OptinMonster can work with any website. The best lead generation tool works on Magento too! This guide will show you how you can integrate the power of OptinMonster into your Magento site.
Step 1 – Create and Publish a Campaign
The first step is to create a campaign and retrieve it’s embed code. See this guide on how to embed your campaigns on your site for a step-by-step walkthrough if you need assistance.
Step 2 – Paste the Embed Code into a Block in Your Magento Site
First, login to the admin of your Magento site and navigate to CMS > Static Blocks.
From the Static Blocks screen, we’re going to select an existing block near the foot of the page to add our embed code to. Here we’re selecting the “Footer Links SM” block to edit.
Since our block is already configured, all we need to do is paste the embed code we previously copied into the Content field, below the existing HTML.
If you’re adding an inline type campaign (After Post / Inline or Sidebar), you’ll add either the HTML Placeholder (if using a Sitewide Embed) or the entire Campaign Specific Embed where you want your campaign to appear on the page.
Be sure to Save your Block when you’re finished and that’s it! You can now navigate to the front-end of your BigCommerce site and test your beautiful new campaign!
Q: What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
A: When creating your campaign you can add your site’s custom domain (the domain used to reach the front-end of your site) in the Setup panel > Optin Campaign Website section of the campaign builder.
Q: I have questions about how the Embed Code works.
A: If you have any questions, such as:
- What domain do I enter when creating my campaign?
- What’s the difference between the Sitewide and Campaign Specific embed codes?
- I’m using the Sitewide Embed, how do I control where my campaigns load?
- I’m using the Sitewide Embed, how do I control where on the page my After Post / Inline or Sidebar campaigns appear?
- Does the embed code have to be pasted before the closing
- How do Afterpost and Inline Campaigns work with Embed Codes?
All of the questions above are answered on our main Embed Documentation available here.