OptinMonster makes it easy to trigger campaigns on a time delay. Set a campaign to show immediately when a visitor arrives to your site or a specific page, or delay the appearance of a campaign to allow visitors to browse the site first.
In this article, you will learn how to use the “time on page” and “time on site” Display Rules in OptinMonster.
In this Article
Add Time Delay Display Rule
The time delay rules let you display your campaign based on how long the visitor has spent on a page on your site or on the site itself. When the page loads, it starts a timer and it triggers the campaign when the timer reaches the seconds you set in the settings.
To display a campaign on a time delay, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules View in the campaign builder.
- Select the Edit button in the Summary view of your campaign’s Display Rules to modify them.
- Select the + Add button to add an AND rule, or the + Add a New ‘OR’ Rule button to add an OR rule.
- Click on the Select Rule field and select Trigger (When) from the sub-menu options.
- Select Time on Page or Time on Site from the menu.
- Time on Page will trigger this campaign when a visitor has spent a certain amount of time on a page on your site.
- Time on Site will trigger this campaign when a visitor has spent a certain amount of total time on the site, regardless of how many pages have been visited during that time.
- In the second column, choose the rule’s modifier. There are three options: “is at least,” “is immediate,” and “is no more than.”
- If you choose “is at least” or “is no more than,” a third box will appear. Type the number of seconds delay that you want to apply to the campaign.
- When you are finished, click Save.
I configured my campaign to show up on time delay but it’s not working.
Remove and re-add the time delay rule in the Display Rules, then save your campaign and test if it appears as expected.