OptinMonster offers seamless integration with iContact email marketing service. Connecting OptinMonster to your iContact email list is very easy.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect iContact with OptinMonster.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- As a best practice, we recommend you also connect your campaigns to Monster Leads as a backup.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you intend to collect leads with you’ll want to integrate with one or more services to send those leads to.
To send leads to iContact, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab in the campaign builder.
- Click Add New Integration.
- Search for and select iContact from the dropdown field.
- Next, select Register with iContact.
- A new window will open and you’ll be prompted by iContact to log into your account. Enter your iContact account credentials and select Log In.
- Once you’re logged in, provide a name and description for your app. This can be anything that helps you identify the app. Then select Get App ID to continue.
- Next, select the change your API password for this AppID link to continue.
- iContact will now show you the App ID and will ask you to create a password for this app. This is an app-specific password and it should be different from your iContact password. After entering a password select Save.
- You’ll be provided with an Application ID to copy and paste into the provided field in the OptinMonster campaign builder.
- Back in the OptinMonster campaign builder add a unique label for easy identification (internal use only).
You will also enter your iContact account Username, the Application ID and Application Password you just created in the previous steps.
- (Optional) You can optionally enter a Client Folder ID for your iContact integration.
- Next, select the Connect to iContact button.
- Once connected, select the email list you want to add new subscribers to.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
How do I configure single or double opt-in?
See our guide on single vs. double opt-in for iContact.
Is it possible for me to add a Phone Field to my campaign?
Yes! You can add a phone field. Check out how to capture phone numbers with OptinMonster.