Each OptinMonster subscription is allowed a specific number of pageviews, or the number of times the campaigns in your account can be shown.
In this article, you’ll learn what happens if your account exceeds the number of pageviews assigned to it and how to manage your Pageview and Upgrade Preferences.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Pageviews accumulate throughout an entire month (e.g. March 1-31) and reset at the beginning of the next month (e.g. April 1).
- Pageview and Upgrade Preferences allow you to choose how we should handle your account if your account exceeds the pageview limits available to your plan.
- Pageview and Upgrade Preferences can be found on the Manage Subscription page.
We offer other options to allow you to choose the best action for your specific account needs.
To manage your pageview and upgrade preferences, follow these steps:
- Log into your OptinMonster account and navigate to the Manage Subscription page.
- Under the Pageview & Upgrade Preferences section choose the option you prefer from the dropdown field.
- When you’re finished, click save changes.
There are three options available for managing your account pageview and upgrade preferences:
1. Automatically upgrade to the appropriate plan
If this option is selected and your account exceeds the pageviews for your plan, we will attempt to upgrade your account to the plan that corresponds with the pageviews your account is receiving automatically.
If you are on a monthly plan, you will be upgraded to that plan’s monthly subscription. If you’re on an annual plan, you’ll be upgraded to that plan’s annual subscription.
The number of pageviews available for each plan can be viewed here.
2. Add a pageview block
If this option is selected and your account exceeds the pageviews available for your plan, we will attempt to add as many pageview block(s) as needed to cover the overage.
Pageview blocks are $29/block/month and are billed monthly.
Each pageview block includes 250,000 pageviews. For example, if your account exceeds pageviews by 500,000, we will add two (2) pageview blocks at one time instead of one.
The pageview block(s) will remain in your account, billed monthly, until you remove it.
While this is the default for Growth, Enterprise and Custom plans, Basic, Plus and Pro customers can also choose this as their default preference.
3. Suspend campaigns until pageviews reset at the beginning of the next month
If this option is selected and your account exceeds the pageviews for your plan, we will temporarily suspend your campaigns until any of the following occurs:
- The month ends and a new month begins, resetting the pageviews and removing the temporary suspension.
- You add a pageview block.
- You upgrade to a subscription tier with enough pageviews to cover your usage. This will remove the temporary suspension immediately following a successful payment.
Enterprise, Growth, Pro, Plus, Basic and custom plans can select this preference.
What happens when an automatic upgrade or pageview block addition fails?
If for any reason we attempt to upgrade your account to the most appropriate tier, or we attempt to add pageview block(s) and fail, we will provide a grace period of three days and alert you by email.
If you fail to take action within those three days, we will temporarily suspend your campaigns for the remainder of the month, or until you upgrade or add a pageview block(s).
You will receive an email when this occurs, too. That email will share with you the date your campaigns will activate again if do not take any action. You’ll also see a similar notice within your OptinMonster dashboard.
What if my Enterprise plan is billed by invoice or bank transfer and is not able to be billed automatically for upgrades or additional pageview blocks?
For our valued Enterprise customers, we will reach out to you directly if your account exceeds the pageviews allocated to your account to discuss the best options for your business.