Looking to add extra fields like company name or a hidden field for list segmentation? It’s easy to add extra fields to your OptinMonster campaign with our Custom HTML integration option.
In this article, you’ll learn how to add extra fields to your OptinMonster campaign.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- In order to use the Custom HTML Integration, you must remove all other integrations from the campaign in the builder.
- You’ll create your form containing the extra fields you wish to use in your Email Service Provider (e.g. MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc) account first before pasting the form embed code into your OptinMonster campaign.
- The custom form you add to your campaign may not appear styled the same as the default form and require custom CSS to style it as you desire.
- When using a custom form it’s important to follow this guide to make sure conversions are tracked properly.
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
Add Extra Fields
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you wish to add extra form fields to you’ll want to use our Custom HTML integration option.
To add extra fields to your campaign, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations tab in the campaign builder.
- Click Add New Integration.
- Search for and select Custom HTML from the dropdown field.
- Paste your custom form code containing the extra fields into the provided field.
- (Optional) Style your form by adding custom CSS to the campaign in the Design view’s Campaign Settings > Custom CSS panel.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
I don’t see the Custom HTML integration option in the dropdown.
Check if you have any other integration configured for the campaign and delete those first.
It’s not possible to connect multiple integrations when using Custom HTML so the option will only appear if there are no other integrations configured for the campaign.
My custom form isn’t tracking conversions when it’s submitted.
See our guide on how to track conversions with a custom HTML form.
Can I show the Success view or specify a redirect URL in the campaign builder?
No, unfortunately, it’s not possible for OptinMonster to override your custom form’s default actions. You’ll need to control the URL the visitor is redirected to after submitting the form through your Email Service Provider account.