Are you looking for the best managed WordPress hosting plans?
If you have a large website, a managed hosting provider is a great option, and they’ll take care of all the technical aspects of your site.
However, it can be overwhelming to find the right managed WordPress hosting company for your site.
In this article, we’ll cover the advantages of managed hosting, plus we’ll compare the best managed WordPress hosting options.
Should You Use Managed WordPress Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosts manage the technical side of running your WordPress website. They take care of site speed, security, daily backups, scalability, uptime, and WordPress updates.
Your site’s performance is crucial if you want to optimize your user experience (UX).
And the purpose of managed WordPress hosting is to provide a hassle-free experience for you, so you can focus on running your business instead of worrying about your website.
Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of managed WordPress hosting.
- Lightning Fast with No Downtime: Managed WordPress hosting servers and data centers can handle a ton of traffic without facing any downtime.
- Security and Backups: These hosting providers have robust security and daily backups in place to protect your site.
- Expert Support: Managed WordPress hosting providers will be able to help you solve problems faster because they’re WordPress experts.
- Automatic Updates: Your site is automatically updated to the latest version of WordPress, as well as your theme and plugins.
Since they manage these things for you, you get lesser control over changing them. And some users may prefer having more control over their site like access to the WordPress control panel.
But if you want your site to run smoothly with minimal work from your end, then managed WordPress hosting is your best option.
What to Look For in a Managed WordPress Host
When you’re looking for the best managed WordPress hosting, there are a few things you’ll want to consider:
- Is the hosting provider offering speed, reliability, and security?
- Will they do daily backups of your site?
- Are you getting a free SSL and CDN (Content Delivery Network)?
- Does the provider have an outstanding customer support team?
Now that you know what to look for, let’s jump into the list of the best managed WordPress hosting options.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
In this section, we’re going to tell you all about the best managed WordPress hosting we’ve found so you can make an informed decision before choosing one for your site.
Bluehost is a hosting platform that offers both shared and managed hosting for your site. It’s also recommended by WordPress.org. The WordPress-optimized service is called Bluehost Optimized, and that’s the service we’ll be talking about here.
Bluehost Optimized includes a free domain with all their plans, as well as a free CDN and free SSL certificate. They also take care of daily backups, security firewall, staging/test sites, and business email.
- Manage everything from enhanced cPanel
- Free domain name and SSL certificate with hosting plan
- 100+ free WordPress themes
- Marketing Center so you can view traffic/blog traffic and social media from dashboard
- Jetpack site analytics
- Malware detection and removal
- Page caching
- One-click WordPress site launch
- SEO tooling
Pricing: Managed WordPress hosting plans start at $19.95/month for unlimited sites, unlimited storage, and no traffic limits.
SiteGround is another popular and highly-rated hosting cloud platform for small businesses. They offer both shared and managed WordPress hosting and are one of the hosting environments recommended by WordPress.org.
With SiteGround, you get access to the latest technologies to ensure that your WordPress site is fast and secure. They also offer 1-click staging, version control, automatic WordPress updates, SSL certificates, free Cloudflare CDN, and more.
They offer different hosting plans to meet your needs and allow you to scale with your company’s growth.
- Free site migration
- Developer toolkit with WP-CLI, SSH, PHP version control, and Git integration
- Collaboration tools
- Unlimited email accounts
- Managed cloud hosting
- Let’s Encrypt certificates
Pricing: Plans start at $3.95/month for a 1 site with 10GB space and up to 10,000 visits per month. They also offer a 14-day money-back guarantee. This gives you peace of mind as you test out their products and services.
We recommend a minimum of the Grow Big plan that starts at $5.95/month for unlimited sites, 20GB space, and up to 25,000 visits per month and access to all the features.
3. WP Engine
WP Engine is fast, reliable, and hassle-free. It’s one of the most popular managed hosts around, and for good reason. Your website is hosted on powerful servers and is basically hacker-proof.
Plus, WP Engine offers excellent hosting and WordPress support (including chat support), so it’s perfect for bloggers or marketers who need advanced help on the tech side.
This managed WordPress hosting solution includes daily automated backups, a free SSL certificate, a CDN, automatic updates, a 1-click staging area (test site), and top-of-the-line site security, among other things.
With WP Engine, you also get the Genesis Framework and 35+ StudioPress themes for free. That makes it a great option for busy business owners running an online store.
- Development, staging, and production environments
- Genesis Framework and more than 35 StudioPress themes
- Transferable sites to start a website for free then switch to a paid plan
- LargeFS for unlimited media storage
- Real-time, page-level reporting and analytics
- Lots of addon services to create the best managed WordPress hosting plan for your business
Pricing: Starts at $35/month for 1 site with 10GB local storage and up to 25,000 visits per month.
You can add additional sites to your plan for $20/month or upgrade to a higher plan for additional sites, storage, and visits per month.
HostGator is a well-known shared hosting provider, but they offer hosting to high traffic sites with HostGator Cloud.
They have an easy-to-understand dashboard so you can manage your site, as well as cPanel for management of your email, domains, and more.
- Free migration
- Automated daily database backups with file-level restore
- Automatic malware removal
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited email
Pricing: Plans start at $4.95/month for 1 site and unmetered storage and bandwidth.
DreamPress is the managed WordPress hosting service from web host giant DreamHost. It’s also recommended by WordPress.org.
With DreamPress, you get 1-click WordPress installation and automatic updates, unlimited space and bandwidth, a custom dashboard, and free SSDs.
- Unmetered bandwidth
- WP Website Builder
- SSL certificate pre-installed
- Automated daily backups with 1-click restore
- 1-click staging environments
Pricing: Plans for managed WordPress hosting start at $16.95/month for 1 site, 30GB SSD storage, and up to 100,000 visits (unmetered).
6. Liquid Web
Liquid Web is a fully-managed web hosting provider famous for fast and high-quality support. Their hosting servers offer speed to ensure best page load time.
They also take care of WordPress security and they even offer managed WooCommerce hosting service.
Their managed WordPress hosting service comes with an image optimization plugin, staging sites, automatic updates, and a dashboard that makes it easy to manage all of your sites in one place.
- No pageview or traffic limits
- Automatic daily backups
- Full server access
- Developer tools
- SSL certificates
Pricing: Pricing starts at $29/month for 1 site, 20GB SSD storage, and 5TB bandwidth (so, basically unlimited).
Upgrade for more sites and storage.
What Is the Best Managed WordPress Hosting Plan?
After comparing the features of the best managed WordPress hosting plans, we highly recommend BlueHost. It has everything you need for a hassle-free managed WordPress hosting solution. A fast, well-run website is also the key to improving lead generation on your site.
We hope this article helped you choose the best managed WordPress hosting for your site. If you’re looking for ways to automate more tasks on your website, you’ll be interested in what OptinMonster has to offer.
OptinMonster is the #1 lead generation tool to convert visitors into subscribers and customers. You can create lead generation campaigns in minutes and then connect it to your email provider such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and Sendinblue.
In this way, you can grow your email list exponentially and create long-lasting relationships with your subscribers and customers.
OptinMonster comes with ready to use templates and a drag and drop builder that makes it easy to set up these high-converting campaigns in minutes.
Here’s what you’ll love about OptinMonster:
- 50+ beautiful templates with a drag and drop builder to set up and customize campaigns in minutes
- 9 campaign types including popups, floating bars, inline forms, slide-ins, and gamified wheels
- Powerful targeting features to segment your audience and display campaigns that they’ll respond to
- A/B testing and analytics to track perform and results
- Tons of email provider integrations to automate your lead generation and email marketing campaigns
Once you set up OptinMonster campaigns, they’ll run on their own and do the work for you. You can then check out the results and find what works best and what your audience is interested in.
Then, you can use this data to get better campaign results and maximize your conversion rates.
We hope you like this article on managed WordPress hosting, and if so, you might find these resources useful:
- 10 Best Drag And Drop Page Builders For WordPress in 2021 (Expert Pick)
- 5 Best CDN Providers to Speed Up Your Website (In-Depth Comparison)
- 15 Ecommerce UX Best Practices to Explode Your Sales
Now that you have your managed hosting plan all figured out, you’re ready to run a successful website. And if you want to get started on building your email list, sign up for OptinMonster today!