OptinMonster makes it easy to trigger a campaign to popup with the click of a link or button on your site. Create a 2-step optin campaign from any link on your site using our MonsterLink™ feature.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a MonsterLink™ to show a campaign with the click of a button or link.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- MonsterLink™ feature is available with a Pro or higher subscription.
- A MonsterLink™ can be used with any popup type campaign (e.g. Lightbox, Fullscreen, Floating Bar, and Slide-In). They cannot be used with Inline campaigns.
- A MonsterLink™ is one of our most effective campaign triggers, easily increasing conversions by 2x or more.
- A MonsterLink™ will ignore all other Display Rules configured and always show the campaign when the MonsterLink™ is selected.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster you can rapidly increase conversions by triggering it to appear using a MonsterLink™.
To create a MonsterLink™, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules view in the campaign builder.
- When adding a new rule, select MonsterLink™ from the Trigger menu.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
Once you’ve created a MonsterLink™, you’ll want to add it to your website.
You can find the MonsterLink™ code to add to your site from:
- Within the Display Rules screen next to the MonsterLink™ rule you configured in the previous section of this article.
- Alternatively, from the Publish screen in the campaign builder within the Click to Load tab.
Place the MonsterLink™ code within your site content where you wish to have it appear.
WordPress Required Step
If you are using the WordPress OptinMonster WordPress plugin, please follow these steps to ensure you can add your MonsterLink™ anywhere on your site:
- Navigate to the WordPress Admin Dashboard > OptinMonster screen and confirm the campaign you’ve configured to appear by MonsterLink™ is set to Published status.
- Within the Output Settings for the same campaign, ensure all Advanced Output Settings are disabled.
You can add a MonsterLink™ as a text link, button link, or even a clickable image. The following are examples of each to help you get started.
This text MonsterLink™ is an example of adding the MonsterLink™ as text on your page and uses the default MonsterLink™ code.
<a href="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/aclizd4ba0gfjv9u1hhu/" target="_blank">Subscribe Now!</a>
Very similar implementation to the text link, but this time you use it to make a button. The default button design depends on your CSS on your site.
<a href="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/aclizd4ba0gfjv9u1hhu/" target="_blank" class="button">Subscribe Now!</a>
buttonas a class while others use alternative naming conventions. Refer to your theme’s documentation for information about button classes.
In this example, we’ll place an image inside of our MonsterLink™ instead of text to trigger the campaign to appear when the image is selected.
<a href="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/aclizd4ba0gfjv9u1hhu/" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.example.com/image.jpg" alt="Call to action text in case your image doesn't load." height="" width="" /></a>
Show Different Campaign on Mobile
In this example, we’ll show one campaign on Desktop / Tablet devices and a different campaign on Mobile devices using the data-mobile-slug attribute.
<a href="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/aclizd4ba0gfjv9u1hhu/" data-mobile-slug="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/dbceszydjgz4zygaaq3y/" target="_blank">Subscribe Now!</a>
If you’re serious about jumpstarting your website business growth, then get started with OptinMonster today!
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
Can I split-test a MonsterLink™?
Yes, you can Split-Test a MonsterLink™.
Be sure to copy the MonsterLink™ for the primary campaign in your split-test.
If you change which campaign is the primary in your split-test be sure to update the MonsterLink™ on your site to use the new primary.
Can I have one campaign for desktop users and another campaign for mobile/tablet users on the same MonsterLink™?
Yes! To do this you’ll use the data-mobile-slug attribute to add the campaign you wish to show on Mobile devices. Like this:
<a href="https://app.monstercampaigns.com/c/aclizd4ba0gfjv9u1hhu/" data-mobile-slug="dbceszydjgz4zygaaq3y" target="_blank">Subscribe Now!</a>
In WordPress, why does the MonsterLink™ show up as code on the page?
Be sure to add your MonsterLink™ using the text editor and not the visual editor.
If you’re using Gutenburg, you’ll want to add a Custom HTML block.
Can all campaign types be made into a MonsterLink™?
All popup-type campaigns can be made into a MonsterLink™, e.g. Lightbox, Fullscreen, Floating Bar, and Slide-in.
Inline campaigns which don’t pop up but rather show in the page’s content cannot be made into a MonsterLink™.
Can I create a landing page where people can signup for my Campaign?
Yes! This can be done using our Shareable MonsterLink™ feature.