OptinMonster offers seamless integration with DotDigital email marketing service. Connecting OptinMonster to your DotDigital email list is very easy.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect DotDigital with OptinMonster.
All subscription plans can add custom forms using the Form Embed block.
Before you start, as a best practice we recommend you also connect your campaigns to Monster Leads as a backup.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you intend to collect leads with, you’ll want to integrate with one or more services to send those leads to.
To send leads to DotDigital, follow these steps:
- Before you start, you’ll need a DotDigital API Key. You can generate and copy an API Key from your DotDigital account following this guide.
- Navigate to the Integrations view in the campaign builder, search for and select DotDigital.
- Enter a DotDigital Account Name (*internal use only) and your DotDigital API Key in the appropriate fields, then select the Connect to DotDigital button.
*The DotDigital Account Name can be anything that helps you identify the specific integration within OptinMonster. It’s possible to add more than one DotDigital integration to your account and this is an easy way to differentiate between them when assigning integrations to individual campaigns.
- Required: Once the DotDigital integration has been connected select the DotDigital Address Book you wish to send leads to from the Email Provider Address Books field.
- Optional: You can also configure the Enable Double Opt-in? option.
- When you’re finished, Save your campaign.
Add Extra Fields
Our native DotDigital integration supports the following fields:
To add more fields to your campaign you’ll want to build the form as you wish it to appear using the DotDigital form builder, and add it to your campaign using our Form Embed block.
To send emails automatically to new leads you’ll want to configure email automations within your DotDigital account.
The following guides from DotDigital may be helpful to get started:
- What is marketing automation?
- Marketing automation: how to start automating emails
- Automated and triggered campaigns: an overview
- Create, test, and send an email campaign
- Create a triggered campaign
- Getting started with the program builder
We strongly recommend you test the optin form before publishing your campaign to ensure it is working as you expect.
Before you begin, please be aware of the following details when testing DotDigital integrations:
- Previously submitted or already subscribed leads may be treated differently by DotDigital than new leads. For this reason, we recommend using a completely unique email address each time you test submit your campaign’s form. You can use a free tool like TempMail.io or learn how to create unlimited unique email addresses from a single Gmail account.
- If the lead is captured in DotDigital but you do not receive any automated emails it indicates the integration from OptinMonster to DotDigital is correct, and the issue is with the automated email configuration. DotDigital controls email automation exclusively. If you require assistance in troubleshooting email automations we recommend reaching out to DotDigital support directly.
If you are configuring a Gamified spin-to-win campaign, Spin-a-Wheel support is automatically enabled. This will pass the Coupon Label and Coupon Code to DotDigital as custom fields with each lead.
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
Can I send leads to more than one Campaign?
Yes! See our Lead Sharing guide to accomplish this.
How do I configure single or double opt-in?
You can enable or disable double opt-in under the Lead Options section for the integration (step 8 above).
Also, see our guide on single vs. double opt-in.
Is it possible for me to add a phone field to my campaign?
Yes! You can add a phone field. Learn how to capture phone numbers with OptinMonster.
The campaign is capturing leads but shows 0 conversions in analytics.
Confirm that conversion tracking is turned on for the submit button in your campaign. See our guide on How to Enable Conversion Tracking.