OptinMonster makes it easy to hide or show campaigns based on the Session Storage data in your visitor’s browser.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use OptinMonster’s Display Rules to hide or show a campaign based on Session Storage.
Before you start, Session Storage targeting is available with a Pro or higher subscription.
Configure Session Storage Rule
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster you can configure it to be shown or hidden based on a visitor’s Session Storage data.
To configure the Session Storage rule, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules view in the campaign builder.
- Next, when adding or editing a rule select Who (Personalization) from the left-hand list and select the Session Storage Targeting option.
- Configure the Key and Value operators and fields as you require.
- The following match options are available:
- When you’re finished, Save the campaign.
What is Session Storage?
Session Storage objects are small pieces of data stored in the web browser, similar to cookies or Local Storage objects, are unique to a specific site and can be accessed by typing `window.sessionStorage` in a browser console.
Session Storage objects have no expiration date and are cleared once the user closes the browser window.
All Session Storage objects have a key and a value. For example, a Session Storage object could be
How do I set Session Storage data on my site?
This question is best answered by your web developer, as it depends on your site’s structure, coding language, and goals.
Here are a few articles to help you learn how to do this effectively: