OptinMonster makes it easy to show campaigns on specific devices. You can create campaigns to target just mobile or non-mobile visitors and more.
In this article, you’ll learn how to show campaigns on desktop and mobile devices.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Device targeting is available with a Pro or higher subscription.
- You can create Mobile-only campaigns with a Pro or higher subscription.
- This article covers specific settings in the Display Rules. If you’re just getting started we recommend reading our general Display Rule documentation first.
You can use the device targeting rule in the Display Rules to show or hide your campaign on specific devices.
To target your campaign to specific devices, follow these steps:
- In the campaign builder, navigate to the Display Rules view.
- Begin editing your rules and when adding a new rule choose visitor’s device from the dropdown.
- In the next dropdown, select is or is not to determine how you want to match the device rule.
- You’ll then have the option to choose which devices you want to target. Choose from Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
How do I target just mobile phones but not tablets?
The Mobile option targets mobile phones only.
Will my MonsterLink work on all devices?
Yes, MonsterLinks will always work and are the one exception to the device rule.
Why don’t I have the Device Targeting options in the Display Rules?
If your campaign is a Mobile-only campaign, no device targeting options will appear in the Display Rules. This is because Mobile-only campaigns will show on mobile phones by default with no option to change the device.
You can convert a Mobile-only campaign to a standard campaign if you prefer to show it on other devices.