OptinMonster makes it easy to convert abandoning visitors using our powerful Exit-Intent technology. Show your campaign at the precise moment a visitor decides to leave your site.
In this article, you’ll learn how to active Exit-Intent in OptinMonster.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Exit-Intent is available with a Pro or higher subscription.
- Exit-Intent can be used with any popup type campaign (e.g. Lightbox, Fullscreen, Floating Bar, and Slide-In). It cannot be used with Inline campaigns.
- Exit-Intent is one of our most effective campaign triggers, easily increasing conversions by 2x or more.
When you create a campaign in OptinMonster you can rapidly increase conversions by triggering it to appear using a Exit-Intent.
To active Exit-Intent, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Display Rules tab in the campaign builder.
- Next, add a rule to your ruleset and choose exit detected from the dropdown.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
What is the Exit-Intent Sensitivity Setting?
The exit Sensitivity setting controls how far away from the top of the browser the user’s mouse must be before the campaign is triggered.
The sensitivity can be set to Low, Medium or High sensitivity.
For example, High sensitivity will cause the campaign to be triggered when the visitor’s mouse is further away from the browser than a Medium or Low sensitivity setting would.
Each setting correlates to a specific pixel value. When the visitor is that many pixels away from the top of the browser window with their mouse, the campaign will be triggered to appear. The pixel value for each setting is as follows:
- Low: 1 pixel
- Medium: 50 pixels
- High: 150 pixels
Does Exit-Intent work on mobile?
No, Exit-Intent will not trigger campaigns on mobile devices.
When configuring campaigns that show on mobile devices we recommend using our Inactivity Sensor rule in place of Exit-Intent. This rule allows you to show the campaign when a user has stopped all activity, including clicking and scrolling, for a given amount of time. You can add this using the + Add a new ‘OR’ rule button to show on either exit or inactivity, whichever trigger occurs first.
How does Exit-Intent Work?
OptinMonster’s Exit-Intent Technology works by tracking the user’s mouse position and triggering a campaign as the mouse approaches the top of the browser window – indicating they intend to navigate away from your site.