OptinMonster’s folders feature is a powerful tool to help you organize and target campaigns.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use OptinMonster’s folders feature.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Folders can be used to organize campaigns in your Dashboard.
- Folders can also be used to target campaigns in the Display Rules.
Create a Folder
When you have several campaigns in your account, you can use folders to help organize them. You may find it helpful to group campaigns that offer the same promotion, by season/holiday, or another common theme.
To create a folder, follow these steps:
- From the OptinMonster Dashboard, under Folders in the left sidebar select + Create a new folder.
- A popup will appear, enter the name of your new folder and select the Create Folder button.
- Your new folder will now appear in the left sidebar of the Dashboard.
Add Campaign to Folder
To add a campaign to a folder, follow these steps:
- From the OptinMonster Dashboard, select the campaign you want to add to a folder and then click on the Add to Folder icon in the right preview pane for that campaign.
- A popup will appear, select the folder you want to add the campaign to from the dropdown. If the folder doesn’t exist yet you can also create a new folder during this process.
- Once you’ve selected the folder(s) you want to add the campaign to select the Save button.
Target Campaign by Folder
You can use folders to control how campaigns are shown or hidden from visitors on your website.
Similar to our MonsterChains feature, you can now show or hide a campaign if the visitor has seen, closed, or converted on any campaign in a specific folder.
To target a campaign using folders, follow these steps:
- In the campaign builder, navigate to the Display Rules view from the top menu.
- From the Display Rules add a new rule and select from one of the following conditions:
- has converted
- has not converted
- visitor has closed
- visitor has not closed
- visitor has seen
- visitor has not seen
- Next, select campaign folder from the next dropdown field.
- Finally, select the folder you want to use for your rule.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
I want to use a folder that’s not in the dropdown when configuring the Display Rules.
Because it’s not possible to create folders from the campaign builder’s Display Rules view, be sure you’ve created the folder you want to use from the Campaign Dashboard before configuring these rules.