OptinMonster makes it easy to create and display a sidebar widget campaign on your WordPress site. Sidebar campaigns are a great way to convert subscribers without interrupting their browsing experience.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a sidebar widget campaign in WordPress with OptinMonster.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- This guide assumes you’ve already created an Inline campaign and you’re ready to use it as a widget.
Add Sidebar Widget Campaign
Sidebar widget campaigns are a great way to increase conversions throughout your site, particularly on your blog.
To create a sidebar widget campaign, follow these steps:
- From the WordPress admin of your site, navigate to the Campaigns screen in the OptinMonster plugin.
- Next, click on the Name of your Inline campaign from the list.
- Make sure that Enable Embed Code is toggled to Yes.
- Navigate to the Appearance > Widgets page in WordPress.
- Add an OptinMonster widget to the section you want to display your Inline campaign.
- Finish configuring the OptinMonster widget by selecting the name of the Inline campaign from the dropdown field.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
I would like to add a sidebar campaign to my site but I’m not using WordPress.
You can still create an Inline campaign and manually add the embed code to the sidebar area of your non-WordPress site where you would like it to appear.
How do I control where my sidebar widget campaign appears in WordPress?
We recommend using a plugin, like one of the following, to control where the OptinMonster widget appears on your site: