OptinMonster can work with any website. The best lead generation tool works on Volusion too! This guide will show you how you can integrate the power of OptinMonster into your Volusion site.
Step 1 – Create and Publish a Campaign
The first step is to create a campaign and retrieve it’s embed code. See this guide on how to embed your campaigns on your site for a step-by-step walkthrough if you need assistance.
Step 2 – Paste the Embed Code into Your Volusion Site
Once logged-in to your Volusion account select the Design tab. Within the submenu of Design, click File Editor.
Scroll to the bottom of the main template file (template 253.html in the example above). Paste the embed code you previously copied before the closing </body> tag and save the changes.
If you’re adding an inline type campaign (After Post / Inline or Sidebar), you’ll add either the HTML Placeholder (if using a Sitewide Embed) or the entire Campaign Specific Embed where you want your campaign to appear on the page.
You’re all done! You can now navigate to the front-end of your Volusion site and test your beautiful new campaign!
Q: What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
A: When creating your campaign you can add the domain
volusion.com for your campaign to load on. This will allow you to view the campaign when previewing your site.
If your site uses a custom domain, you should also add your site’s custom domain (the domain used to reach the front-end of your site) in the Setup panel > Optin Campaign Website section of the campaign builder.
Q: I have questions about how the Embed Code works.
A: If you have any questions, such as:
- What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
- What’s the difference between the Sitewide and Campaign Specific embed codes?
- I’m using the Sitewide Embed, how do I control where my campaigns load?
- I’m using the Sitewide Embed, how do I control where on the page my After Post / Inline or Sidebar campaigns appear?
- Does the embed code have to be pasted before the closing
- How do Afterpost and Inline Campaigns work with Embed Codes?
All of the questions above are answered on our main Embed Documentation available here.