OptinMonster makes it easy to create attention-grabbing campaigns using our Sound Effects feature. Play sound as your campaign appears to visitors on your site!
In this article, you’ll learn how to use OptinMonster’s Sound Effects feature.
Before You Start
Here are some things to know before you begin:
- Sound Effects are available with a Plus or higher subscription.
- Sound Effects cannot be applied to Inline campaigns.
Apply Sound Effect
To set a Sound Effect, follow these steps:
- In the campaign builder, navigate to the Display Rules view.
- Select the Ruleset you wish to configure then click on the Actions link.
- From the dropdown set the sound you’d like to play when the campaign appears on your site.
The following sounds are available to choose from:
- No Effect (default)
- When you’re finished, Save the campaign.
I’ve configured Sound Effects but they aren’t working, why?
We are not able to guarantee Sound Effects will work in all browsers for all visitors.
There are several factors that will influence when Sound Effects will work for an individual visitor on your site, including:
- The browser they are using; and
- Their individual browser settings; and
- The visitor’s interaction with your site.
Can I add sound effects to an Inline campaign?
No, it is not possible to add sound effects to Inline campaigns since they appear immediately on page load.
Does the Sound Effects feature negatively affect my site’s performance, will it slow down my site?
No, OptinMonster uses modern browser APIs to make the sounds rather than loading sound files. This cuts loading time significantly and makes the campaign lightweight.
Do the sound effects work with Internet Explorer?
No, because OptinMonster uses modern browser APIs to make the sounds rather than loading sound files, the sound effects will not work with Internet Explorer.