Welcome to OptinMonster, the best lead generation software available for all types of websites! OptinMonster will help you increase your conversions and build your web presence.
This overview of OptinMonster is designed to introduce you to the major areas of OptinMonster’s website and help you get started creating new optins quickly.
Follow our video or check out our documentation below the video.
- The OptinMonster Dashboard
- OptinMonster Support
- Referral Program
- My Account
- API and Site Management
- Integrations for Email Service Providers
- Create a New Optin
Once You Log In
You can find a variety of items the moment you log in. We’ll cover each of these items below so that you will know exactly what to do.
The Dashboard button is your “OptinMonster Home Screen”. On your dashboard you will find all of your optins. If you are just getting started, it may a little bare right now, but that will change as soon as you start creating your first optins.
You’ll also see high-level conversion analytics for each optin, quickly edit, perform split-tests, and get the embed code for each of your optins from this screen.
Clicking the “Docs” link in the upper right navigation will lead you to our Documentation.
These categories comprise our main areas of documentation.
- Getting Started houses all of the basics for getting started with OptinMonster, including our how-to docs for various optins.
- Integrations is where you will find how to integrate with various Email Service Providers.
- Functionality discusses more in-depth how to use OptinMonster or modify certain aspects, such as making a form single-optin instead of double-optin.
- Account Management shares how to update your OptinMonster account information like your email address and billing information. You can also learn how to upgrade or cancel your account here.
- Extending contains extra docs discussing migrating from the old OptinMonster WordPress plugin to the new OptinMonster App.
- Platforms will show you how to connect OptinMonster with WordPress, SquareSpace, static HTML sites, and other platforms.
You’ll also see the blank “Ask a Question” field. If you start typing keywords, like “MailChimp”, then our page will dynamically display documentation relating to your question.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for in the documentation categories, or by Asking a Question, please feel free to click the Submit a Ticket button share your question with our support team.
When you need help with your optins, we’re just a few clicks away.
You’ll notice that our support form has several options in the “What Can We Help You With Today?” field. Please help us help you as quickly as possible by choosing the option which best fits your inquiry.
If you’re an existing customer, you’ll be asked to login prior to submitting the form. You may also be asked to choose the optins and domains you’re having issues with. This helps us to more quickly access your account and resolve the specific issue.
Here are a few helpful tips for corresponding with support:
- Be concise, yet thorough. We’re here to help! Feel free to take all the space needed to properly explain your issue, but please try to include only the most relevant details.
- When referencing the optin(s) you’re having trouble with, use either the optin’s name, or its slug. Just saying, “My optin isn’t working” or even “my fullscreen optin isn’t working” may mean an additional email exchange from us simply to clarify which optin specifically you need help with. The more specific you can be, the more quickly we can resolve your issue.
- Don’t try to send code in the email itself — our support system will remove embedded code in the email. Instead please share github gists, Evernotes, a Dropbox image, a clip from pastie.org, etc. Those 3rd party links are very helpful.
- If you’re having a hard time explaining what is happening with your optin, consider sharing your issue in this way: What happened? What did you expect to happen? What were you doing while it was happening?
Yes! You can make money by promoting OptinMonster! You can apply to join our affiliate program on that screen.
When you click for the referral program, you will be brought to this screen.
Under your My Account page you will see your account details, the ability to change your password etc.
If you ever need an invoice, you can generate one by clicking your plan (highlighted in blue font in the screenshot above), and following the directions there.
API and Site Management are used to specify which domains you’ll use with your OptinMonster account.
The API area is only used for WordPress at this moment, but could potentially be used for other platforms in the future.
The Site Management area is used to manage the domains your optins can load on. If your domain isn’t listed here you can simply add a new domain from this screen. You can also add new domains to your site when creating and editing your optins. Clicking the Gear Symbol will allow you to edit any of the information for already registered domains.
The Integrations page will show you all of the Email Service Providers (ESPs) that you already are connected to and the ones that you can natively connect to (meaning, we connect to their API) .
You can also disconnect from any newsletters or ESPs at any time from this screen.
We provide guides for connecting to all of our native Integrations. If your Email Service Provider isn’t available, you can also use our Custom HTML Integration option to add the form code for your specific ESP.
When you’re done using your OptinMonster account or editing optins, keep your account safe and secure by logging out.
Last but not least, is creating a new optin. For this, we suggest you check out our guide on how to create your first optin.