OptinMonster can work with any website. The best lead generation tool works on Shopify too! This guide will show you how you can integrate the power of OptinMonster into your Shopify site.
Step 1 – Create and Publish a Campaign
The first step is to create a campaign and retrieve it’s embed code. See this guide on how to embed your campaigns on your site for a step-by-step walkthrough if you need assistance.
Step 2 – Paste the Embed Code into Your Shopify Site
Login to the admin of your Shopify site and navigate to Online Store > Themes, then select the Customize theme button.
On the next screen, select Theme options from the top menu, then Edit HTML / CSS from the dropdown.
If you’re adding a popup campaign you’ll select the theme.liquid file to edit, located in the Layout folder. If you’re adding an Inline campaign, you’ll want to add your embed code where you want your campaign to appear on the page.
Next, paste the embed code you previously copied at the bottom of the theme file just before the closing
</body> tag and Save your changes.
If you’re adding an inline type campaign (After Post / Inline or Sidebar), you’ll add either the HTML Placeholder (if using an Account-wide Embed) or the entire Campaign Specific Embed where you want your campaign to appear on the page.
You’re all done! You can now navigate to the front-end of your Shopify site and test your beautiful new campaign!
Q: What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
A: When creating your campaign you can add the domain
myshopify.com for your campaign to load on. This will allow you to view the campaign when previewing your site.
Q: I have questions about how the Embed Code works.
A: If you have any questions, such as:
- What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
- What’s the difference between the Account-wide and Campaign Specific embed codes?
- I’m using the Account-wide Embed, how do I control where my campaigns load?
- I’m using the Account-wide Embed, how do I control where on the page my After Post / Inline or Sidebar campaigns appear?
- Does the embed code have to be pasted before the closing
- How do Afterpost and Inline Campaigns work with Embed Codes?
All of the questions above are answered on our main Embed Documentation available here.