes.
- Create branded email templates and set default templates
- Add buttons, images, and videos to your newsletters
- 98% deliverability rate with a 30% average open rate
- Choose who you want to receive your broadcast
- Schedule emails for later or set up automated triggers
Free for up to 1,000 subscribers. Premium plans start at $29 per month.
And there you have it! That’s our pick of the best WordPress Newsletter plugins.
Want to know our verdict? To run a successful newsletter marketing campaign and drive results that actually grow your business, you need to use a handful of tools:
- OptinMonster – The one and only tool you need to collect leads
- MonsterInsights – To know your audience and tailor your messages
- Constant Contact – To create and send newsletters with high delivery rates
These tools excel at what they do and can skyrocket your campaign results. Want to get started on your newsletters right away?
We hope you liked this article and if so, you may also be interested in:
- 31 Lead Capture Form Examples You Can Use to Grow Your List
- How to Create an Effective Email Autoresponder Series
- Small Business Email Marketing: 7 (Easy) Tips for Growth
These posts will help you improve your lead capture and email marketing strategy.