OptinMonster makes it easy to show campaigns to visitors only after they have or have not viewed a specific page of your site.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use the Pages Visited Display Rule in OptinMonster.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- The Pages Visited rule requires a Growth subscription.
- The Pages Visited rule lets you display your campaign based on specific pages the visitor has already visited during their time on your website.
- Learn more about our Display Rules,
Add Pages Visited Rule
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster that you want to show to visitors only after they have or haven’t viewed specific page(s) of your website you can use our Display Rules to do so.
To configure the Pages Visited rule, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules view in the campaign builder.
- Select the Edit button in the Summary view of your campaign’s Display Rules to modify them.
- Select the + Add button to add an AND rule, or the + Add a New ‘OR’ Rule button to add an OR rule.
- Click on the Select Rule field and select Personalization from the sub-menu options.
- Search for and select the Has Visited a Page OR Has Not Visited a Page rule.
The following options are available for Page View targeting:
- URL Operators
- is the homepage
- exactly matches
- starts with
- ends with
- matches the pattern (RegEx)
- Days Operators
- Within the last (days)
- URL Operators
- Once you’ve selected the specific option you would like to use you’ll be provided with configuration options specific to that feature.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
What should I enter in the Key field?
This field accepts only a valid URL path.
The URL path is a specific portion of a web page’s URL, but not the full URL. The URL path is the text after the domain.
I have a Single Page Application I’m using OptinMonster on but this rule isn’t working for me.
In some cases, this rule may not work as expected on SPA sites. If you’re experiencing this issue please submit a support ticket.