As a Digital PR and Outreach Specialist at OptinMonster, you’re responsible for increasing brand awareness and website rankings by promoting our content through outreach and digital PR practices. If you are a tech-savvy professional with an interest in developing relationships with popular bloggers and online influencers, we would like to meet you.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Here are some skills that will come handy:
- You have a knack for networking and connecting with people digitally.
- Ability to evaluate link opportunities, perform keyword research, and evaluate which keywords to rank for.
- Familiar with email marketing basics (like CAN-SPAM compliance), and comfortable communicating via digital media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, blog comments, etc.
- Experience pitching and placing content and links externally.
- Awareness of industry trends and comfortable writing about them.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Prior experience in identifying target audiences and devising social campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience in PR, content marketing, or relationship management preferred, but not required.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Extremely organized x infinity.
- Excel in a team environment and able to communicate clearly with your peers.
- Identify Opportunities
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for brand promotion via links, mentions, comments, interviews, guest posts, etc.
- Research and test new digital PR and link building tactics.
- Stay current on content promotion trends.
- Suggest ideas for content with outreach and PR potential.
- Perform Outreach
- Contact and build relationships with website owners, bloggers, journalists, major media outlets, and influencers.
- Create Processes
- Develop innovative, creative and unique approaches to influencer marketing.
- Build outreach email lists for content promotion campaigns.
- Create email templates, outreach approaches, and techniques.
- Communicate Results
- Consistently track and report progress.
- Constantly evaluate and optimize PR efforts in order to achieve maximum impact with limited effort and resources.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, UK, Czech Republic, Greece, Pakistan, and more.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- After one year with the company: 30 calendar days paid maternity/paternity leave, and up to 60 calendar days total time off with position guaranteed.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or conference that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please send a short email to jobs [at] awesomemotive.com telling us about yourself, what you can contribute to the team, and attach a resume. Include the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 72 hours.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!