OptinMonster makes it easy to show your campaigns only to visitors with a specific anchor tag. Use the guide below to set up the anchor tag display rule for your campaigns.
In this article, you’ll learn how to target a campaign to an anchor tag.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Anchor tag targeting is available with a Pro or higher subscription.
- An “anchor tag” is the part of a URL that follows a ‘#’ symbol. Anchor tags can be used to link a visitor to a specific part of your webpage, like a heading in the middle of the page. For example, in the URL ‘https://www.domain.com/page#heading’ the anchor tag is ‘heading’.
- You can include or exclude a campaign from showing based on whether a specific anchor tag is present, or if it matches a pattern using RegEx.
Add Anchor Tag Rule
When you’re using anchor tags on your site, you can easily direct visitors to a specific place on a page, or trigger an OptinMonster campaign.
To target your campaign to a specific anchor tag, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules view in the campaign builder.
- When adding a new rule, select Anchor Tag Targeting from the Targeting menu.
- Next, choose how you would like to target your anchor tag. The following options are available for Anchor Tag targeting:
- exactly matches
- does not exactly match
- does not contain
- starts with
- does not start with
- ends with
- does not end with
- is empty
- is not empty
- matches the pattern
- Once you’ve selected the specific option you would like to use, type the anchor tag to be targeted in the third box.
- When you are finished, click Save.