Ever thought of making Instagram videos for your company? Videos are more engaging, more memorable, and more popular than any type of content out there. They’re even more popular than blogs! And the best part is video editing doesn’t have to be complicated. Many Instagram video editing tools on the market don’t require a steep learning curve and will get your videos up in just a few minutes!
In this article, we’ll go over and compare 11 of the best Instagram video editing tools (free and paid).
Why Create Instagram Videos For Your Company?
When Instagram first emerged, it was all about the photos. And while it’s still largely focused on photos today, Instagram has added many ways to share videos to your feed, like Instagram stories and IGTV (aka Instagram TV).
Uploading videos onto your Instagram account can be used to create high-converting campaigns, generate leads, create brand awareness, and build a more personal connection with your followers.
Related Content: Instagram Lead Generation: 12 Insanely Easy Tips to Boost Your ROI
Any type or size of business can create Instagram videos. And, with Instagram’s video editing tools, you won’t need to YouTube “how to add clip” or “how to upload on Instagram.” These tools are designed to make it easy for you.
Best Instagram Video Editing Tools
Here are 11 excellent video editing tools for Instagram—both free and paid. You’re sure to find the right tool (or tools) for you on this list!
The InShot video editing app is made for iPhone and Android users to be able to edit videos quickly on the go. However, the “edit on the go” feature means the app will be limited in what it can do, but it’s simple and easy for anyone to use. On top of video editing, you can make picture collages and add filters to images.
- Lets you easily set frame size for IGTV, stories, or Instagram feed
- Includes necessary basic features such as trimming, cutting, and splitting
- Blurs the background for unused areas
- Lets you add filters, including colors and a variety of cool effects like ghost, glitch, TV, and more
- Includes slow-motion and fast-motion controls
- Lets you add stickers to your videos
- Allows you to easily add text to your videos
- Includes volume control, video rotation and flipping, and music
InShot offers so many features that we could write an entire blog post about it.
Related Content: 103 Blog Post Ideas That Your Readers Will LOVE [Updated]
The only downside to InShot is that if you use the free version, your videos will come with InShot brand logos and a small ad space. You can eliminate this by paying $2.99/month. Paying will also open all of the features, although you can still get by pretty well with what’s offered in the free version.
Who Is InShot Best Suited for?
InShot obviously can’t replace the technicality of software like Adobe Premiere Pro. But if you just want some fun, quick videos for your Instagram that aren’t meant to be extremely professional, InShot is an excellent place to start.
Quik is a video editing app created by GoPro. If you have a GoPro, you should be familiar with Quik as it’s the app where you go to see your GoPro images and videos. But to make a video on Quik, you can also import footage from anywhere, including your camera roll.
You can decide to custom make videos, or let the app make videos for you by gathering moments and putting them together. It looks professional, there’s music, and the cuts and transitions are smooth.
- Imports up to 500 items at a time
- Imports the most common formats such as MOV, MP4, and H264
- Lets you add text and music
- Plays footage in fast or slow-motion
- Allows you to add text overlays, emojis, and title slides
- Chooses video duration based on which social media platform you’re posting it to
- Lets you choose from (almost) endless filters
- Includes size formatting for Instagram
The features offered by Quik are impressive, and there isn’t much you can’t do to create your dream video. It’s nice that you have the option to edit yourself or let the app do it for you.
Quik costs $4.99/month, but you’re invited to a 30-day free trial to try it out first. You also won’t have any ads or brand logos shown on your videos.
Who Is Quik Best Suited for?
Quick can import up to 500 videos at once. If you’re trying to make an IGTV or Instagram video with multiple scenes, this Instagram video editing tool is for you. You don’t need any video editing experience as Quik is easy to piece a bunch of clips together.
Magisto is an Instagram video editing tool that is powered by artificial intelligence. Magisto’s AI will create your videos based on sound and facial recognition, landscapes, and action sequences. Their goal is to create a sequence that will trigger emotional responses from viewers.
Unlike the tools mentioned above, Magisto has the capability of providing you with more customization, almost automatically through AI.
- Allows you to access your media library so you can upload from your videos
- Gives you the option to include animation
- Lets you edit easily with a drag and drop builder
- Adjusts speed for slow and fast-motion
- Lets you use custom branding
- Supports HD resolution with ease
- Gives you the choice of a large variety of filters
- Gives you access to analytics and privacy options
Magisto is one of the most feature-rich tools available for Instagram video creators. The only thing that’s missing is the ability to upload items in bulk.
In terms of pricing, Magisto has 3 separate plans, all with different features included. The plan you choose will depend on your business needs and how serious you are with video marketing. Here are the plans:
- Premium: $4.99/month
- Professional: $9.99/month
- Business: $34.99/month
Who Is Magisto Best Suited for?
Magisto is for people who want to produce more than just a basic video. It’s best suited for small to medium businesses looking for the most features and customization options to turn their videos into scroll stoppers.
Most Instagram users record their videos in portrait mode since it’s best-suited for Instagram, and you’re able to fill the entire screen of a user’s phone. However, almost every other platform supports videos shot in horizontal. If you want your Instagram videos to match your YouTube or Twitter videos, Horizon will avoid shooting in portrait mode no matter how you hold the camera.
You can tilt the camera up, down, back and forth, and the captured video will always be in horizontal. This helps tremendously in ensuring your horizontal videos look clean and professional.
- Lets you use a horizontal viewfinder
- Adds feeling to your creations with real-time filters
- Gives you options to upload items or record footage directly on the app
- Shoots in slow or fast-motion
- Shoots in 2k resolution
- Gives you an in-app tutorial on how to capture and edit your first videos
Horizon offers a free version for Android users. However, the features are limited, and you can only record video clips up to 15 seconds. They also have a watermark in the bottom corner, and each video ends with a Horizon brand advertisement. Having said that, investing $1 to unlock all features and have no advertisements might be worth it.
iOS users still don’t have access to a free version and will pay a one-time payment of $1.99. When you pay for the iOS version, you’ll unlock all features right away.
Who Is Horizon Best Suited for?
Horizon will best benefit Instagram users who prefer a horizontal view on their videos.
Previously referred to as Adobe Premiere Clip, Adobe Premiere Rush is a free video editing app that’s connected with Adobe Premiere Pro.
They offer 2 forms of editing to cater to your needs: freeform and automatic. Freeform mode will let you take control and do all of the editing yourself while automatic mode will create the video for you with smooth transitions and selected footage clipping.
- Lets you sync everything to the cloud
- Transfers your work into Adobe Premiere Pro and edit further
- Downloads on any device
- Exports optimized for all social platforms, including Instagram
- Includes some features found in Adobe Premiere Pro like built-in transitions, filters, and text are available
- Allows you to make your own videos or let the app make it for you
Like Magisto, AI powers Adobe Premiere Rush, which they call Adobe Sensei. This AI will capture all of the best moments of your clips and mash them together automatically. However, it can also make the footage a bit rocky by cutting to different clips at random moments, resulting in the video making no sense at all.
The app is free to download and use, but only comes with 2GB of storage. If you need more than that, you can pay $9.99/month for the Premiere Rush Single App.
Who Is Adobe Premiere Rush Best Suited for?
If you already have other Adobe products downloaded, this app will feel familiar to you in terms of editing. Their freeform mode is one of the most versatile tools for creating high quality, customized videos.
If you’re looking to bring some real fun into your Instagram video editing, look no further. Boomerang is different than the Instagram video editing tools mentioned above.
Instead of making a formal video, you can make your own GIFS and short videos using a sequence of 10 pictures. All you need to do is select 10 photos, and the app will loop them automatically into a mini video. This allows you to get creative and make engaging videos quickly.
- Allows you to post your video directly to Instagram from the app
- Lets you create short, engaging videos
- Allows access easily with no separate sign-up or creating an account required
- Saves videos to your camera roll and upload them later
The Boomerang app is free and easy to use and set up. You’ll be limited to Instagram’s features, so you won’t have very many customization options other than adding filters, music, text, and stickers. However, Boomerang isn’t for editing professional videos, so the features that come with it are pretty much all you’ll need.
Who Is Boomerang Best Suited for?
Anyone can and should use Boomerang. Whether you have a huge company or you’re just starting out, it’s a great way to engage with your audience and show people that you’re playful.
Designed for iOS users, iMovie may be the easiest to use Instagram video editing tool for you. It’s a well organized, user-friendly interface that helps you create good quality videos with many great editing features. You can take control and edit on your own with the movie option, or let iMovie edit for you with the trailer option.
- Allows you to stay organized by putting all your content in different media libraries
- Includes access to 30 video filters and 20 audio filters
- Matches color to make your video look more consistent and tweak the white balance
- Supports HD and 4K
- Includes a stability feature, which most Instagram editing tools don’t have
- Lets you share easily with social media platforms
All of these features come at no cost as iMovie is free.
Who is iMovie Best Suited for?
iMovie is great for beginners who are looking for something simple that still gives you good video quality. Unfortunately, it’s only available to iOS users.
WeVideo is a great video editing tool that’s cloud-based, making it accessible by anyone, anywhere in the world, at any time. Because of this handy feature, there are over 30 million existing accounts. And, if you’re looking for more than just a quick and simple editor, WeVideo has plans that include features to take your videos to the next level.
- Allows different people to get in there and make edits on the same footage with its cloud-based feature
- Includes compatible on almost any device including Windows, Mac, IOS, Android, and Chromebook
- Creates square, vertical, and horizontal videos
- Includes features like green screen, screen recording, speed effects, and licensed music
WeVideo offers 5 plans. The most basic plan is free, but as you can imagine, it doesn’t provide many features. You’ll get 1GB of cloud storage, and only be allowed 5 minutes of publish time per month. If your business is planning on getting serious about uploading videos on Instagram, it would be beneficial to invest in a paid plan.
Here is a look at the paid plans:
- Power: $4.99/month
- Unlimited: $7.99/month
- Professional: $17.99/month
- Business: $29.99/month
The power plan only gives you 30 minutes of publish time per month. But publish time is unlimited with all of the other plans. All of the plans offer a single-seat license except the business plan, which offers a team license with 3 seats.
Who Is WeVideo Best Suited for?
WeVideo is an excellent option for small to medium businesses looking to create high-quality videos for Instagram. Its simple interface and iCloud sharing makes it an enjoyable video editing tool all around. The iCloud feature also makes it easier for remote companies to share and edit projects.
9. Apple Clips
Apple Clips was created by Apple as a dead-simple, “what you see is what you get” video editing app. It’s feature-rich but doesn’t offer many advanced options for those looking to take their editing beyond the starting line. However, the simple functionality of Apple Clips is precisely the reason why people prefer to use it.
- Lets you edit videos with straightforward controls
- Allows for creativity with fun stickers, emojis, and posters
- Adds music from your library, or choose from Apple Clips tracks
- Records in-app and drag and pinch to zoom in or out
- Shares directly to Instagram or any other social platforms
As is the case with most of Apple’s products, you must have an iOS device to download it. Apple Clips supports any iOS device. However, to be able to use all the features, you must have an iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation), or the 2017 iPad Pro or later.
And the best part is that Apple Clips is 100% free!
Who Is Apple Clips Best Suited for?
Apple Clips best suits iOS users who are looking for an easy Instagram video editing tool that allows for plenty of creativity but doesn’t overwhelm the user with complicated features.
If you’re interested in photography, you probably already have a VSCO account or at least have heard about it. In 2017, VSCO upped its game by creating a video editor. It’s relatively new, but it’s a great tool to use for your Instagram videos.
Having a VSCO account also gives you access to their VSCO community, where you can get access to a huge network of other creative users.
- Includes a library with 200+ presets
- Offers advanced editing tools like HSL (high-speed link) and borders
- Shares your work for a chance to be curated on the VSCO community
- Gives you access to tutorials with tips and tricks to help you develop your skills further
- Lets you upload anything with no size or length limitations
- Uploads 4K videos up to 30 frames per second, and 60 frames per second up to 1080
VSCO offers a 7-day free trial so you can decide if it’s worth it for you. After your free trial, you’ll pay a low price of $19.99 per year with access to the video and image editor.
Who Is VSCO Best Suited for?
If you’re already familiar with VSCO, this could be the easiest Instagram video editing tool for you. VSCO doesn’t cost much, and you also get access to an active community of users. VSCO also offers the most presets out of any other tool.
FilmoraGo is a free video editing app to spice up your Instagram videos. This app was worth the mention because it’s free, and it doesn’t add any branded watermarks or advertising to your videos. There’s also no limit on the length of video you can record, edit, or share.
- Imports videos from camera roll or social networks like Instagram and Facebook
- Offers many stylish features that look professional
- Includes a library of licensed songs that you can choose from, or you can import your own
- Exports to the 1:1 Instagram ratio
- Allows you to reverse, speed up or slow down your video
- Lets you choose built-in transitions, add text and add still and motion features
FilmoraGo has all the ingredients to make an entertaining, visually appealing Instagram video. Plus, the fact that you won’t get watermarks, ads, or a time limit on your video is everything.
FilmoraGo is entirely free, and you’ll only pay extra if you want additional unique features like holiday and retro effects.
Who Is FilmoraGo Best Suited for?
FilmoraGo is for anyone looking for a cheap, simple way to make fun Instagram videos. However, it’s not the most developed app out there. If you’re a company looking to create super polished videos through heavy editing, it would be more beneficial to go with something like Adobe Premiere Rush. That way, you can connect to Adobe Premiere Pro, which could support heavier edits.
Which Instagram Video Editing Tool Is Right For You?
With all of these options, it’s hard to pinpoint which one will provide you with the best package to create successful Instagram videos. Luckily, most of them are free or come with a free trial that will allow you to test before making the purchase. Having said that, get out there and experiment a little before settling on one.
Want more direction? We’ve got you covered.
Best Free Instagram Video Editing Tool: iMovie is our pick for free Instagram video editing tools because of its easy-to-use interface and stabilization feature. However, if you don’t have an iOS device, FilmoraGo can be used on any device and offers the same features except for stabilization.
Best Paid Instagram Video Editing Tool: Magisto is feature-rich and lets you create amazing videos through its flexible customization and AI intelligence.
Best Instagram Video Editing Tools for Beginners: InShot is our favorite Instagram video editing tool for beginners because it’s so simple and easy to use, you get quite a few features, and if you want more features you can upgrade your free account to a paid version for $2.99/month.
Bottom line, creating and sharing videos on Instagram is beneficial to your company and a great way to engage with your audience through visuals.
There are also plenty of other ways you can use videos in your marketing strategy. For example, with OptinMonster, you can add videos directly to your popups by copying and pasting your video’s YouTube link right into your campaign editor. Adding visuals to your popups like this lets the customer know more about you, and will lead to more conversions.
Did you enjoy this article? Check out How to Make Money on Instagram (Without 10K Followers).