Keeping the OptinMonster plugin updated to the most current version ensures you have the latest features, fewest bugs, and smoothest experience.
In this article, you’ll learn how to update the OptinMonster plugin for WordPress.
Before You Begin
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- We always suggest making a complete back-up of your website’s files and database. This is considered a best practice before updating any plugins on your site.
- If your update is not showing but you know there is an update, refresh your page a couple times to flush out the cache.
- For a step-by-step guide to updating WordPress plugins, see WPBeginner’s Guide on Updating WordPress Plugins.
- Refer to the OptinMonster plugin changelog for details on each release.
To update the OptinMonster plugin for WordPress, follow these steps:
- In the WordPress admin, navigate to the Plugins screen from the sidebar menu.
- Scroll down to the OptinMonster API plugin. If an available update appears, select the Update link to automatically update the plugin.
Note: If you haven’t backed up your site before this step we recommend you stop and back up your site before updating any plugins.
- WordPress will notify you once the update has been completed.