By default, all OptinMonster campaigns appear on all devices. But we’ve made it super simple to create campaigns that appear ONLY on mobile devices using these templates specifically designed to convert better for mobile users.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a campaign that appears only on Mobile using one of our Mobile Templates.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Mobile Templates require a Pro or higher subscription.
- Mobile Templates will show on mobile phones by default with no option to show them on other devices.
- While these templates are designed just for mobile, you can target any other campaign to be shown on specific devices using our Device Targeting display rule.
Create a Mobile Campaign
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster you can optimize the design and target only mobile traffic on your site using our mobile templates.
To create a mobile campaign, follow these steps:
- From the OptinMonster Dashboard, select the Create New Campaign button.
- On the next screen, you’ll choose the campaign type and template you want to use. In the filter options, choose Mobile to view mobile-specific campaign templates.
- Once you’ve chosen the template you want to use, finish creating your campaign as usual. The new mobile campaign will show only to mobile visitors with no option to target other devices.
Convert a Campaign to Mobile
You can also convert any existing campaign to be Mobile-only.
To convert a campaign to Mobile-only, follow these steps:
- Select the Gear icon in the campaign builder, located in the upper-left corner.
- In the modal, toggle the Mobile Campaign option. Save to apply the change.
- The campaign builder will update to show the campaign preview within the bounds of a mobile phone view.
- Be sure to Save your campaign after converting the campaign to Mobile-only.
- Your campaign will now show only on mobile phones by default.
Can I convert a Mobile-only campaign back to a standard campaign?
Yes! Just follow the steps above, toggling the Mobile Campaign option off and saving the change. Please note that you may need to edit the campaign’s design to fit your needs after converting to or from Mobile-only.
Do I have to have a campaign specifically for Mobile traffic?
Not at all. If it better fits your workflow and goals you can instead create a standard campaign. If your campaign is not Mobile-only, it will show on all devices by default and you can use the Display Rules to target the campaign to Desktop, Tablet, and/or Mobile Phone.
We typically recommend creating a separate campaign just for mobile visitors so you can better control the design on small devices and track the conversion rate specific to mobile traffic.
How do I stop my campaign for Desktop traffic from also showing on Mobile?
You can control which devices your standard campaigns appear on using the Display Rules.
Why does my campaign design look weird after I’ve converted it?
You may need to adjust the campaign design after converting to or from Mobile-only. This is not necessary if you create a Mobile-only campaign from the start and do not convert because the design is already optimized for small screens.