Are you looking for the best email marketing templates for your business?
However, crafting a perfect email from scratch every time can be time-consuming and challenging. This is where email marketing templates come in handy.
In this blog, we’ll share six free email marketing templates, key components, and best practices for creating email templates.
Key Components of Effective Email Marketing Templates
A successful email marketing template has five key components:
- Subject line: The email subject line is the first thing subscribers see in their inbox, and making it engaging and attention-grabbing is essential. A good subject line should be concise and clear and give subscribers an idea of what to expect in the email.
- Pre-header text: The pre-header text is the snippet of text that appears below or beside the subject line in most email clients. It’s an opportunity to provide additional context to your subject line and entice subscribers to open your email. Keep the pre-header text short and informative, and avoid repeating the subject line.
- Email body: The email body is where you can get creative and showcase your brand’s personality. It should be visually appealing and easy to read, with a clear and concise message. Use images, videos, and other visual elements to break up the text and make the content more engaging.
- Call to action (CTA): The call to action is the button or link that encourages subscribers to take action, such as making a purchase, filling out a form, or signing up for a newsletter. The CTA should be prominently displayed, and the text should be clear and compelling. Use action-oriented language, such as “Shop now” or “Get started,” to encourage subscribers to take action.
- Footer: The footer is the email section at the bottom and usually contains contact information, social media links, and an unsubscribe link. The footer is essential for maintaining compliance with email marketing regulations, such as the CAN-SPAM Act. Make sure to include your company’s contact information, such as the physical address or phone number, and links to your social media profiles.
Best Practices for Creating Email Marketing Templates
Following are five best practices for creating an effective email marketing template:
- Keep it simple and easy to read: Your email marketing template should be visually appealing but also easy to read. Avoid using too many colors or fonts that can distract your subscribers. Stick to a simple and clean design that is easy on the eyes.
- Use visual elements to break up the content: Visual elements such as images, videos, and infographics can make your email marketing template more engaging and exciting to read. They also help break up long text blocks, making the content more digestible.
- Use a clear and concise message: Your email marketing template should have a clear and concise message that is easy to understand. Ensure your message is direct and concise, without unnecessary fluff or jargon.
- Personalize the email template: Personalization is crucial in email marketing. Use your subscriber’s name, location, or any other relevant information to make the email feel more personalized and relevant to them.
- Make it mobile-friendly: With more people accessing their emails on their mobile devices, ensuring your email marketing template is mobile-friendly is essential. Use a responsive design that adjusts to different screen sizes, and make sure the font size and images are optimized for mobile devices.
Best Free Email Marketing Templates
Depending on your product or service, you may need to make some changes, but these templates were designed to be as universal as possible.
And yes, they are 100% original. You won’t find them anywhere else!
These templates cover:
- Welcome new customers or leads
- Recognize your audience’s existing problem
- Educate your audience about a theoretical solution + a soft sell
- Nurture the relationship with cool content
- Sell the product (hard sell)
- Get feedback
With these email marketing templates, you can literally have your first email series up and running in under 30 minutes.
Let’s get started.
1. Welcome New Customers or Leads
Hey there [Name],
I just wanted to say thank you for signing up with [Your Business Name]. I couldn’t be more excited to have you be part of the community!
Over the next several weeks, I’ll be sending you some emails to help you [insert the expected outcome of working with you].
And, of course, here is the [insert lead magnet] as promised!
If you have any questions or feedback, don’t be shy. I’d love to hear from you. Or you can join our [insert social media platform] group. We’ve got loads of people just like you excited to [insert the expected outcome of working with you].
Thanks again, and I’m looking forward to working with you 🙂
2. Recognize Your Audience’s Existing Problem
You know, a few years ago I found myself feeling just like you do right now. I was [insert the negative emotions associated with your problem].
[Insert a funny GIF expressing those emotions].
To be honest, it felt like there was no escape. I know it sounds dramatic, but I would sit up at night just thinking about [insert negative consequences from their problem].
Yeah, I know… I was literally losing sleep over [insert the problem]!
And that’s when it hit me:
I could either be part of the problem or be part of the solution.
Thankfully, I didn’t get too tired to choose the latter. So for the next [insert time here], I went to work. It wasn’t always easy, and I had a lot working against me:
[Insert a bullet point list of obstacles you faced while creating your product]
Now I’m proud to say I’ve made through to the other side, unharmed and better for the journey.
That’s why I’m so excited to help you get there, too! But before we do, I want you to do something for me.
Grab a pen and a piece of paper (yes, we’re going all old-school on this one), and write down:
- Today’s date
- The biggest challenge your facing in [insert your niche here]
- Three fears about what will happen if you don’t hit your goal
If you’re anything like how I used to be, you’d probably see this assignment as “silly” and do it in 5-minutes.
Don’t be like the old me!
Give yourself some time, take this seriously, and really reflect on those questions. Once you have, put that list up on your fridge, office desk, or anywhere else you can see it on a daily basis.
You’ll be getting an email from me tomorrow. But don’t open that email until you’ve created your list and identified your fears of failure. Addressing them head-on will play a major role in your success.
Can’t wait to get started with you!
3. Educate Your Audience About the Theoretical Solution + A Soft Sell
Hey there [Name],
I hope you remembered the instructions from my last email! Right at this very second, you should have a terrifying list hanging up somewhere in your house.
In fact, you should be able to look at it right now.
And if you have NO IDEA what I’m talking about, go back and read my last email. This list is super important for the rest of your journey, so please don’t read ahead until you’ve created it.
Once you have that list at hand, I have some very good news for you: I personally promise that soon enough, your list of fears will make you laugh.
I know, I know, it seems impossible right now. But trust me, things are about to get a whole lot better.
So much better that, again, I promise you’ll be laughing at how silly these fears really are!
How do I know?
Because when I look back at my own list, I can’t help but smile at how distant the problem has become. Since then, I’ve stumbled upon the answer. Whether it was by determination, trial and error, or just dumb luck, I’ve finally learned how to:
[Insert a bullet point list of what benefits your product specifically has toward solving the customer’s problem]
And now my old list of fears has been replaced with a new list:
A list of everything I know I am going to accomplish.
But don’t worry about writing that one, yet. We’ll get there 😉
For now, it’s time we crush this list of fears together. That’s why I created [insert product name]. I did it to specifically to [insert the solution to their problem].
And I know that it works for two reasons:
- It worked for me
- I’ve seen it work for hundreds of customers just like you
[Insert a description of your product here and how it specifically solves their problem]
Now you’re more than welcome to dive in and try it. In fact, for those people who do want to get started right away, I’m offering a [insert a discount or promotion]. I love to see people 100% committed to solving their problems, and as a business owner, I feel an obligation to reward that type of passion in my clients.
But I also understand that some people need more time to get their ducks in a row. And that’s OK!
The point of this email is to give you that little bit of light at the end of the tunnel. To know that you aren’t alone and that if all else fails, there’s a good option waiting for you right here.
So take heart, stay strong, and keep pushing forward one foot at a time. And if you ever need anything, I’ll be here.
All you have to do is write 🙂
Thanks for reading, and I’ll be in touch soon.
4. Nurture the Relationship With Cool Content
Earlier today, I was going through some things I had worked on this past year. I stumbled across something I think you’re going to like.
Scratch that. I KNOW you’re going to LOVE.
It’s a [describe what the content is].
One of the things I specifically remember about this resource was how many people it had helped. To be totally honest, I had written it more for myself than anyone else. But when I shared it publicly, I had tons of clients tell me how useful they found it!
Well, long story short, you reminded me of many of those customers and where they were when they got it.
So I thought I’d share it with you, too 🙂
Ok, time for me to get back to work… Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
5. Sell the Product (a Hard Sell)
I wanted to follow up with you and let you know that the [promotion you offered from email #3] is expiring in the next 24 hours.
It’s not a trick. It’s not a trap. And it’s not a sneaky marketing gimmick.
It’s just the end of a seasonal promotion 🙂
So I thought I’d let you know. I also wanted to quickly tell you about [insert name of successful customer]
[Insert a small case study of a successful customer. Talk about the problem this person had, how nothing had worked until your product, and how your product specifically fixed the problem]
But here’s the funny thing: [insert name of successful customer mentioned above] had the exact same hesitations as you do now.
Why? Because trying something new is scary.
I get that. And do you want to know the total, 100% honest truth?
You might not need [insert product] at all.
Let’s get real here: with all the YouTube videos, blogs, vlogs, and information online, you could probably figure out the answer to your problems all by yourself.
After all, it’s what I did! It just took me [insert a long time here] to do it and had tons of hidden costs involved.
And while I would love to help you fix your problem in a fraction of the time and overall cost, I understand that some people like to go it alone.
Again, I get that.
I just know that [insert the name of the solution] worked for me, [insert name of successful customer], and hundreds of others. And I’m 100% confident it will work for you too.
So if you decide to move forward right now, you can still get the [offer promotion or discount] before it expires. Tomorrow, it will be back at full price but still worth every penny.
Interested? Just head over to [insert URL] and get started today. Remember, every step forward is one more move toward obliterating that list of fears staring menacingly at you each day.
And, as always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to write back. I’d love to hear from you.
6. Get Feedback
Hey there [Name],
I noticed you decided not to take me up on my [insert discount or promotion]. No worries. Not everyone is ready at the same time.
If it’s OK, I’ll still send you some cool content to help you on your journey. We won’t be able to dive as deep as I would like, but I need to reserve some of that energy for my clients who took the leap.
I hope you understand!
That said, I would love to know if there was anything I said or did that kept you from moving toward fixing your problem.
I’ve been known to be my own worst critic, so direct feedback helps me more accurately gauge where I can improve. Would you mind filling out this small feedback form to tell me what I did wrong?
[Insert link to feedback form]
It should only take about 3 minutes to fill out, but it will save me hours of naggingly critical curiosity! If you can find a few moments, I would really appreciate it 🙂
And hey, if you had planned on taking positive action, but it just slipped your mind, I get it. Those things happen. If you reply to this email, I’ll see what I can do about extending [insert promotion or discount here] for up to 3 hours after sending this email.
No reason to punish you just for being human!
Thanks again for reading and, hopefully, taking a few minutes to fill out that feedback form. Your opinions are super valuable to me, and I really appreciate it.
By using these email marketing templates and best practices shared above, you can craft compelling templates and increase your email marketing campaign’s success.
Email List > Email Marketing Templates
The best email copy on the planet won’t do anything for you if you don’t have a list of emails to send it to.
So as great as these email marketing templates might be at getting you higher conversions, they’re useless if you don’t actively grow your email list.
For that, you need a conversion optimization toolkit. And that is our specialty here at OptinMonster.
But you probably already knew that.
The bottom line is that you need to invest in conversion optimization software. With all the digital noise online, capturing your reader’s attention is nearly impossible without help.
Check out these 10 brilliant email marketing examples to further push your strategy. You can learn from these big brands to refine your email marketing strategy.
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely serious about your email marketing strategy. Let us help you get to the next level of success with your online business.