Do you want to add a privacy notice or a “We do not spam!” statement to your campaign? Do you need a specific privacy statement in your OptinMonster campaign to give confidence to your website visitors?
In this article, you will learn how add a privacy notice to your campaign.
Add Privacy Notice
To add a privacy notice to your campaign, follow these steps:
- From the Design view of the campaign builder select the optin fields element and click on the Add New Field button in the sidebar.
- Next, select Privacy Notice from the popup modal.
- The campaign will automatically show the new field in your campaign and you can now customize it using the options in the sidebar.
- (Optional) To show a checkbox field next to the Privacy Notice, select the Advanced settings icon and toggle the Privacy Checkbox? option. If enabled, this field is required before the campaign can be submitted.
- (Optional) You can reposition the Privacy Notice relative to other fields in the form by selecting the three dot icon and dragging it to a new position.
- When you’re finished, Save your campaign.
How can I customize the style of the checkbox using CSS?
You can use the following CSS to get started styling the checkbox field. This example will make sure the checkbox field stays at the top line if your privacy message spans multiple lines:
Which campaign types and templates support the privacy notice?
All campaign types and templates support the privacy notice.
Is the privacy notice checkbox optional or required?
When the checkbox is displayed, it is a required field and cannot be made optional.