OptinMonster offers seamless integration with Campaign Monitor email marketing service. Connecting OptinMonster to your Campaign Monitor email list is very easy.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect Campaign Monitor with OptinMonster.
Before you start, as a best practice, we recommend you also connect your campaigns to Monster Leads as a backup.
Connect Campaign Monitor
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you intend to collect leads with you’ll want to integrate with one or more services to send those leads to.
To send leads to Campaign Monitor, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations view in the campaign builder, search for and select Campaign Monitor.
- Next, select the Register Campaign Monitor button at the top of the integration section to begin authorization.
- A new window will open and you’ll be prompted to securely log into your Campaign Monitor account.
- Once logged-in, you’ll be asked to allow OptinMonster permission to connect to your Campaign Monitor account. Select Allow Access to grant permission.
- Return to the OptinMonster campaign builder, enter a Campaign Monitor Account Name (*internal use only), then select the Connect to Campaign Monitor button.
*The Campaign Monitor Account Name can be anything that helps you identify the specific integration within OptinMonster. It’s possible to add more than one Campaign Monitor integration to your account and this is an easy way to differentiate between them when assigning integrations to individual campaigns.
- Required: Once the Campaign Monitor integration has been connected select the Campaign Monitor Client you wish to send leads to from the Email Provider Clients field.
- Required: Next, select the Campaign Monitor List you wish to send leads to from the Email Provider Lists field.
- Optional: You can also enable the Resubscribe Leads? option.
- When you’re finished, Save your campaign.
Add Extra Fields
Our native Campaign Monitor integration supports the following fields:
To add more fields to your campaign you’ll want to build the form as you wish it to appear using the Campaign Monitor form builder, and add it to your campaign using our Form Embed block.
To send emails automatically to new leads you’ll want to configure email automations within your Campaign Monitor account.
The following guides from Campaign Monitor may be helpful to get started:
- How to Grow Your Business With Email Marketing Automation
- The Marketing Automation Essentials
- Email Automation Best Practices
- Campaign Monitor 101: Automation Journeys
We strongly recommend you test the optin form before publishing your campaign to ensure it is working as you expect.
Before you begin, please be aware of the following details when testing Campaign Monitor integrations:
- Previously submitted or already subscribed leads may be treated differently by Campaign Monitor than new leads. For this reason, we recommend using a completely unique email address each time you test submit your campaign’s form. You can use a free tool like TempMail.io or learn how to create unlimited unique email addresses from a single Gmail account.
- If the lead is captured in Campaign Monitor but you do not receive any automated emails it indicates the integration from OptinMonster to Campaign Monitor is correct, and the issue is with the automated email configuration. Campaign Monitor controls email automation exclusively. If you require assistance in troubleshooting email automations we recommend reaching out to Campaign Monitor support directly.
If you are configuring a Gamified spin-to-win campaign, spin-a-wheel support is not available at this time to send the coupon data to ActiveCampaign.
If you’re serious about jumpstarting your website business growth, then get started with OptinMonster today!
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
Can I send leads to more than one Client or List?
Yes! See our Lead Sharing guide to accomplish this.
How do I configure single or double opt-in?
See our guide on single vs. double opt-in.
Is it possible for me to add a phone field to my campaign?
Yes! You can add a phone field. Learn how to capture phone numbers with OptinMonster.
The campaign is capturing leads but shows 0 conversions in analytics.
Confirm that conversion tracking is turned on for the submit button in your campaign. See our guide on How to Enable Conversion Tracking.