To get the most out of OptinMonster, we’ve put together the following checklist to guide you through creating your first campaign.
Using WordPress? Please follow our WordPress-specific Getting Started checklist instead.
- Create your first campaign.
- Connect your campaign to Google Analytics so you can immediately track impressions and conversions – Note: this step is required for access to any campaign statistics.
- To embed the campaign on your site, we provide a number of guides for popular platforms, or you can refer to our General Guide.
- Optional: you can target which pages of your site to show the campaign on using our Page Targeting tool in the campaign builder.
When you’re ready to take your campaign to the next level:
- Split-Testing your campaign helps you improve conversions by testing different colors, copy, configuration settings and more.
- Page Level Targeting: OptinMonster’s Display Rules are very powerful. For an alternative set of page targeting options, you can also use Google Tag Manager to control when and where on your site the campaign appears.
- Cookie Configuration: OptinMonster makes it easy to set both individual and global cookies, controlling how often visitors see your campaign.
- MonsterLinks: You can show your campaign with the click of a link or button on your site with MonsterLinks.
- Downloadable File Delivery: There are many ways you can deliver downloadable content when using OptinMonster.
- Yes/No campaigns: If you don’t want to collect email addresses you can easily change the default form to a yes/no campaign instead.
- Mobile: Create a mobile campaign to show to mobile visitors.
Note: mobile options require a Pro subscription.