OptinMonster makes it easy to create and display a sidebar widget campaign on your WordPress site. Sidebar campaigns are a great way to convert subscribers without interrupting their browsing experience.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a sidebar widget campaign in WordPress with OptinMonster.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- This guide assumes you’ve already created an Inline campaign and you’re ready to use it as a widget.
Add Sidebar Widget Campaign
Sidebar widget campaigns are a great way to increase conversions throughout your site, particularly on your blog.
To create a sidebar widget campaign, follow these steps:
- From the WordPress admin of your site, navigate to the Campaigns screen in the OptinMonster plugin.
- Next, click on the Name of your Inline campaign from the list.
- Make sure that Enable Embed Code is toggled to Yes.
- Navigate to the Appearance > Widgets page in WordPress.
- Add an OptinMonster widget to the section you want to display your Inline campaign.
- Finish configuring the OptinMonster widget by selecting the name of the Inline campaign from the dropdown field.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
My campaign looks bad and is squished when I view it on my site, why?
Our Inline campaigns can be embedded in many different content areas of your site. If you’ve embedded the campaign in a content area with a very narrow width, like the sidebar of a page, you may need to adjust the design to better fit the content area it will appear in.
In the campaign builder, you can adjust the max-container width to more closely match the width of the content area you’re planning to show the campaign in on your site. This will make it easier to customize the appearance to match how it will appear on your site.
You can edit the max-container width in the Display Settings of the campaign builder, like this:
I would like to add a sidebar campaign to my site but I’m not using WordPress.
You can still create an Inline campaign and manually add the embed code to the sidebar area of your non-WordPress site where you would like it to appear.
How do I control where my sidebar widget campaign appears in WordPress?
We recommend using a plugin, like one of the following, to control where the OptinMonster widget appears on your site: