OptinMonster makes it easy to show campaigns on specific devices. You can create campaigns to target just mobile or non-mobile visitors and more.
In this article, you’ll learn how to show campaigns on desktop and mobile devices.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Mobile campaign templates require a Pro or higher subscription.
- Device targeting requires a Plus or higher subscription.
- If you choose a mobile template when creating your campaign, it will show only to mobile visitors with no option to target other devices.
- This article covers specific settings in the Display Rules. If you’re just getting started we recommend reading our general Display Rule documentation first.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster you can optimize the design and target only mobile traffic on your site using our mobile templates.
To create a mobile campaign, follow these steps:
- From the OptinMonster Dashboard, select the Create New Campaign button.
- On the next screen, you’ll choose the campaign type and template you want to use. In the filter options, choose Mobile to view mobile-specific campaign templates.
- Once you’ve chosen the template you want to use, finish creating your campaign as usual. The new mobile campaign will show only to mobile visitors with no option to target other devices.
What is Device Targeting
Unless you’ve chosen a mobile template when creating your campaign, by default it will show on all devices (phone, tablet, and desktop).
You can use the device targeting rule in the Display Rules to show or hide your campaign on specific devices.
To target your campaign to specific devices, follow these steps:
- In the campaign builder, navigate to the Display Rules view.
- Begin editing your rules and when adding a new rule choose visitor’s device from the dropdown.
- In the next dropdown, select is or is not to determine how you want to match the device rule.
- You’ll then have the option to choose which device you want to target from the third dropdown. Choose from Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
How do I target just mobile phones but not tablets?
The Mobile option targets mobile phones only.
Will my MonsterLink work on all devices?
Yes, MonsterLinks will always work and are the one exception to the device rule.