OptinMonster offers seamless integration with MailPoet (Wysija) email marketing plugin for WordPress. Connecting OptinMonster to your MailPoet email list is very easy.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect OptinMonster with your MailPoet account.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- The MailPoet integration is only available if your website is built on WordPress.
- Be sure to install and activate the MailPoet (Wysija) WordPress plugin.
- As a best practice, we recommend you also connect your campaigns to Monster Leads as a backup.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you intend to collect leads with you’ll want to integrate with one or more services to send those leads to.
To send leads to MailPoet, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab in the campaign builder.
- Click Add New Integration.
- Search for and select MailPoet from the dropdown field.
- Add a unique label for easy identification (internal use only) and select the Connect to Mailpoet button.
- Next, login to your WordPress admin.
- Next, navigate to OptinMonster > Campaigns tab to see your available campaigns.
- Click Edit Output Settings for the campaign you wish to configure.
- On the next screen, enable the Save Leads to MailPoet option.
- Choose the list you wish to send subscribers to.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Can I use shareable MonsterLinks if I integrate with MailPoet?
No, unfortunately, it is not possible to use our shareable MonsterLink feature with any campaign that is integrated with MailPoet. Doing so will result in lost leads.
How do I configure single or double opt-in?
See our guide on single vs. double opt-in for Mailpoet.
Do I need to use the OptinMonster API plugin to subscribe leads to MailPoet?
Yes! It’s not possible to subscribe leads to MailPoet using OptinMonster without the OptinMonster API plugin to control where on your site your campaign loads.
Is it possible for me to add a phone field to my campaign?
No, at this time our native MailPoet integration does not support the phone field. You can still collect phone numbers by using a MailPoet form and shortcode instead.