By connecting your OptinMonster campaigns with Google Analytics you can leverage the additional tools available in their platform, including Event Goals.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create Event Goals in Google Analytics for your OptinMonster campaigns.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- This article assumes you’ve already connected your campaign to Google Analytics.
- Due to the custom nature of Event Goals, we are not able to provide support in set-up or troubleshooting.
Create Event Goal
To create an OptinMonster Event Goal in Google Analytics, follow these steps:
- Log into your Google Analytics account and navigate to the Admin.
- Next, select the Account and Property you want to create an Event Goal in.
The Property you select in this step must match the Property selected for this campaign in your OptinMonster Analytics panel.
- Navigate to the Goals section of the Admin for the Property you’ve selected.
- Select the + New Goal button.
- Under Goal Setup, choose Custom, then select the Continue button.
- In the Goal description field, give the goal a name.
This will appear in the Goals screen for you to easily identify your specific goal later on.
- Under Type, choose Event.
- Next, select the Continue button.
- Google Analytics will prompt you for more information about your Event Goal.
In this article, we’re going to track the
conversionevent for a specific campaign.
We do this by setting the event Action as ‘Equals to’
conversion, and the event Label as ‘Equals to’ the Unique ID of your campaign.
Your own event Label should match the unique ID of your OptinMonster campaign.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
- You’ll be returned to the Goals screen in your Google Analytics Admin.
The last step to complete before your goal will begin tracking is to turn on Recording:
If you’re serious about jumpstarting your website business growth, then get started with OptinMonster today!
Our conversion experts will design 1 free campaign for you to get maximum results – absolutely FREE! Click here to get started →
Does my Event Goal have to be configured identically to this guide?
Not at all, instead, you should consider this a starter guide to help you get familiar and comfortable creating your first Event Goal in Google Analytics.
In fact, you’ll want to customize your Event Goals to fit your specific needs, so this guide may not cover the specific Event Goal you end up creating in your own Google Analytics account.
Can I enter the title of my campaign instead of the numeric ID?
Yes, if grabbing the numeric ID doesn’t fit your workflow, you can enter the title of your campaign as the event Category instead.
Can I track my campaign’s impression events instead of conversions?
Yes, simply change ‘conversion’ to ‘impression’ for the event Action when configuring your goal.
Where do I find the campaign ID to use in my Event Goal?
The campaign’s unique ID is shown in the Campaign Dashboard preview pane: